RANGER ASCENSION SUB-CLASSES

"
Ceryneian wrote:
Max frenzy charges is now 11 I believe.
Only with Darkrey Vectors +1.
yup max is 11, which is awesome. one of my builds will have 10 for sure (blood dance boots for regen instead of vectors).

also im totally going to resurrect my HoA overkill burn dmg focused build this new patch, adding in frenzy charges (didn't use it when they were buffed), as well as the buffed chin sol (more physical damage), the raider tree, and everything.

i was going to use RoA but pierce isn't even recognized on RoA at all, so i'll just go with the higher base damage burning arrow. this way pierce will add both damage (drillneck) and crit chance when spec'd into powerful precision.

off the top of my head, i'll be looking at 2x curse, elemental weakness and flammability (good for initial hit damage and burn dmg from HoA overkill) used as auras, HoA with inc burn dmg, ele prolif, and HOPEFULLY rapid decay works with it. no other auras necessary.
chin sol, point blank, upwards of 40% crit chance without power charges, 8 frenzy, and a crap ton of scaling damage.

remember what makes this build option so strong is that herald of ash scales with +damage, +aoe dmg, +dot dmg, +fire dmg, +burn dmg. it also scales just like crit. i'll have +336% damage from all mentioned sources, meaning my 137% overkill burn damage from HoA turns into a crazy ass 597% overkill burn damage.
i'll probably be doing upwards of 280k overkill damage with a crit, meaning burn will be around 2.2 million DPS if rapid decay only cancels out proliferations less damage, and without factoring in shock/lowered resistances, but including the MORE damage from frenzy charges.

also i've already run this build for months on previous patches, so i know exactly how it works, and my math is actually accurate. i was getting probably between 1-1.5 million burn dps from HoA previously, but it will be seriously raised this coming patch.

im so frickin stoked

edit: oops i miscalculated. i forgot to add the more damage from frenzy charges to the initial hit. that should raise the max overkill damage to around 390k, meaning burn damage will be around 3 million per second. thats another amazing thing about this type of build, is the damage boosts are double dipped. double dip into negative resistances, frenzy charges boost, etc. one for initial hit which determines the burn damage, and the other for the burn damage.
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 25, 2015, 12:00:55 PM
That's a pretty nice build. The move speed should help with point blank survivability, but the DPS will be pretty insane so you probably will be just running through to the next pack lol.

I really want to know how Onslaught Avatar's "more" EV chance interacts with Blind - I'm not sure if they are simply additive, or if they stack and affect different sides of the equation:

Attacker's Hit Chance = 1 - Defender's Evade Chance

But based on Mark's response to this old thread here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/505813

It looks like the Blind calculation is done first, and then the "more" EV chance is calculated after.

Would be nice to have more reliable ways for Rangers to get Blind without having to use BoR or the Blind gem. Smoke Mine is sucks to use.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 25, 2015, 2:10:21 PM
Called it. Flasks
insane. i got my build planned the fuck out. gonna be incredible! lol

man i hope they don't change anything about that ascendancy tree. everybody start buying up cheap unique flasks because they will get popular

PS you did absolutely call it! haha good job
Last edited by xMustard on Jan 29, 2016, 1:30:37 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
dude, that gladiator for duelist is insane. 100% block chance applied to spells? holy fricking shit.

deadeye looks pretty badass to me. some really good specs. additional arrow? skill chain? sadly it looks as though it will all benefit caustic arrow more than anything, depending on how that gets changed. but if it continues to scale with projectile damage, ya i can see that getting crazy with far shot and endless munitions

what i dislike about these frickin sub-classes in general is it really limits builds. i was planning on respec'ing one of my rangers into a regen whore RF user with blade vortex/EK casting. but the sub-classes will not at all benefit this.
except deadeye class could be used with EK. EK doesn't state in character sheet that it has a 100% pierce chance but you can still add pierce chance and its a projectile, meaning it should benefit from the added crit chance from deadeye tree. could be real easy to spec out a crit EK ranger.
i'll have to look into this further.

otherwise i don't see the point to making my planned character from ranger anymore. i love ranger tho. the starting tree is still extremely powerful, but at this rate i might as well go with duelist and grab up the block specs since i'd be using a rise of the phoenix.

it just seems really dumb to me how they'd take almost unlimited possibilities from every class then decide to limit them.

those 100 % spell block count from block
if you got max block 75 % 100 % is 75% spellblock
i think
"
volish2k wrote:
those 100 % spell block count from block
if you got max block 75 % 100 % is 75% spellblock
i think

yes exactly. its 100% block chance applied to spells. just like rathpith globe and stone of lazwhar, except its 100% with 4 passives and not two unique item slots. that is extremely strong for anybody getting an ounce of block because spell mitigation is hard to come by.

in late game physical damage will not likely kill you or even be an issue to you. spell damage is the real killer for most builds on most maps (except maybe village ruin now). getting spell mitigation can ONLY be done with HP buffer including ES, maxed resistances, and spell dodge or spell block.

the only way to get spell block is via block. the only way to get spell dodge other than atziri steps is through dodge, acrobatics, which also negates a lot of block, armour, and ES.

to maximize spell block just by getting regular block is VERY enticing. very very powerful. thing is, now, other ascendancy classes have demonstrated equal amounts of power.

the only issue thats left in my mind is how GGG is going to counter the amount of power they're giving us both offensively and defensively. the only logical thing that comes to my mind is to make everything harder, meaning its a possibility that one shots become much more prominent.

if one shots exist throughout more than a fraction of the game, the name of the game will become damage avoidance rather than mitigation. this means evasion, dodge, block will become much more reliable than mitigation like armour, damage reduction, etc.
Third Ranger class is indeed a flasks class called Pathfinder.

And her key 4 point passive?

+30% life regen from flasks
Remove bleeding on any flask use
SURGEON'S MOD ON ALL FLASKS.

Which means: surgeon's taste of hate. Surgeon's vinktar. Surgeon's Rumi's. Surgeon's Diamond. And leave one last flask for a seething divine.

Oh, and the prerequisite level 1 notable to the surgeon's? +15% increased attack speed/+20% move.

Other 2 pointers:

An epic poison node while using flasks, flasks recharge a charge every 3 seconds, or +10% phys gained as random element/10% elemental pierce.

Pathfinder is indeed the marquee class unless you have a REALLY amazing frenzy build for avatar of frenzy.
Agreed. If you can somehow build a Pathfinder that still gets the Witch Alchemist nodes that would be pretty sick - would probably need to be a Ranger wander or Ranger Bladefall/BladeVortex.

It's a pity you can't get both Master Surgeon and Master Alchemist. Master Alchemist is nice to have for any flask to remove status ailments as you will no longer have to carry a separate grounding flask to remove shock from Vessel of Vinktar.

If you are using Retch you now get free 30% movement speed when using a flask with Nature's Adrenalin.

Mustard with your kind of build and how much you leech instantly with VofV you probably won't even need to carry any life flasks.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Mustard with your kind of build and how much you leech instantly with VofV you probably won't even need to carry any life flasks.

i might not. im thinking about it and i will test it. since i'll gain so many charges with having surgeon's and poacher's mark AND druidic rite, my flasks should always be available. against solo bosses where i can't regain charges i'll still have 11s of pure flask usage, which should be plenty of time to kill whatever im up against with my proposed DPS. or at least enough time to gain another usage from surgeon's, especially if i replace an HP pot with a diamond flask.

going to see if i can roll a diamond flask with perpetual dousing so i can turn RF off whenever i want and keep the charges rolling in against solo targets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info