RMT spammers in chat

"
cronus wrote:
"
FULL_SYNTEC wrote:
they are selling exalted orbs.....where they come from?

recommended practice to have second accounts to sell stuff. you run a separate client in a vm on your second screen and don't have to leave your map to trade...

I thought multiboxing was a banable offence.
"
Shinare wrote:
I was "Implementer" on a MUD for a while back in the 90's and we combated this by making users attain level 10 before global chats were open to them. If you were under level 10 and tried to enter chat you were greeted with the sentence "You are to young to go shouting about. (You need to be level 10 to use this feature.)"

I think that would help quite a bit here as well. And level 10 can be attained in this game in a matter of minutes if you are a real player.

Seems the mechanism is already in place in POE. I went back and did a /whois on all my new spammer friends and found they were all level 2. Mostly witches and a couple shadows for whatever that's worth. Point is, they already have to get level 2 so it should be nothing for GGG to adjust that to 25 or something instead.

"
Shinare wrote:
I thought multiboxing was a banable offence.

It's allowed as long as each character is controlled separately.

Had an interesting and unexpected twist today. After I added my favorite spammer to my friend list, he asked me something. I don't remember what he said, just a one word question but I never replied. So apparently not so much of a bot as a copy/paste human being spammer.

Come on, let's make him play to level 25 before he can spam the main channels, whattaya say??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info