Expansion Announcement Tomorrow

"
Leodeus wrote:
What's the difference between an expansion and the rollout of the new skill gems.

My guess is the new skills come via an "upgrade" or "patch" and an "expansion" adds more game content (ie: zones, maps, etc)...?

Consider the last non-act expansions (ie not the awakening, as this was a major expansion): Sacrifice of the Vaal and Forsaken Masters. The first added new content and new end game and new 'gem concept', the second added a new dimension to the game. Compare this to the december talisman league (which despite being cool and should freshen up the meta) amounts to new gems, jewels, skills and re-worked skills. Quite a difference ;)
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Nov 20, 2015, 10:16:19 AM
Not hyped becouse expansion is at least 4 months away.. :(
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Can't wait to see what the next leg of the journey holds!
IGN: ArsonicSauce
Thanks for the quick answer - I just started playing about 5 months ago so I wasn't really sure about the differences between expansions and new leagues, updates, and such. Your answer helped.

"
Drakkon1 wrote:

Consider the last non-act expansions (ie not the awakening, as this was a major expansion): Sacrifice of the Vaal and Forsaken Masters. The first added new content and new end game and new 'gem concept', the second added a new dimension to the game. Compare this to the december talisman league (which despite being cool and should freshen up the meta) amounts to new gems, jewels, skills and re-worked skills. Quite a difference ;)
"
Alabamak wrote:
Not hyped becouse expansion is at least 4 months away.. :(

Yes, but part of the hype is "anticipating" the upcoming expansion.... As we already know 4 months flies by fast. I can't wait to read what's going to be announced.
Hopefully this will not be the PoE WoD .
R.I.P 4.B.
Cant wait GGG! You are the best!
About 2h20m left right?
2 hrs left.. hype train?
Outside of huge amounts of content being released all the time by the development team I have to ask what is the balancing team doing?
Last edited by Kenza on Nov 20, 2015, 1:17:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info