Make remove-only tabs temporary - fixes several problems

The core issue is that stash tabs are over priced, like most things in the MTX shop.

If someone spends $50 USD on stash space they should not run out of space. i.e. if someone spends the equivalent of the full retail price of a newly released AAA title that gives them full offline access to the game for infinity time, it just seems kind of greedy for GGG to start deleting remove only tabs belonging to those supporters. It's a trivial amount of data storage.

Heck I'm currently waiting a few years after release to buy GOTY/DLC-inclusive editions of AAA games for under $10. I've given GGG many times that amount of money and the value proposition is just not there for further expense, especially when you can make additional mule accounts for free.

If GGG wants to encourage more stash tab sales they can:
1. offer very large bundle discounts
2. offer discounts for players who have previously purchased stash tabs
3. offer discounts for players who have above a threshold of remove only tabs
4. reduce the base price
5. let newly purchased tabs ignore remove only tabs, rather than convert them
6. offer an olive branch by increasing the default number of tabs, to account for all of the stash hogging additions, like div cards
7. create special tabs for alt art / rewards (only alt art/rewards can be added/removed, so instead of having 50 race reward prize tabs we'll have ... 4).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Reinhart wrote:
I dont see anything wrong with this proposal. If you give everyone notice that their remove only tabs will be permanently deleted in let say 6 months, it will actually encourage people to deal with their permanent stashes. Those remove only tabs are not meant to be used as permanent storage to keep or sell your items.
Why do you want to force people to "deal with their permanent stashes"?

And where did GGG say you aren't supposed to keep stuff in remove only tabs indefinitely? I've only seen players say that.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Vhlad wrote:
The core issue is that stash tabs are over priced, like most things in the MTX shop.

If someone spends $50 USD on stash space they should not run out of space. i.e. if someone spends the equivalent of the full retail price of a newly released AAA title that gives them full offline access to the game for infinity time, it just seems kind of greedy for GGG to start deleting remove only tabs belonging to those supporters. It's a trivial amount of data storage.

Heck I'm currently waiting a few years after release to buy GOTY/DLC-inclusive editions of AAA games for under $10. I've given GGG many times that amount of money and the value proposition is just not there for further expense, especially when you can make additional mule accounts for free.

If GGG wants to encourage more stash tab sales they can:
4. reduce the base price
6. offer an olive branch by increasing the default number of tabs, to account for all of the stash hogging additions, like div cards
7. create special tabs for alt art / rewards (only alt art/rewards can be added/removed, so instead of having 50 race reward prize tabs we'll have ... 4).

8. Add options to buy stash tabs for others, Christmas is near, someone might have his / her birthday soon, to support your guild members or just because you want to do something good for someone else.
"

They are priced high for 2 reasons, 1 because they know lots of players won't buy them regardless of them costing 10 or 7.50.

Secondly because they want to sell the supporter packs, which give you points in addition to other benefits.

I'm currently sitting on 2k points without wanting to buy like anything, Ive got like 80 stash tabs and in standard thats enough to store\organize my stuff quite nicely.

"
If someone spends $50 USD on stash space they should not run out of space.

Depends on how much you horde, even a game like D3 which was more on release only provides you with a limited amount of stash space. Granted they are increasing it a little in the next major patch, its still not nearly what you can get even from just a poe stash tab bundle.

"
i.e. if someone spends the equivalent of the full retail price of a newly released AAA title that gives them full offline access to the game for infinity time, it just seems kind of greedy for GGG to start deleting remove only tabs belonging to those supporters.

Don't worry they aren't going to delete remove only tabs, OP's idea simply put is terrible.

"

The usual 4-6 week rotation of stash tab bundle sales are a good deal IMO. Black friday last year obviously is the best.

"

These are both fine.

"
4. reduce the base price

Not really worth it, its something people will buy and having them cheaper just competes with themselves.

"

Even being able to choose which tab gets converted would be a huge improvement.

"

Give +1 more stash tab.

"

They are labeled by event which is kinda nice. IMO being able to filter your stash tabs by type or various things would be a huge improvement. Being able to folder things would be an improvement. Sell folders. Double stack the stash tabs.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
That suggestion would screw over those who only have 4 tabs.

A big no.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:

The usual 4-6 week rotation of stash tab bundle sales are a good deal IMO. Black friday last year obviously is the best.

Naw, I mean like, instead of a 6 tab bundle, they should sell a 30 tab bundle (at an even greater discount).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
re OP:
Spoiler
[/quote]
"
Shajirr wrote:
My suggestion is making remove-only tabs which are created due to the leagues merging temporary.

After the passing of one month, the tab auto-deletes itself with all of its content.
Prior to deletion there could be several notifications sent through email, forum and ingame pms.

Exception to this rule are the tabs which are created from obtaining race rewards - those stay permanent.

This fixes a variety of problems:

a) Having a lot of remove-only tabs discourages people from purchasing new tabs, because people do so to increase inventory space, but if you have remove-only tabs then the new ones will just replace remove-only tabs, without giving any additional space.
This is probably the most important point, since potential tab sales are lost due to this problem.
b) It takes way too much time to clean up your stash if you have hundreds of remove-only tabs, so most people don't bother. With temporary tabs, you can just pick and relocate the most valuable items, and the excessive tabs will just auto-delete themselves with all the garbage loot, cleaning your inventory.
c) Temporary tabs enforce people to actually sort their inventory. Most people don't do that in standard, during multiple leagues, and then complain about having too much stuff to sort through. With temporary tabs the problem solves itself - either you sort your items or you lose them.

"
kcstar wrote:
^ ... what do these people do when they use other online services?
"unlimited time" isn't a feature you find everywhere... and how many people are exactly at the end of a temp league have to go off for several month?
The limit don't have to be "1 month" or less... but if someone can't get his stuff sorted in 3/6 month... sry, that are real exceptions and yeah THEY will suffer.

So, if I have this correctly - Group A people who are too lazy to sort their inventory tabs want a solution that will punish Group B for being too lazy to sort their inventory tabs?

Being willing to make another person suffer for your own benefit is a terrible sentiment.

A simple solution has been proposed before in this forum for this issue, and it doesn't harm anyone.

Allow players to delete their own temporary tabs. Someone who only wants to keep a few items, can move those and then delete the tab. Someone who wants to take their time sorting stuff, can do so.

To prevent accidental disasters, when the player clicks on Delete tab, there should be a temporary delay before the confirm dialogue comes up "Do you really want to delete this tab".
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Nov 25, 2015, 6:16:57 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Get your quotes right, I haven't said that!
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Last edited by kcstar on Nov 24, 2015, 3:59:41 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
I dont see anything wrong with this proposal. If you give everyone notice that their remove only tabs will be permanently deleted in let say 6 months, it will actually encourage people to deal with their permanent stashes. Those remove only tabs are not meant to be used as permanent storage to keep or sell your items.
Why do you want to force people to "deal with their permanent stashes"?

And where did GGG say you aren't supposed to keep stuff in remove only tabs indefinitely? I've only seen players say that.

I dont want to force anything. Just dont mind the possible introduction of the proposal or the current status quo.

Guess we can all be happy that we even have these remove only tabs.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
I dont want to force anything. Just dont mind the possible introduction of the proposal or the current status quo.

Guess we can all be happy that we even have these remove only tabs.

THIS!
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info