100, why not?... My slow and lonely way to the finish.

Sorry guys. I have a lot of patience but everything has a limit. This is by far the worst Patch/expansion that GGG has made. There are so many things to get angry...

I was playing SRS and I had to let go of the build because after 5 minutes of testing changes in Dried Lake I realized that the change of AI was absurd. The SRS went from average intelligence to be definitely fools. I can stand the decrease of damage, but intelligence... what intelligence?
If my job is designing software within a company, it is expected that others take care of testing. It is their job, they do not work for free. If nobody can test, I must be myself responsible for test my own work...
Taking things under the same premise... How explains GGG the failed intelligence of SRS? How explains GGG the embarrassing case of Curses? How explains GGG the grotesque bug whith Volley Fire/Barrage/Chain? How explains GGG the change in Terrace Boss fight if they says in the Patch Notes that this boss was nerfed but the reality is very different?

GGG does not test their own work. They became mediocre... The problem is that this mediocrity eventually affects us all in some way or another... If it was my own fault or game things I accept, as I did every time I died because of me or relatively normal things. But if you're high level and the mediocrity of other hits you it really gets too annoying.

I'm still playing but not like before. I am disenchanted...

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Dec 17, 2015, 7:37:35 PM
Rest in pepperonis
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Understood. I felt much the same way when my COC ranger who was amazing in 1.3.1 got super nerfed in 2.0. After 3 failed characters mainly based on other people's builds, I went out on my own and created my own build from scratch. She wrecked stuff like no other and I was feeling pretty accomplished. Then 2.0 hit and while I've made some tweaks to get her playable she's nothing like she used to be...and with the nerf to crit and Surgeon's Prefix in 2.1.1 she's slid even further backwards. I got her to Level 92 in 1.3.1 and I do not intend to level her any further.

So instead I decided to focus on my wacky Scion...who I'm proud to say I finally got to Level 93 after burning through all of my good maps and playing very, very carefully. You inspired me to try for another level, so thank you for that. But she's topped out for now...just the thought of trying for another level gives me a migraine and I'm not too interested in developing another character at the moment.

Best of luck to you, sir.
I know nobody cares but a couple of hours ago I reached level 95... So, speaking in terms of real-time-life-problems-deaths-boring-whatever it took me two months and a half go up from 94 to 95 (November 27 --> February 18). I think that is within normal for a solo player who hardly traded and also has some real life yet XD
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
holy crap.

but ya this isn't surprising. i've been playing this game since open beta and the highest level character i've ever had is lvl 91. i don't know if i'll ever hit 95 and i honestly don't plan to. 85 is pretty easy, 90 is pretty tough. anything above 90 is life killing.
Grats on the level!

I hope this thread makes a comeback!
Thanks for the hint Sir. Now I know which level to give up at.

I went up to level 95 on February 18. After two or three deaths (and honestly I don't remember if was 2 or 3), one caused by a problem with the connection and the rest by the typical human stupidity, I am now at level 95 with 61% (March 25).
Sometimes I want to stick with the original idea of this, but seeing the enormous amount of time this will take I preferred to restrain. Plus I don't want this to end become a topic with a thousand pages XD
Maybe 98 to 100 is something more realistic, but much still remains for that...

Very interesting... Today I reached level 96 (April 10). That means it took me 1 month and 3 weeks from 95 to 96. Pretty less than 2 months and a half that it takes me from 94 to 95... It is worth clarifying that from about 2 weeks ago I've changed to the dark side of the force and use Voltaxic Spark.

XD

The grind is easier than ever, I managed to go from 98 to 99 at 23-24m/hr doing mostly T11 maps mostly solo. Died only once during the entire time.

When it comes down to it, all that matters is your xp/min factoring in deaths/hr. The latter should be zero or near it or you will never progress past 90 something.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 10, 2016, 3:44:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info