Whirling Blades Inspired Tattoo! (Completed!)

"
Alysma wrote:
Here's a Brutus tattoo. :-)

That thing is amazing, I saw it a few months ago. There are too few Path of Exile tattoos out there!
Well, if I went for a tattoo, I would personally choose something which is:

a) stylized and relatively simple
b) aesthetically pleasing

The divination distillate meets the requirements of point b), of point a) - a bit less. The Brutus tattoo is well done, but doesn't answer either a) or b).

That's just me, of course. The way I see it, a tattoo, something supposed to stay with you throughout your entire life, should have some broader symbolic meaning than just an association with a game, however much you happen to like that game. Will you still like it in 10 years? Or 20? Chances are, you probably won't. But if you can find a PoE-related image which somehow resonates with you on a deeper level, now that would be something. Following this logic, the keystone idea looks promising.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 16, 2015, 12:20:42 PM
"
Bars wrote:
Well, if I went for a tattoo, I would personally choose something which is:

a) stylized and relatively simple
b) aesthetically pleasing

The divination distillate meets the requirements of point b), of point a) - a bit less. The Brutus tattoo is well done, but doesn't answer either a) or b).

That's just me, of course. The way I see it, a tattoo, something supposed to stay with you throughout your entire life, should have some broader symbolic meaning than just an association with a game, however much you happen to like that game. Will you still like it in 10 years? Or 20? Chances are, you probably won't. But if you can find a PoE-related image which somehow resonates with you on a deeper level, now that would be something. Following this logic, the keystone idea looks promising.

That's exactly how I feel. I like simplistic things, and I feel like Whirling Blades fits that. Black silhouette with green blades and a dark aura around it. Thanks for the input buddy!
This is a super cool idea! Have you thought about getting the Whirling Blades skill gem?

Also, here's a crisp screenshot from the PoE wiki, although it's much smaller than your screenshot so may not be suitable:

If I was going to get a Path of Exile tattoo I'd probably get a Chaos Orb, or maybe an Alchemy Orb (those are my favourite, I'm not sure why).

EDIT: Or perhaps a Mirror of Kalandra with my Royal Red Frog in the middle of it...
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Last edited by Rachel on Nov 16, 2015, 11:45:46 PM
Not down with a PoE tattoo but I commend the dedication if you go through with it
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"

If I was going to get a Path of Exile tattoo I'd probably get a Chaos Orb, or maybe an Alchemy Orb (those are my favourite, I'm not sure why).

EDIT: Or perhaps a Mirror of Kalandra with my Royal Red Frog in the middle of it...

Rachel, please. If you go with a tattoo, the padlock is the obvious choice. Maybe a padlock with your Royal Red Frog in the middle of it :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 17, 2015, 3:57:47 AM
whirling blades is sufficiently abstract to not require excessively awkward explanation in 30 years.

That brutus.. wow.
"
This is a super cool idea! Have you thought about getting the Whirling Blades skill gem?

Also, here's a crisp screenshot from the PoE wiki, although it's much smaller than your screenshot so may not be suitable:

Thanks ^_^ I think so too. I've considered the skill gem, but I feel like the silhouette and skill effect (like in the skill icon) would look great on my arm, and is something I'll enjoy seeing and showing off for years to come.

And in response to other posts (sorry, was sleeping), to me tattoos are pieces of art you think are beautiful and/or cool that say something about who you are. I love video games, and Path of Exile made a huge impact on my life. I was stuck at home for a few years with very few people to talk to, and Path of Exile consumed most of my time. Grinding Gear Games is awesome, and so is Path. The areas, monsters, skills, and characters are awesome and well designed, and I'd be proud to rock a Whirling Blades tattoo. No deeper meaning or awkward explanation needed, I love the game and the design, and that's that :)
"
And in response to other posts (sorry, was sleeping), to me tattoos are pieces of art you think are beautiful and/or cool that say something about who you are. I love video games, and Path of Exile made a huge impact on my life. I was stuck at home for a few years with very few people to talk to, and Path of Exile consumed most of my time. Grinding Gear Games is awesome, and so is Path. The areas, monsters, skills, and characters are awesome and well designed, and I'd be proud to rock a Whirling Blades tattoo. No deeper meaning or awkward explanation needed, I love the game and the design, and that's that :)

+1 to Gaming tattoos! Definitely looking forward to see how it turns out :D

I'm considering adding the 'X' in 'Exile' with the Corrupted area aura surrounding the 'X' (red with black twists) to the collection on my arm.
"
Melissa_GGG wrote:
"

+1 to Gaming tattoos! Definitely looking forward to see how it turns out :D

I'm considering adding the 'X' in 'Exile' with the Corrupted area aura surrounding the 'X' (red with black twists) to the collection on my arm.

That would be pretty awesome :) Does anybody at GGG have PoE tattoos? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info