Accuracy VS Damage nodes

alright, its a bit of a wishy washy number then,

so at say lvl 80, the char screen might say I have 83%
chance to evade based on the average accuracy of monsters
in the area i was fighting lets say some map.

if I move to a lvl 30 area, my evasion might show up
as 95% based on the monsters in the new area I was fighting?

I was confused by this because I never noticed it changing,
but it does change?

on the other side, as an accuracy user, I'd notice my chance to hit
was much higher in lvl 30 area than some map for the same reason.

never learned about this. was casting all the time.

but was trying out evasion so I did need to know this :P

ty
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
if ones accuracy is low, like 80%, then there is only an 80% chance of
engaging the others evasion response. meaning there is a 20% chance
to be miss before the evasion is even engaged. (as though a native 20%
chance to dodge)

If you have 80% Chance to Hit against an enemy, then that enemy has 20% Chance to Evade against you.
If you have 100% Chance to Hit, the enemy has 0% Chance to Evade.
If you Hit, then the enemy failed to Evade.
If they have Evaded a Hit, then you have Missed that Hit.

Chance to Hit and Chance to Evade are the exact same mechanic, but observed from the other side.

As such, if one were to remove Accuracy (Chance to Hit), then Evasion (Chance to Evade) should also be removed. It's part of the same mechanic after all.

-----
The character sheet always shows your Chance to Hit against monsters of your level. It does not adjust based on where you are. However, against much lower level enemies, you will have 95% Chance to Hit, yes.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 1, 2015, 9:31:25 AM
excellent, *learnt something new :D

So it is hard to learn specifics because chance to hit, and evasion
are both averages for your level and not specifics.

one might find that mercy kole has a 95% chance to hit you when
pretty much every other monster in the area has a 81% chance to hit
you. your char screen would say 81% the whole time, but kole has way
higher accuracy than average. (just a hypothetical)

about all you can be sure of is that unique monsters and rares with
accuracy boost are gonna hit you a lot more often than whatever your
evasion chance indicates on the char screen.

guess that explains the map bosses with un-evadable physical attacks,
probably all have really high accuracy.

crit chance = 50% (base 10% - high base)
multiplier = 500%
Damage on weap = 50-150 - 1 attack per second (This is really just to make the math easier, it doesn't matter what these two numbers are)

So, again, 3 nodes, you can go into pure crit chance node (20% average) or dmg (10% average)or crit/accuracy (13.334% average crit chance) at this point in your build.

Let's do the crit chance node first

Each one being worth 20%.

20*3 = 60% of 10% is +6% flat increase crit chance

new total is 56% crit chance.

again, (50-150)/2 = 100 dps

- Lets use 100 attacks as a nice round number to work with

56 times you will crit, and 44 times you will not (This is an expected amount, but because it is a rolled and not a gurantee, you may only crit
40 times out of 100 and then crit 70 times out of the next 100 - but over time it is equal to 56%)

now 56% of the time, you will be doing 500% (+base) of your damage

100 * 500% = 500 + original damage of 100 = 600 damage per crit

56 * 600 = 33600
44 * 100 = THE 4400 (what happened to that show?)

33600 + 4400 = 38,000 * 80% = 30,400 DPS

Crit nodes = 30,400 damage over 100 attacks

-----

Now let's do accuracy crit

The total accuracy gained is 32% (Whoops, after double checking for crit amount realized I overvalued accuracy in previous post) and 40% crit chance

Same stats as i've been using for weap and 8% = +1% flat accuracy

So the math is pretty much the same, except now we only do 40% of 10% base crit chance to get and added 4% - total crit chance 54%.

Accuracy changes from 80% to 84%

54 * 600 (We didn't change the multiplier so it is still 600 per crit) = 32400

46 * 100 = 4,600

32,400 + 4,600 = 37,000 * 84% = 31,080

Crit/accuracy nodes = 31,080 damage over 100 attacks

-------

Now let's do flat damage

Again, same weap stats and all that jazz.

100 *30% = 30

100 + 30 = 130 damage per attack

50% of the time you crit with a 500% multiplier

130 * 500% = 650 + 130 base = 780 damage per crit

50*780 = 39,000

50*130 = 6,500

39000 + 6500 = 45,500 * 80% = 36,400

Damage nodes = 36,400

---

Let's do crit multiplier now average of 10%? Not sure on average crit multi but they are very spread out and not in big clusters.

The 15% is then hit with a 1.5 to equal 15% per node again let's use 3 nodes (But realisticall there is only one spot I can think of that gives

3 crit multi nodes all together, most are 1 at a time.)

3 * 10 = 30 * 1.5 = 45% increased crit multi

The multi changes to 545% per crit

Again 50% chance to crit (10% base)

(100 * 545%) + 100 = 645 per crit

50 * 645 = 32,250

50* 100 = 5,000

32,250 + 5,000 = 37,250 * 80% = 29,800 damage per 100 attacks

Totals

Crit nodes = 30,400 damage over 100 attacks

Crit/accuracy nodes = 31,080 damage over 100 attacks

Damage nodes = 36,400

Crit multiplier = 29,800 damage per 100 attacks

Edit: I thought viper was talking about the players evasion. And no getting rid of accuracy won't kill YOUR evasion, it will kill mobs evasion. If monsters not being able to be hit is a mechanic that they want in the game, it should apply to spells as well since a player can use "chance to dodge spells/block spells" nodes. That is what you are saying, correct? Because if you are saying they would have to remove evasion from mobs, it's kind of my point, that accuracy and evasion have no purpose against mobs when I can get damage and hit for more damage overall in the same amount of attacks then if I spec into accuracy with the same nodes.
Last edited by RichardBachman on Nov 1, 2015, 9:51:25 AM
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
one might find that mercy kole has a 95% chance to hit you when
pretty much every other monster in the area has a 81% chance to hit
you. your char screen would say 81% the whole time, but kole has way
higher accuracy than average. (just a hypothetical)

Most likely no. A long time ago monsters had different accuracy scores, so a 'slow' monster like a zombie would have lower accuracy and evasion than an 'agile' monster like a monkey. In an effort to improve evasion for us they equalized that number so all monsters of the same level are supposed to have same accuracy (though evasion still differs), unless they are magic/rare that have 'accurate' property.

It is assumed bosses and rogue exiles can have higher accuracy than normal monsters, though, but that would be a bit annoying to test.

"

I can only suggest that you play a crit mace or staff build on the left side, you will see why all this accuracy vs damage debate is moot.

And I don't agree about removing accuracy/evasion, attacks and spells are already similar enough.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 1, 2015, 9:54:35 AM
math is only MATH when the model is complete. yours isnt

look at the whole picture - the acc rolls on items (the values you apply your % increases) and check how does the accuracy work with crit (ie. it is rolled twice so low acc/high crit builds are just.. duds). now compare that to %damage (where values easily reach 300%+ and can reach 500% for some glass cannon builds) and judge value of these nodes

i prefer low crit-multi, high acc/crit builds (more consistent damage, easy to predict reflect) and i know how big of an impact lets say %20 or %10 accuracy nodes can have

final note - damage output is an equation that can be solved (maximized) for a set of starting criteria. and i bet that this solution includes a bit of everything, not 'just %damage nodes'.

the only valid point you make is that some 'mixed' nodes are too weak. 6% damage + 2% aspd? please..
It's really hard to compare due to lack of information about mobs. I'm GUESSING the chance to hit enemy stat in-game is based on doo-doo mobs around your level. I'm also GUESSING it is harder to hit the boss mobs, the guys you actually care about hitting. Therefore the accuracy stat nodes will have a larger effect when it is important. At least I hope this is the case or the stat is absurd. On the tool-tip damage nodes will clearly always win out. Against the big important boss mobs, accuracy hopefully comes into its own.

I'd also point out that accuracy does more than just damage. It also improves on-hit effects and status effects. Life gain, curse on hit, fortify etc...
Strictly SSF HC legit dual-wield Duelist.
Women swoon at the sight of him
Men tremble at the thought of him
And few that face him in battle live to tell the tale.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info