[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

I'll throw in my gear and progress because why the hell not.

Levelled with firestorm for ages till about 55-60 ish only went EA when i got a 5L chest, still no luck getting a 6S quill rain yet hahaha

I grabbed dex nodes at maura and 2 at templar, loads of dex, movespeed, mana cost redution and other good stuff along with 20-30% accuracy from each. Ele overlord is up 100% of the time, i did have acc on gloves, neck and 1 ring but i found better gloves without accuracy and still have 87% chance to hit at lv 82.

I've wanted to try EA for a long time and its certainly a very strong start of league build, glad i waited till this patch as playing with less duration just feels fantastic.

I half want to ignore a few life nodes at this point and path up through the witch life nodes cruel preparation and grab heart of flame and breath of flames, but im aware at this point more increased multipliers will suffer diminishing returns.

BTW OP i saw earlier in the league you were vaal pact, how did that work out? I'm guessing no life regen was just a bit horrid when you shot and didn't hit anything

Stibnite flask seems like the best defensive going, you guys tried it?

Characters ZottEA just look for the only ascendant pic.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Zotta/characters

Last edited by Zotta on Mar 8, 2016, 3:33:23 AM
This build is amazing, i don't think i have ever had a character this strong before. Gear dump for PSC

Intially i was quite hesitant about the builds single target damage, but it turned quite well it can absolutely wreck maps up tier 14.

I was doing up to tier 12 maps just with 5link quill rain and a decent res life chest piece. Build is incredibly cheap and scales really well levels and currency investment.

Quite an amazing build for starting a leauge :D

Leveled with flame totem firestorm till around level 45-50 when i switched, it was quite smooth but dunno if it was because i was in a group. Can definetly recommend this build to anyone wanting a strong build :P

Wanted to try EA for a long time, glad i waited till the buff to less duration i cannot imagine playing without it :D
Last edited by ulriku on Mar 8, 2016, 4:51:18 AM
i could use some guidance on how to level this build as well skills and possible set ups while doing the grind. thanks in advance!
"
Selvam wrote:
i could use some guidance on how to level this build as well skills and possible set ups while doing the grind. thanks in advance!

I just bought facebreakers for 1c, lvld my gems and switched to Quill rain + rearguard as soon as i was able to pickup EE and some fire damage, which was around lvl 45. Infernal blow + melee splash + added fire dmg + melee physical damage will do the trick until then.
"
ulriku wrote:
This build is amazing, i don't think i have ever had a character this strong before. Gear dump for PSC

Intially i was quite hesitant about the builds single target damage, but it turned quite well it can absolutely wreck maps up tier 14.

I was doing up to tier 12 maps just with 5link quill rain and a decent res life chest piece. Build is incredibly cheap and scales really well levels and currency investment.

Quite an amazing build for starting a leauge :D

Leveled with flame totem firestorm till around level 45-50 when i switched, it was quite smooth but dunno if it was because i was in a group. Can definetly recommend this build to anyone wanting a strong build :P

Wanted to try EA for a long time, glad i waited till the buff to less duration i cannot imagine playing without it :D

i see you went for EO but have no crit on gear... how do you crit? is it really working well that way? or do you have a support build in your group that grants you power charges?
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
For clearing maps its pretty much up all the time, but i dont know on bosses i dont really pay that much attention to the buff. And i cant test it right now since im at school.

even when EO is not up i cant really feel the loss of accuracy from not going RT. So its basically just free damage when its up, which is most of the time.
Last edited by ulriku on Mar 8, 2016, 6:57:15 AM
EO is up constantly at 5% crit as far as i can tell, the build is absolutly insane, gratz on 6L and kaoms already ulriku, i aint quite their myself.

This link is carnage, but it shows 7 attacks per second, with only 4 frenzy charges.

Hi,

Thanks for this build :)

I just started an MF version of it on Perandus with this stuff:

Spoiler

I just wanted to use this build to start the league, but it is really better than I would have thought. The single-target DPS is a bit lacking, but that may be because I only have a 4L setup (not counting IIR).

I may go for a 6L, but not sure about that. I'll also try EO since it seems that it is a good DPS increase.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
Is there a reason you don't pick up celestial punishment ?
I mean in group or bosses for 2 points I think that's worth it ?
ign: ropefly
For everyone that won't use Resolute technique and will just use Elemental overload , I don't think your pathing is optimized near the marauder part, I will give my take on it :

https://gyazo.com/0501e31786d5d5403a86952139f37fbe

EDIT: Take in account the amount of armour you gain from it and 0,5% life regen .
Last edited by Ryuri_yamamoto on Mar 8, 2016, 9:59:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info