Top causes for death in PoE?

For many of us who may simply suck at playing higher level content, but don't whine about it, the biggest causes of death are more simple things like poor passive skill design, poor equipment choices, simply biting off more than we can chew even before we get to a map boss. We generally play standard so don't really care if we die a few times, its no big deal really
"
MajorThor wrote:
Pivoting on Shade of Aran.

Good ol' Flame Wreaths where you actually had to stand still in the fire and pretty much take your hands off the keyboard and not risk attacking just in case. ...SO many memorable wipes on that boss. :P As far as stuff for this game and in no particular order:

1. Bad roll of the RNG for enemies critting you in rapid succession, so no defense saves you against it.

2. Poor gear and passives and lack of game knowledge that lead to players playing bad and biting off more than they can chew.

3. Terrible map combos of mods that can lead to further BS when the stars align.

4. Freezing/Lag on strongboxes or other parts of the game that lead to death.

5. Overconfidence.

6. Not paying attention or being too tired to focus when you should have taken a break and called it quits.
1. Oneshot
2. Server Lag
3. Game freeze

1) my nephew

2) my mom

3) my dogs

4) Isp providing a new IP adress

Yup. Priorities.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
1) bad rng mostly.

not working maxed block- 5 hits in a row till death. Getting stun locked by 20% hp hits till death with 60% (ES 50% + a little from life) stun avoidance.

2) and of course all those pesky oneshots, lags and my mistakes.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Nov 28, 2015, 12:33:36 PM
1. Elemental reflect.

There are times (like with a critical hit chain attacks) where I can do a single button press and die without there being anything I can do about it.I have intentionally used support combos that are sub-optimal just to guard against that. Where as with physical attacks you can take measures to reduce the damage with elemental damage you just don't have anywhere near the amount of options as you do with physical damage.

Nothing kills the fun like having to check every rare for reflects particularly when you cant see them lol.

2. Loading freeze like with rogue exiles from boxes.

3. Status effects like stun lock and recovery time letting mobs surround you.

4. Any of the many "pop up" mobs especially when they have the extra cold damage mod.

5. Those stupid god dam mini totem things in act 4 lol hate those guys.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on Nov 28, 2015, 12:57:16 PM
1. Malachai whenever I get bored with the fight and zerg it.
EDIT: actually 2. Daresso's spinning blades, they made the fight such a fucking chore god damn I hate that shit. From a pretty fun fight to random-death garbage. Oh welp two blades spawned on top of me guess I'm dead great thanks game.
2. Any other random thing because I am bad at game.

Well, I guess that's a list of "what I distinctly remember causing a death" moreso than a real list of what gets me killed.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 28, 2015, 1:00:42 PM
yeah, those spinning blades frustrates me a lot. Those blades looks more dangerous than daresso him self :D
Rushing in and being swarmed from all sides. Corrupted bloodline when you take hits from multiple targets with the affix.
my deaths:

- invasion boss pre-nerf
- Dominus touch of god (sloppy play on my part)
- strongbox lag + rogue exile + beyond spawn in a high level map with bad rolls
- bad build + rogue exile
- Tunneltrap shotgun + maybe crit (8400 hp one-hit)
- corrupting blood + chatting in skype

mostly sloppy play
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info