Make remove-only tabs temporary - fixes several problems

A great example of what permanent remove-only stash tabs lead to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh4IfVRs6io
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"
Shajirr wrote:
A great example of what permanent remove-only stash tabs lead to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh4IfVRs6io

uhh, yeah. Non expiring remove-only tabs don't lead to that, at least not in isolation. It's an extreme example of extensive temp league and race participation + extreme laziness/indifference/disorganization (or simply a reaction to the very poor stash UI).

And really, disconnect/crash bugs would be a poor excuse to make remove only tabs temporary. Those bugs would still be a problem if someone bought a sufficient number of tabs.

For QOL, the best solution would be for GGG to fix the bugs and implement more robust stash organization tools, like folders. All of the stash tabs from one league should be grouped into 1 folder (or at least grouped together), instead of crazily spaced out across all your normal tabs. All race/event rewards should be in 1 folder as well.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Dec 1, 2015, 5:26:34 PM
+180 to this idea

(that's probaby my standard's read only tab amount after several leagues dumped into them)

without any incentive i would never touch them to sort them out and i think i'm not the only guy with a hoarder syndrome. additionally i always get kicked when i try to sort the stash, i thought the game is telling me not to.

my only hope always has been that ggg comes up with a system equal to the horadric cube for rare items but darkshrines probably won't make it to the permanent leagues (at least not with their most rewarding effects).

so ...

a painful end is always better than endless pain (old german saying)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Dec 1, 2015, 5:58:00 PM
GGG thus far has not punished players for choosing to play the game for free. What happens when you only have 4 stash tabs in the perm leagues that are already full? Everything I worked hard for during a temp league will now have to be forcefully sold or deleted. What you are suggesting makes the game very unappealing for anyone with only 4 stash tabs.

PoE is easily my favourite game, but I'd quit and never look back if your idea was implemented. So would a lot of other players...

+1 to the "delete tab" idea though!
They needed to do this after the very first league. It's too late now. It's sad because:

1) GGG make their money from stash tabs
2) A subset of people used remove only tabs to store stuff (not just because they haven't gone around to sorting them)
3) Enough items have been hoarded where people might not actually be able to afford tabs for them, causing items to be deleted
4) If you delete people's items, the backlash will be extraordinary.
"
Vhlad wrote:

For QOL, the best solution would be for GGG to fix the bugs and implement more robust stash organization tools, like folders.

Sorry, but no.

If GGG implements folders without making permanent stash tabs temporary, this would be a horrible idea, no one will EVER clean any tabs. Ever. I mean why would you? Just toss them into a folder and be done with it, never mind that you have like 1k+ tabs already while you only paid for 30.
"
Barivius wrote:
They needed to do this after the very first league. It's too late now. It's sad because:

1) GGG make their money from stash tabs
2) A subset of people used remove only tabs to store stuff (not just because they haven't gone around to sorting them)
3) Enough items have been hoarded where people might not actually be able to afford tabs for them, causing items to be deleted
4) If you delete people's items, the backlash will be extraordinary.

Well, some things can be done. For already existing tabs, give a much larger expiry period, like 6 months. For new ones give a shorter one.

"

Rather poor excuse to keep abusing the tabs system. Generally, most of the items hoarded are not that valuable. Really valuable ones can, and should have been, already identified, removed, and either sold or put on a permanent tab. The rest of the stuff is not worth the effort to sell, so either vendoring or just deleting would be better than keeping the items that you will never, ever use.

Also about selling items - not having enough time for it is not an excuse.
If you put a competitive price, most stuff will be sold in several hours/days.
Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 2, 2015, 6:14:02 AM
Sorry OP but your "solution" causes much more problems then it solves, not sure why your focus is so hard on this when there are so many more important topics.

The correct way to "fix" the problem is make stash tabs QOL improvements. You simply CANNOT do what you are suggesting and still keep the the precedent that GGG has set regarding playing in temp leagues or racing.

So race rewards are exempt from your "solution" but they are the "worst" in regards to organizing stash tabs as they don't always appear at the end of the stash, they typically start at the beginning.

People ignore messages from games, watch almost any poe streamer and they ignore forum PMs and as far as I know GGG doesn't have a system to selectively message players in game with an automated message, they have their weekend sale spam, but that doesn't address specific messages targeted at players that may not even have remove only tabs.

People take breaks when playing this game, putting people on a timetable to remove items for no other reason then to encourage players to remove their items is just asinine. Especially when the current situation is deal with it when and if you want.

I don't know why you care so much what other people do with their stashes, this request literally doesn't make sense. Time spent working on this idea is better put into qol features to make organizing stash tabs worthwhile or IMPROVE the ability to filter out stash tabs so either they can delete all items in specific tabs.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
People ignore messages from games, watch almost any poe streamer and they ignore forum PMs and as far as I know GGG doesn't have a system to selectively message players in game with an automated message, they have their weekend sale spam, but that doesn't address specific messages targeted at players that may not even have remove only tabs.

Important stuff should always be at the login. And a simple check if any ro-tab is running out of time soon and a popup or a simple message while you login with a notice and everything is fine.
The first time I had to retype my password because of the "new ip" and "enter code" popups appeared were very visible to me. Don't know how someone could ignore such popups at login... but yeah, if someone is the type of person that misses important stuff like warnings (doesn't matter if it's a popup at logins or a stop shield at a street) ... he or she suffers... eventually :)

PS: This is no pro/con for temp ro-tabs but if someone is to stupid/lazy/blind to read important messages ... bad luck :D
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
kcstar wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Important stuff should always be at the login. And a simple check if any ro-tab is running out of time soon and a popup or a simple message while you login with a notice and everything is fine.
The first time I had to retype my password because of the "new ip" and "enter code" popups appeared were very visible to me. Don't know how someone could ignore such popups at login... but yeah, if someone is the type of person that misses important stuff like warnings (doesn't matter if it's a popup at logins or a stop shield at a street) ... he or she suffers... eventually :)

PS: This is no pro/con for temp ro-tabs but if someone is to stupid/lazy/blind to read important messages ... bad luck :D

Do we really want the important message popup to be used for things like "hey your stuff is about to be deleted how about you remove it" instead of something more pressing?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info