Unique Item List — Old Thread, New One Linked Inside

It's all guesswork anyway, maybe let's wait and see. Whether the Fated ones count towards the new unique total should be apparent pretty quickly.
We also dont have the challenge league specific items yet... I expect at least some more fatings then the remaining 'slots' (<10) - would be really surprised otherwise. But, we'll see, soon.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"There are also more than a dozen upgraded (Fated) versions of existing Uniques that can be earned by completing specific Prophecies."
Twenty Uniques were revealed early; more than twelve Fated Uniques already puts that over 32 total, so it's a safe bet that they're a separate category of items.
"
viperesque wrote:
So, as we prepare for the release of Prophecy we have a conundrum. The patch notes say there are 32 new unique items added. I currently have 22 in the upcoming section, plus the new endgame lab winner jewel. However, it's unclear whether the fated uniques are counted in the 32. My guess would be no, but I suppose we'll find out.

I'm inclined to think of the fated uniques as entirely separate for the purposes of the count, etc. Does anyone have any objections?

I think Fated could have its own section/spoiler. While they have different names compared to their starting counterpart, in a sense they are not 'new.' So if you wanted to keep it in the title, 'Unique Item List - XX of XX, with XX Fated' or something?

Also in case this helps any... what we know about the 32 new unique items: 9 are prophecy only, 3 are strongboxes(one of which might have 4 variations), 1 Lab reward Jewel, which leaves 19 further undefined at the moment.
"
I think Fated could have its own section/spoiler. While they have different names compared to their starting counterpart, in a sense they are not 'new.' So if you wanted to keep it in the title, 'Unique Item List - XX of XX, with XX Fated' or something?

They might not be "new" as such, but they're definitely different right? I'm certainly not going to treat them any differently to normal in the post body, for example.

"
Also in case this helps any... what we know about the 32 new unique items: 9 are prophecy only, 3 are strongboxes(one of which might have 4 variations), 1 Lab reward Jewel, which leaves 19 further undefined at the moment.

I'm fairly certain the strongboxes are not included in this count.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
They might not be "new" as such, but they're definitely different right? I'm certainly not going to treat them any differently to normal in the post body, for example.

Makes sense. As you were asking about separating them for the count, I was not sure if separating them for the body of the post would make sense as well. This was an attempt at consistency in my mind.

"
viperesque wrote:

I just know that for The Awakening the patch notes had a list of the total number of unique items, and it included Strange Barrel in the count. The prior three unique boxes came in at the same time, and were their own line item in the 1.1.3 Patch Notes. Could go either way I guess.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

I just know that for The Awakening the patch notes had a list of the total number of unique items, and it included Strange Barrel in the count. The prior three unique boxes came in at the same time, and were their own line item in the 1.1.3 Patch Notes. Could go either way I guess.

Well, in this case the strongboxes have their own line separate from the rest of the items. We'll see though I guess. The total count is definitely going to be listed as 4?? for a couple of days after the patch hits.

Also re: the total count, I've gone through everything in detail and checked off against the wiki. Pretty certain 516 is the correct number, and I accidentally double counted something once.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jun 2, 2016, 1:28:33 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
Well, in this case the strongboxes have their own line separate from the rest of the items. We'll see though I guess. The total count is definitely going to be listed as 4?? for a couple of days after the patch hits.

Also re: the total count, I've gone through everything in detail and checked off against the wiki. Pretty certain 516 is the correct number, and I accidentally double counted something once.

I totally missed the boxes having their own line in the 2.3.0 notes. Oops. I think you are correct in assuming the '32 unique items' line does not include the boxes. I should have noticed that sooner.

Woo on 516, that is the number I have as well.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
I totally missed the boxes having their own line in the 2.3.0 notes.

I also overlooked this at first, but it totally makes sense because strongboxes are not really 'items' (not pickable)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Here's a nice list of fated unique bases from datamining. Guess they definitely aren't included in the 32. According to that list there are 25, so I am going to provisionally add 57 to the item count when the patch hits, and see whether that is correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info