Skill Development - Blade Vortex

Dont know if it has been said but this could make some nasty totems. more increases to cast speed etc..
"
The skill also increases in radius as the gem is leveled, as part of an initiative to have players not need to focus as heavily on Area of Effect passives in the tree.

-_- so your saying I am going to be aiming for every aoe node? got it.
Very intresting
"
Catharsis wrote:
I believe self cast might end up being better than CoC Cyclone, here's why.

Moving + attacking as opposed to standing and casting? Not really.
With most CoC builds you end up spending a couple of seconds on blue packs/rares and naturally bosses, this would be the time to manually cast more blades while the existing blades take care of said mobs, with a maximal uptime of 13 seconds (Duration nodes + 20/20 duration gem), there's really no need to stop and cast on every pack, this essentially turns the skill into an adjustable damage cyclone for general mapping.
This assuming it has decent enough base damage to clear trash by running through it with a few blades on.

One glaring downside for auto-cast is trigger fights like Dominus/Atziri.
With self cast you can have blades already spinning when you start the encounter, with auto-cast you have zero, a quick way to get yourself killed when using leech as a primary defense.
One other downside with auto-cast is not utilizing the very quick base cast time of 0.5.

Damage wise auto-cast doesn't seem that great either, there's no benefit to quick charge generation like with discharge, and there's no benefit from dual spell EE, the only legitimate benefits I see are some stun protection and abusing Surgeon flasks.

TL;DR

CoC benefits: Surgeon Flasks, Stun immunity during cyclones.
Self-Cast benefits: 0.5 cast time (Assuming it's for the cast), trigger fights.

I welcome criticism of my line of thinking.

My thinking exactly. I'll be rolling self cast Vortex on the 11th. Goddamn, hype is so strong right now my heart can barely take it.
IGN : Jovial
So is it classified as a spell like EK?

Can you post a link to the gem?
"
Clean wrote:
So is it classified as a spell like EK?

Can you post a link to the gem?

you can find the gem here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1478438

Its tagged as Spell, Aoe, Duration
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Was gonna do staff cold snap but I think you just changed my mind.
Really cool.

Makes me wanna do a CoC char when all this goes live.
But then again, contaigon is also something i want to try.
Maybe i can combine these things somehow...

So much to decide on....
Reminds me of the drood's hurricane yes
just beautiful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info