PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

RMT spammers in chat

I must have reported and ignored 10 spammers this weekend. Very annoying. All with random keystroke named throwaway characters. Couldn't we have access to the main channels unlocked by an achievement? Maybe the first time you talk to Eramir unlocks "Chatty" achievement or something along those lines. Establish a newbie channel and make it auto-joining for the real newbies.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Take a screen shot and send it to support
"
j33bus wrote:
Take a screen shot and send it to support

Is the in-game report fn inadequate?

BTW: How sophisticated are the monetizers? Has anyone tried to profile the source of the problem? They've left plenty of footprints, I assume. How are they structured? What tricks do they use to hide their identities?

Their concern isn't advertising accounts getting banned (that's to be expected); their concern is losing their merchandise. So there must be intermediaries. Which means a network of transactions or guild affiliations.

I have a suggestion: a player-network analysis tool, to see who shares a guild stash, and a player-transaction tracker.
Combined, those two things should give you a leg up. You don't even need an algorithm to identify phishy behavior.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
You don't need to send us a screenshot (although you can if you want to), as we are usually very fast at getting them out of chat. As Dan mentioned in this thread:

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
If you report them to support they can be destroyed quickly and very thoroughly.

Yeah, that would be support getting to them, not them running away. Player reports do improve that response time though.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
You also don't need to ignore them. They aren't going to continue talking after we've banned them, so you just fill up your ignore list.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Thanks for the tip on not needing to ignore them.

I've been faithfully reporting several a day and I appreciate GGG's efforts on shutting these guys down but wouldn't it help a ton to put a bit of a hurdle in the spammers way?

Looks like they just make an account, spam it up, get banned and repeat as fast as possible right now. Make them play for an hour or two before chatting and I bet the traffic would be WAY down. Would save GGG a bunch of time responding to spam reports too.
"
You don't need to send us a screenshot (although you can if you want to), as we are usually very fast at getting them out of chat. As Dan mentioned in this thread:

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
If you report them to support they can be destroyed quickly and very thoroughly.

Yeah, that would be support getting to them, not them running away. Player reports do improve that response time though.
Could you please set up autoban script for anyone creating a party in act1normal with "buy<well, shinies>.com" in it. Srsly, every time I'm in a1n it is there in the party list. What's the point of reporting them if they seem to have hundreds of spare accounts.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
You also don't need to ignore them. They aren't going to continue talking after we've banned them, so you just fill up your ignore list.

And then they'll just make a new account and spam away until they get banned. Rinse and repeat.

It is currently detrimental for a player to report these RMT spammers in global chat. Once reported, they just get banned and make a new account that a player has to report and/or ignore, so why would anyone bother reporting them at all? You can just skip reporting and only ignore them; the bots won't have any obvious cues on getting ignored, so there's no apparent need for them to bring up a new bot to the global chat. The old one will keep spamming but everyone's ignored it so it's like it doesn't exist anymore.

If you don't upgrade the system somehow, more and more players will realize how useless it is to report these bots and simply start ignoring them.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Maybe that is why the ignore list is limited? :P

Something I have never understood, btw.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Better idea is to have chat zones.

1-20 - ppl hear only 1-20 spam
21-40 - ppl hear only 1-40 spam
41 + ppl hear all spam

Problem fixed. You get to lvl 40 in one hour. And on start of new leagues everyone has almost equal lvls to begin with.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info