Skill Development - Blade Vortex

"
Norc wrote:
Any thoughts on whether this is a true mobile spell ale effect or a stacking buff effect on the character?
I'm not entirely sure what a Spell Ale is (:P), but I can tell you that BV's not a Buff, it's a Spell with a Duration that follows your position.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Spells do not deal Weapon Damage though, the Strength bonus from Pillar doesn't apply.

Well that's strange the spell does say "delas 5-7 phys dmg" and I tought that it would scale. the only way to use this spell then is either with a phys wand or triggered which is rather disappointing.
Damage type (physical/elemental/chaos) is entirely separate from the 'base type' or source (Attack/Spell/Damage over Time/secondary). It works the same as Ethereal Knives: it's a Spell dealing Physical Spell Damage. Being Spell damage it does not care one bit about your weapon Damage, because weapon Damage is exclusively tied to Attacks.

As such, getting a Wand with high Physical Damage doesn't get you anything: Phys Damage modifiers on weapons are local. You need Spell Damage or global Physical Damage (ex. Rustic Sash, Shadow's starter nodes). It also Crits from what we last saw, and it might deal AoE Damage too, but that's a little bit of a mystery at the moment.
There's also Hatred and the Added Fire Support that tend to work pretty well for Ethereal Knives. Can be good for Blade Vortex, we'll have to wait and see.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 27, 2015, 12:47:20 PM
Sorry, meant spell AoE. Phone autocorrect; super helpful.

And blast. I was having delusions of extending the duration of each blade with a temporal chains self-curse.
"
cuchio wrote:
"
Catharsis wrote:
I believe self cast might end up being better than CoC Cyclone, here's why.

And you might be wrong. I don't now how often this skill makes a damage tick to the enemy, but let's assume it's 1/s for each blade. With CoC you can have a lot of those blades. Let's assume you can cast 5/s with CoC. With the baseduration of 5s you'll have 25blades all time.
A 6% base crit chance is high and means in a CoC setup you'll crit often.
Now think what happens in a Voll's with discharge...

Up to 25 ADDITIONAL POWERCHARGES per second per enemy. They will increase your crit chance and thus you'll discharge/create blade vortex more often and your discharge deals more damage...

I'm assuming there's gonna be a hard cap that doesn't allow you to actually get a blade per crit per enemy by making it a maximum of 5 blades per second or whatever, otherwise it would outpower self cast tenfold by allowing you to spawn 50 blades in a couple of seconds on almost any pack.
If you're right and there isn't, CoC is gonna be pretty hilarious with this spell.
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Nov 27, 2015, 1:28:51 PM
"
Catharsis wrote:

I'm assuming there's gonna be a hard cap that doesn't allow you to actually get a blade per crit per enemy by making it a maximum of 5 blades per second or whatever, otherwise it would outpower self cast tenfold by allowing you to spawn 50 blades in a couple of seconds on almost any pack.
If you're right and there isn't, CoC is gonna be pretty hilarious with this spell.

I'm pretty sure there will not be such a cap. I think it's comparable to Summon Raging Spirit with a max cap, but no cap for how often it can be cast.
Btw. i have used SRS to know how often i can cast with CoC. I've got around 20 SRS at maximum with GMP-Barrage CoC with 2.17 APS. I might even get more, but i have tested it in docks and the mobs just keep dying just from Barrage so i can't consistently hit them. Also Spirits keep dying as well, because they get killed by mobs.
SRS has only a duration of 3.5s and thus i could have ~29 blades up. On the other hand it might be lower because with discharge i don't have always max powercharges and thus i would not crit so often...
Would that amount be op by it's own? No i don't think so. With Pledge of Hands and enough cast speed you can get the same amount of SRS and thus blades as well.

The Question remaing is: "How the damage ticks". It might not dependent on the amount of blades. It could also be like one tick every 200ms and the amount of blades only increase the damage.
If the hit amount scales with the amount of blades you can get alot of hits and that is what might make it op in Voll's with discharge. To be honest i'm using CoC-GMP-Barrage with discharge and Ball Lightning for the same reason at the moment. But one Ball Lighting only hits ~3times every target(not sure for the exact number, because i've counted it in only a few tests) on its way and has a base crit of 5%. Blade Vortex might be better for this by alot...

Last edited by cuchio on Nov 27, 2015, 11:40:08 PM
This episode in "Schrödinger's Skill Development - Green Pineapples"...

"Look at how green and pineapplely it is,
and when it's done it might be a yellow strawberry,
or maybe not!

Cya next time kids!"
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Woah, that looks pretty Awesome! Looking forward to ge my hands on that skill
From Hunter and Gatherer,
to Role-Playing Games
"
cuchio wrote:
"
Catharsis wrote:

I'm pretty sure there will not be such a cap. I think it's comparable to Summon Raging Spirit with a max cap, but no cap for how often it can be cast.
Btw. i have used SRS to know how often i can cast with CoC. I've got around 20 SRS at maximum with GMP-Barrage CoC with 2.17 APS. I might even get more, but i have tested it in docks and the mobs just keep dying just from Barrage so i can't consistently hit them. Also Spirits keep dying as well, because they get killed by mobs.
SRS has only a duration of 3.5s and thus i could have ~29 blades up. On the other hand it might be lower because with discharge i don't have always max powercharges and thus i would not crit so often...
Would that amount be op by it's own? No i don't think so. With Pledge of Hands and enough cast speed you can get the same amount of SRS and thus blades as well.

The Question remaing is: "How the damage ticks". It might not dependent on the amount of blades. It could also be like one tick every 200ms and the amount of blades only increase the damage.
If the hit amount scales with the amount of blades you can get alot of hits and that is what might make it op in Voll's with discharge. To be honest i'm using CoC-GMP-Barrage with discharge and Ball Lightning for the same reason at the moment. But one Ball Lighting only hits ~3times every target(not sure for the exact number, because i've counted it in only a few tests) on its way and has a base crit of 5%. Blade Vortex might be better for this by alot...

A little bit offtopic: my SrS summoner, with moderate gear, ~ lvl 90 and max duration in skilltree, inc duration support not taken, manages around 20 SrS without vaal haste selfcast, with vaal haste it jumps to around 25.

A CoC ST'er (yeah not a cycloner, no way to test it right now) i can reach the cap of 50 SrS, without duration nodes in a moderate large group, if they live long enough or if there is a vaal totem you can easily keep the 50 SrS up the whole time. With cyclone in a group of more than 5 monsters its easy to imagine that you can reach easily 30 blades, if not more without duration nodes ( i am aware that ST is kinda extreme since each hit is slighty delayed and therefore does not trigger as many times the spell in the same frame).

Someone knows how the damage is done through cyclone? is it also like a radar, or more like a 360° pulse based on attackspeed? would be important to know since a pulse would hit all enemies at once and therefore many spells would be lost since CoC got a small internal CD.
What I'm most interested in is if the blade hit rate will be affected by cast speed, if it's not, then there it will be a hard sell for self cast since you don't lose 2 gems to coc (echo+fc) and you get more blades on anything except single target.
IGN: HarroHarbinger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info