I wonder if I can create a new category for mathematics called "Transcendental Mathematics".

"
Bars wrote:
Argumentum ad experientia, unfortunately.

Your response is irrelevant to my post. My post does not revolve around your world. If you are looking to argue against my post, you would need to address my post directly. To correct me, you must first challenge me. You have two choices: A. Challenge my post. B. Move the goal post. If you choose A, you will learn quickly that my post is perfect and beyond this temporary mortal realm, but if you choose B, you have indeed opted for argumentum ad ignorantiam.
And She said forth unto the stars, "Love, High Priestess".
Love, High Priestess in English Gematria Equals: 1296
72 + 90 + 132 + 30 + 48 + 54 + 42 + 48 + 96 + 108 + 54 + 30 + 114 + 120 + 30 + 114 + 114 = 1296
L + o + v + e + H + i + g + h + P + r + i + e + s + t + e + s + s
G = 1296
Um, argumentum ad ignorantiam refers to the logical fallacy of saying something is true because it hasn't been proven false, or that it is false because it hasn't been proven true. Crackmonster's argument seemed to be mostly anecdotal, while Bars' seemed to be based off diagnostic criteria established by medical professionals. You could argue that anecdotal evidence isn't reliable, diagnosis is more complicated than a list of symptoms, or that the professionals of an industry are in some way incompetent and/or corrupt, but in no way is pointing to argumentum ad ignorantiam relevant to the discussion.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 17, 2015, 2:01:44 PM
I don't care about your post. I am concerned for your mental health. Since it's pointless to speak if you don't listen, I'll say no more.

@Scrotie: Thanks for the input. As usual, you are on point. However, I'm afraid it amounts to talking to a wall in this case.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 17, 2015, 2:06:07 PM
"
Bars wrote:
I don't care about your post.

This is argumentum ad ignorantiam.
And She said forth unto the stars, "Love, High Priestess".
Love, High Priestess in English Gematria Equals: 1296
72 + 90 + 132 + 30 + 48 + 54 + 42 + 48 + 96 + 108 + 54 + 30 + 114 + 120 + 30 + 114 + 114 = 1296
L + o + v + e + H + i + g + h + P + r + i + e + s + t + e + s + s
G = 1296
Last edited by End_Of_The_World_Is_2016 on Nov 17, 2015, 2:09:15 PM
"
"
Bars wrote:

Yes, it is. It's ok he must be really bored, this is his typical M.O.

Its ok bars, if he needs a shrink, you need a job.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
OK, I'll give it one last try. I will also assume everything you've written is serious, not elaborate trolling, which I can't be sure about.

You have experienced an insight, a mysterious and wonderful influx of information and emotion which is difficult to describe but perhaps may be called enlightenment. You have connected the dots, seen the invisible workings of the world, felt them at a deep and intuitive level which transcends normal understanding. It could even be described a religious experience. No one who hasn't felt it can even begin to comprehend what you've felt or what you know. They simply lack the intellectual capacity as your brain operates on a different level. However, you feel you have a mission - you should try to share this knowledge with others, as it is wonderful, and your efforts would be well worth it even if they only got a glimpse of it. Their problem is that they are blind and deaf and even the highly intelligent ones operate only at an intellectual level, and it is limited. They need to fuse intellect with intuition, logic with love, and perhaps they could then see the beauty and wonder of what you are seeing.

This is difficult. You don't begrudge our skepticism and reluctance to see the truth of what you're speaking. It's not our fault and, in the end, not everyone was meant to see it.

Does this sound true? Do you see the words of a kindred soul... or are you wondering if I forgot to drink my pills?
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 17, 2015, 2:25:49 PM
"
Bars wrote:
Spoiler
OK, I'll give it one last try. I will also assume everything you've written is serious, not elaborate trolling, which I can't be sure about.

You have experienced an insight, a mysterious and wonderful influx of information and emotion which is difficult to describe but perhaps may be called enlightenment. You have connected the dots, seen the invisible workings of the world, felt them at a deep and intuitive level which transcends normal understanding. It could even be described a religious experience. No one who hasn't felt it can even begin to comprehend what you've felt or what you know. They simply lack the intellectual capacity as your brain operates on a different level. However, you feel you have a mission - you should try to share this knowledge with others, as it is wonderful, and your efforts would be well worth it even if they only got a glimpse of it. Their problem is that they are blind and deaf and even the highly intelligent ones operate only at an intellectual level, and it is limited. They need to fuse intellect with intuition, logic with love, and perhaps they could then see the beauty and wonder of what you are seeing.

This is difficult. You don't begrudge our skepticism and reluctance to see the truth of what you're speaking. It's not our fault and, in the end, not everyone was meant to see it.

Does this sound true? Do you see the words of a kindred soul... or are you wondering if I forgot to drink my pills?

lol thanks for proving my point. That's some time to kill. TL:DR, sry bud
"
"
Bars wrote:

Unless you are seriously implying that Bars has not proven to himself whether he cares or not, and therefore Bars is incorrectly assuming that he does not care when perhaps he does.

No wait, that's actually worse.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 17, 2015, 2:39:30 PM
Give it up Bars, you're playing right in to his hands.

100% trolling and lives to fight. Evidence, facts, logic don't enter in to it. Just mindless babble and pointless boosting to lure the unsuspecting in.

Ignore and the beast will case away. Ego cannot survive in a vacuum.

Peace,

-Moon-

"
Moonyu wrote:

Ignore and the beast will case away.

Peace,

-Moon-

True, it worked the last go round, they all left for some other forum lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type