Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

"
Soul22 wrote:
Edit: And how can you compare POE and D3 ... D3 billions of possibilities ? Joke , people are just playing the best set of her class and why ? bacause they have to minmax to be able to reach hight rift lvl. It's just an other game at all. Bye

Show me Duelist necromancer that was not minmaxed clearing Uber Atziri and I'll be proven wrong.
"
kreca74 wrote:
basic math men
-unlocked: 19 ascension options to each of the 7 chars = 133 possibilities based on ascensions alone
-locked: 3 ascension options to 6 chars + 1 to scion = 19 possibilities based on ascensions alone

there's not even a comparison; not fkin even ...

Yeah mate good idea, better yet let's kill the tree off and just let people write what they want. Imagine how diverse it'll be!

:O
way of the poacher + avatar of onslaught + flicker strike

HYPPEUUUU
"
ihasmario wrote:
"
kreca74 wrote:
basic math men
-unlocked: 19 ascension options to each of the 7 chars = 133 possibilities based on ascensions alone
-locked: 3 ascension options to 6 chars + 1 to scion = 19 possibilities based on ascensions alone

there's not even a comparison; not fkin even ...

Yeah mate good idea, better yet let's kill the tree off and just let people write what they want. Imagine how diverse it'll be!

:O

that's a straw-man but would be perfectly viable in single player since no one would care about balance. ever heard of mine-craft?; PoE based minecraft would be forthewin!.

if your persona feels limited by choice/imagination then this is not about the game but about you. if you feel overwhelmed when having to weigh between multiple choices/options and you'd prefer having others limit those choices for you, then that's a flaw/characteristic of your personality.
you, wanting the game to cater to your needs has nothing to do with options being more/less, it has to do with options being better/worse.
more options are better for me, less options are better for you. objectively speaking, i am not restricting you but you are restricting me just because you can't handle making those choices.

Edit: on a personal level, i'd even argue that you hate when people do/come up with an original build, thinking that with more limitations, that would never have happened!.
you want people to be more of the same because you're frightened by the availability of choice.
Last edited by kreca73 on Nov 23, 2015, 6:05:04 AM
"
kreca73 wrote:

that's a straw-man but would be perfectly viable in single player since no one would care about balance. ever heard of mine-craft?; PoE based minecraft would be forthewin!.

if your persona feels limited by choice/imagination then this is not about the game but about you. if you feel overwhelmed when having to weigh between multiple choices/options and you'd prefer having others limit those choices for you, then that's a flaw/characteristic of your personality.
you, wanting the game to cater to your needs has nothing to do with options being more/less, it has to do with options being better/worse.
more options are better for me, less options are better for you. objectively speaking, i am not restricting you but you are restricting me just because you can't handle making those choices.

How come you then feel so limited by choices that game provides?

I look at the new expansion and see whole new set of possibilities. Yet you find yourself forced to be playing only certain class. Why is that?
"
laminarija wrote:
"
kreca73 wrote:

How come you then feel so limited by choices that game provides?

I look at the new expansion and see whole new set of possibilities. Yet you find yourself forced to be playing only certain class. Why is that?

you limit yourself when you compare 2.0.x with 0 classes vs 2.2 with 19 classes. you should compare 2.2 with 19 classes vs 2.2 with 133 classes and then it becomes obvious which one is better.
the argument is between 19 classes vs 133 classes not between 0(current "classes") vs 19 classes.
19 limits 133.

and fyi, you said you will be limited to witch and even gave an example for why is good to be limited to witch ...
Last edited by kreca73 on Nov 23, 2015, 6:16:46 AM
Traps on the ground... wow -.- Just another cheap method for making players lose exp ("fantastic" that half life pool gone for a single ground spike around the middle of the video) -.-
"
Wispo wrote:
Traps on the ground... wow -.- Just another cheap method for making players lose exp ("fantastic" that half life pool gone for a single ground spike around the middle of the video) -.-

a lot of melee gonna die in that labyrinth.

hey ggg are you gonna change Juggernaut class? its so bad... so bad really. and what about melee? did you see how OP and good crit node and how weak non crit and melee are? wheres new or buffed defense for melee to play that new labyrinth?
"
kreca73 wrote:
you limit yourself when you compare 2.0.x with 0 classes vs 2.2 with 19 classes. you should compare 2.2 with 19 classes vs 2.2 with 133 classes and then it becomes obvious which one is better.
the argument is between 19 classes vs 133 classes not between 0(current "classes") vs 19 classes.
19 limits 133.

and fyi, you said you will be limited to witch and even gave an example for why is good to be limited to witch ...

Oh! Right. What was I thinking. It's 19 vs 133. Hmm... I'm confused...
So if we only get 19 to already existing 0, it's ok. But if we could get 133 instead of 19 it would make it even better, because there will be more options? Is that what you're saying?

Edit: I never said that you'll be limited to Witch. Try reading it again.
Last edited by laminarija on Nov 23, 2015, 6:41:11 AM
"
laminarija wrote:
"
kreca73 wrote:
19 limits 133.

Oh! Right. What was I thinking. It's 19 vs 133. Hmm... I'm confused...
So if we only get 19 to already existing 0, it's ok. But if we could get 133 instead of 19 it would make it even better, because there will be more options? Is that what you're saying?

Edit: I never said that you'll be limited to Witch. Try reading it again.

133 to all chars is better than 3 to each char +1 to scion.
133 to all chars is limiting if you compare it with ... infinity, like that previous guy did doh(straw-man), but vs 6x3+1, besides giving people more options, it also has the advantage that it doesn't create fixed char identities.

if GGG creates char identities, they'll never be able to take them away; so if they do the 19 chars shenanigans, the other 133 base possibilities will be gone forever. they'll not be able to add them later.
Last edited by kreca73 on Nov 23, 2015, 7:41:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info