The Awakening Supporter Packs End Soon - with Video!

Quite frankly, I found the whole Tempest league and divination cards underwhelming. But overall, being Canadian, a currency tax of $0.30 appeared on each $1 spent... hence, my currency went down, you sell in U.S. dollars only. Me, not spending a dime on anything until it makes more sense.

I sense I must not be the only one.

Ending it so soon does sound like GGG is somewhat cash strapped and the new costly expansion did not deliver the anticipated return or interest.
"
Lunaris pack best pack! Divination cards kinda got flooded into the game and the highgate weapon effect doesnt look as cool so I skipped upgrading again.

Kinda looking forward to seeing new supporter pack, hopefully it lets you design an item, or mtx effect or a pet, or something really neat, i'd be all over that.

Yes! We've seen packs that allow you to create your own unique item (with a whole list of problems therein, hence the discontinuation of such packs), the grandmaster pack that let you create your own rogue exile (essentially, though confined to one map), and the new divination cards.

Would it be a stretch to create an MTX? I'm sure there'd be a lot of heavily requested things and not only would GGG make money off of selling the packs, but then they'd also get money from players who purchased said MTX.

I'm still waiting on the Undying's version of freezing pulse (that little tornado) to be made into an MTX.
Bring back race seasons.
I'm not following the logic of people saying that GGG removing packs for sale is indicative of their hurting for money. Surely they would be leaving these packs up longer if that were the case.

Further, new packs on the horizon spells new content coming soon, another thing I'm confused people are getting antsy about.

I just upgraded to Axiom because I really wanted the weapon effect, and though I'd love a POE shirt I think I'll probably stay at this tier.
"
TyrerB wrote:
I'm not following the logic of people saying that GGG removing packs for sale is indicative of their hurting for money. Surely they would be leaving these packs up longer if that were the case.

Further, new packs on the horizon spells new content coming soon, another thing I'm confused people are getting antsy about.

I just upgraded to Axiom because I really wanted the weapon effect, and though I'd love a POE shirt I think I'll probably stay at this tier.

Agreed and even if they're hurting for money, what can we do about it other than supporting? Never understood the people trying to always find the negative in something, especially when it's a game they play and enjoy.
"
Jes00jes wrote:
"
TyrerB wrote:

Agreed and even if they're hurting for money, what can we do about it other than supporting? Never understood the people trying to always find the negative in something, especially when it's a game they play and enjoy.

I think they are trying to switch things up sooner rather than later. If there are issues, doing nothing does not resolve those issues. That's the logic behind changing out a product line - if you will.

The complains and criticisms are designed to push them to try harder/do better/create more value/etc. It probably does come off as negative feedback but the intent is to want or ask for greatness.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
not everyone of us are rich.. this is way too soon.. if you plan on having new packs every few months, maybe you should not have $1000+ packs?

I was planning on upgrading my way to the top but you took a dump all over my plans now and if this is the way it's going to be in the future, I'm just not gonna bother even trying. i.e. spend money on other stuff.
generally dangerous
"
philosoaper wrote:
not everyone of us are rich.. this is way too soon.. if you plan on having new packs every few months, maybe you should not have $1000+ packs?

I was planning on upgrading my way to the top but you took a dump all over my plans now and if this is the way it's going to be in the future, I'm just not gonna bother even trying. i.e. spend money on other stuff.

In reality, $1000 is excessive anyway. Unless a person has the bankroll to easily just flop the whole amount down in one go without affecting their IRL responsibilities, then fine & dandy. It's a level not designed for we normal working folks.

I think that GGG would agree that we as players should never give more loot than is easily do-able.

You've already given a lifetime membership worth. Save up for your next PC upgrade instead. Someone who's never bought a supporter pack can step up for the next round! :)
Am I understanding the post correctly in regards to future Divination Cards, people who have already got a Highgate Pack can design another card for a certain price (let's say $500*). And for people who didn't purchase Highgate they will need to purchase the new Top Tier pack and in addition pay the additional $500 ontop? Doesn't this mean that the new packs will not feature design a divination card within them?

*Oh and the $500 was what I believe it costs current people who missed out on Release packs to design a custom forum avatar.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
looks like gggs designers were busy creating new effects after act 4 was released.

the new office providing more space for potentially more ggg folks, i'm not wondering they're longing for a stable financial base before stacking employment up for creating more acts.

i don't think ggg will abandon the feature to create div cards even if supporter packs change.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I was supposed to receive the signed art and t-shirt and I still do not have either. Reason being? I have a couple month long message war with Rob_GGG explaining they messed up the order for my stuff. Well now here it is... November 1st. Still no t-shirt and they want me to pay $5 to ship the stuff, EVEN though I already paid my dues. Thanks GGG :)

In contacts with another staff member, hope I can clear this all up.
Last edited by LastTruGod on Nov 1, 2015, 7:12:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info