Letters from Chitus

I received one, I assume they are for high gate supporters. I was so confused as to why I got mail from New Zealand. It made my whole night.

-EDIT: By the way they look amazing, thick cardstock, it looks old. It's all in all a pleasant surprise.
Last edited by rhymescheme on Nov 16, 2015, 12:55:28 AM
Very nice piece of lore. Almost makes me wish for some official novels, instead of just primitive comic books. Although, judging by some of the replies in this thread, that would be a wasted effort on PoE player base.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
Audience_Cat wrote:
Can someone transcribe these for us poor-sighted people who can't read the loopy handwriting?
Also, meetup? What? Where?

If you click on the images they will take you to a larger version that can be zoomed up on for easier reading.
pretty amazing
The letters look really awesome, would hang them on a wall somewhere.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
SO the reason of this leters its to burn time till new patch starts it ?.
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
Please be an endless dungeon :3
Hype for friday is getting real!
Prob not gonna get the larger sup packs due to no black friday sale though.
༗ IGN: Warcry ༗
༗ Lvl 100s: #7 ༗
༗ Twitch.tv/WarcryLive ༗
༗ Velka's Ravens: 1772222 ༗
༗ Mirror Thread: 1832043 ༗ #1 ES Wander Opal Ring ༗ #1 Lab Runner Vanguard Belt ༗
LETTER TRANSCRIPTIONS

3rd Kaso of Vitali, 1316 I.C.
3rd Kaso of Vitali, 1316 I.C.

Uncle Cadiro,

While my father remains determined to play the role of Izaro's lapdog, I trust that you and I are of like mind regarding our 'glorious' Emperor's ridiculous Labyrinth. He would have us entrust our imperial leadership to the primitive diversion of some cave-dwelling ancestors. It is beyond reasoning. In fact, it can only be surmised that Izaro himself is also beyond reasoning.

On that matter, I suppose it should come as no suprirse. Phrecius blood has become polluted by decadence and incet. It is no secret. So perhaps it is a matter of good fortune that Izaro has not been able to sire an heir, for such a whelp would be undoubtedly dim or demented. Yes, such emperors are easy to control, but they can also be extremely dangerous, as the Empire learned all too well with Romira.

So in his own deluded wat, Izaro is right to look to fresh sources of blood to serve our Eternal Empire. Yet he looks in the wrong places. Perandus blood has served the throne proudly since Veruso first set his foot upon the soil of Sarn. Perandus gold has filled the imperial coffers. Perandus minds have crafted this Empire into the marvel it is today.

And has a single Perandus ever sat upon the imperial throne? No.

Izaro's plans are an insult to the Empire and an insult to us, its most devoted servants. Izaro spits upon our very blood and then offers up everything we have worked for to the first fortunate fool who syumbles through his little maze.

I will not stand by and allow Izaro to deliver us all unto damnation. I trust, dear uncle, that I can rely on your support.

Chitus

1st Lunaro of Verusi, 1317 I.C.
1st Lunaro of Verusi, 1317 I.C.

Uncle Cadiro,

Our Eternal Emperor Izaro might be insane but he's clearly not stupid. Or at the very least, he has had the presence of mind to surround himself with clever people. Three meticulously planned attempts on Izaro's life. Three astutely thwarted failures.

Of course, none of them can be traced back to us, Uncle. You can rest assured that I have been most discrete in my arrangements. As for Cousin Elano, he will be dead by sunrise. We need not fear any inconvenient disclosure on his part, and he is not a Perandus by name. His familial connection is known only to us. It's a simple matter to keep a bastard or two in the shadows for occasions such as this. Legitimacy is a useful carrot to dangle.

I assume you've been keeping abreast of the Labyrinth's progress? I have purchased several of Izaro's overseers and they keep me informed. I'm told it's to house quite the menagerie of monstrosities. And the mechanisms that are currently being installed, many of which Izaro has designed himself, are utterly nefarious in their invention. While one might easily question the man's rationality, one cannot so easily discount his imagination. If only Izaro had contented himself with an artistic pursuit of some kind, such as painting or sculpture. Instead he now drains the imperial coffers dry, building a delirious promise to the peasants and peons of Wraeclast.

"Come one and all. Enjoy the largest playground ever created. And should you win the games that I have laid out for you, why, you shall be crowned emperor!"

Izaro would place out fortunes in the calloused hands of ignorance. He would have us forget the centuries of leadership, diplomacy, prosperity and security that we, the ruling families of Sarn, have amassed.

Izaro's folly will be the end of our beloved empire.

I, for one, will not let that happen, Uncle.

Chitus

3rd Solaro of Divini, 1318 I.C.
Uncle Cadiro,

I am as ready for this Labyrinth as I will ever be. Each day I have trained with the duelist, Kre Faarblood. There is no better swordsman in all of Sarn and I have been a most attentive pupil. So attentive that he made the mistake of admitting, after his twelfth cup of wine, that he is not of the noble blood he claims to be. His 'disinherited dandy' act is just that: an act. People have a tendency to entrust me with their secrets. I know, it's a valuable gift.

Please have Faarblood tried and hanged, discretely, away from the crowds. We simply can't have commoners impersonating their betters.

Yes, I have familiarised myself with the architectural plans you so kindly obtained for me, and I have paid certain overseers handsomely for further details regarding Izaro's various hazards and living horrors. The man is obsessed with spikes. They pop out of the floor, spin on treacherously shifting wheels and even roam about like predators in search of prey. Izaro's mechanisms are truly of the most devious design. And the creatures! If it bites, claws or stings, it now lives in that Labyrinth.

Fear not, uncle. I have designs of my own. My hirelings shall place discrete caches of supplies here and there, in the eventuality that I should need restoration or assistance. I shall enclose a list of their names. It would be our interests if those named men and women were to, upon the Labyrinth's completion, suffer accidents of a mortal nature. One word spoken carelessly could end any hope of a Perandus ever ascending the imperial throne. A few common lives are nothing compared to the slaughter that would occur if, God help us, one of the Ezomyte contenders survived this Labyrinth in my stead.

So there it is. Our noble endeavour to save our Empire from a madman. I do this for our family. I do this for our Empire.

We are Eternal.

Chitus
^haha Lady, i just did the same but posted it in GD :D

=-D now i feel mighty dumb.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Give this man a cookie
༗ IGN: Warcry ༗
༗ Lvl 100s: #7 ༗
༗ Twitch.tv/WarcryLive ༗
༗ Velka's Ravens: 1772222 ༗
༗ Mirror Thread: 1832043 ༗ #1 ES Wander Opal Ring ༗ #1 Lab Runner Vanguard Belt ༗

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info