[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

"
Seriously12x wrote:
Can you post your tree with leveling progress ? Like With Level 19 Tree Level 38 Tree...
I wan t to try this build tomorrow in the new league.

Wrote a "quick" guide as requested by alot.
The lvling passives are made for somewhat advanced player, if u feel its to squishy take more life in the beginning.
Thx for the answers, also im glad to see new sections. Keep udpdating - it seems like EA isnt as popular as it should be.
Thanks for the reply. Another thing is I wonder how a +3 and Quill Rain compare with each other? I have a 6L +3 thicket bow with IAS (APS is about 1.7) so I don't know if I should just go with it or invest into 6L Quill.
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Another thing is I wonder how a +3 and Quill Rain compare with each other? I have a 6L +3 thicket bow with IAS (APS is about 1.7) so I don't know if I should just go with it or invest into 6L Quill.

+3 Is a valid option but for mapping i would go with a quill, it's just alot faster. 5L is already good enough if u dont want to go all in for a 6l
Last edited by IamPeyter on Nov 1, 2015, 11:24:09 AM
Now Nice Guide, 10/10 m8! no h8
"
IamPeyter wrote:
"
Emdezetius wrote:
Considering to run this in next few-week league. Sorry for a noobish question, but can u explain why u are picking up the elem-equlibrium node? Also a levelling section will be welcome for a new EA players like me:)

Fhark already answered it pretty well, quoted him below.
Essentially what happens is if u have some flat elmental non fire damage on a piece of gear and shoot an arrow ( ea, rain of arrows or even a normal attack ) u will hit him with the non fire element and thus make him weak against fire damage(= the explosion). It's probably the biggest boost in damage u can get with this build.

I'll write a guide with lvling section soon. I hope I can do that tomorrow, no promises.

"
Fhark wrote:
Ele-equilibrium is always applied form some flat cold or lightning on rings or gloves, im levelling at the moment and it was a huge boost as soon as i got it at about lvl 42 (make sure you have no flat fire).

Could you go more indepth on the EE part?
From what i notice the explosions dont all go off at the same time, I see explosion after explosion. Doesn't that make the monster immediately fire resistant?
"
Masonic_ wrote:

From what i notice the explosions dont all go off at the same time, I see explosion after explosion. Doesn't that make the monster immediately fire resistant?

It doesn't matter when the explosions go off, it's the flat ele damages being applied by the physical contact with the arrows, thats going to apply cold damage, or if lightning damage is on a piece of gear then that will be applied, thus mobs will have +25% resistance to whatever that flat added ele is... then when the fuses go -50% to fire damage... Was that what you wanted?
"
"
Masonic_ wrote:

It doesn't matter when the explosions go off, it's the flat ele damages being applied by the physical contact with the arrows, thats going to apply cold damage, or if lightning damage is on a piece of gear then that will be applied, thus mobs will have +25% resistance to whatever that flat added ele is... then when the fuses go -50% to fire damage... Was that what you wanted?

Yes so far ive understood, but when the explosions go off, dont the monsters immediately get resistant to fire? Do all the explosions take place at the same time or do they overlap?
"
Masonic_ wrote:

when the explosions go off, dont the monsters immediately get resistant to fire? Do all the explosions take place at the same time or do they overlap?

They overlap, so yes those monsters not hit by any arrows will have resistance to fire...
Last edited by Drevvska on Nov 2, 2015, 3:41:14 AM
Hi,

could you post defensive stats? Although you already sold me with that high HP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info