23 Players Banned for Use of Third-Party Software

23 is a start however what about the streamers you just need to watch twitch and you see the hacks - if GGG are tryingto clean the game up apply the rules to everyone not making exemept the streamers
A suggestion on this topic:

Why don't you create a page with a list of allowed software (aka. whitelist)? That would be a nice guide to players when deciding to use a 3rd-party software or not.

For instance:

Can I use Wine on Linux to run PoE?
Is Procurement and Acquisition safe to use?
Can I use keyboard macros for trade chat?

And so on...

You can find mixed opinions and information by searching the forums, but a official page about popular 3rd party software would be a nice thing to have as a guide.
"
DarkMantle wrote:
A suggestion on this topic:

Why don't you create a page with a list of allowed software (aka. whitelist)? That would be a nice guide to players when deciding to use a 3rd-party software or not.

For instance:

Can I use Wine on Linux to run PoE?
Is Procurement and Acquisition safe to use?
Can I use keyboard macros for trade chat?

And so on...

You can find mixed opinions and information by searching the forums, but a official page about popular 3rd party software would be a nice thing to have as a guide.

I'm all for this, since I'll bet the ban was for certain 3rd party software and not other 3rd party software *cough* one key macro out of HC *cough* (Using the built-in keyboard software makes it 3rd party, like it or not). If in fact this is to be a ban of 3rd party software, there needs to be either:

1) A total ban on 3rd party software,

OR

2) A whitelist of approved add-ons or the allowed features preferably built into the game.
"
anotherdave wrote:

I'm all for this, since I'll bet the ban was for certain 3rd party software and not other 3rd party software *cough* one key macro out of HC *cough* (Using the built-in keyboard software makes it 3rd party, like it or not). If in fact this is to be a ban of 3rd party software, there needs to be either:

OR

2) A whitelist of approved add-ons or the allowed features preferably built into the game.

Absolutely in 100% agreement with the bolded

It would be the most important improvement GGG could do for their game, IMO.
I can only say Good Job :>

Many online games die to cheats and hacks abuse, take botting in big titles for instance. No online game is perfect on that matter but you did well in containing this plague in PoE.

"
"
anotherdave wrote:

OR

Absolutely in 100% agreement with the bolded

It would be the most important improvement GGG could do for their game, IMO.

It's already pretty clear enough comparing bots to one key build-in keyboard macro makes little sense. Anyway you don't need either of those to play and enjoy the game.
Last edited by deMoxE on Nov 1, 2015, 12:31:55 PM
Good, though the moans of "no warnings first" are probably because you gave warning at the beginning of the year...fair though it was it just set up the chance to moan about it when they get hit.

As for the posts of make lists...why? the cheats will still cheat and anyone that is unsure will probably ask, even then the list would go unread by most people...just like most other things in the game(jewelers/fusing/ancestral bond and more)

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 1, 2015, 1:19:50 PM
Nice work. Keep up improving the experience of the true players ;)
We need spammers to be turfed too.
Good job GGG, keeping PoE fun for all of us :)
#NeverGoing90
good job and thank you too keep this game clean :)
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info