[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Hey guys!

Again, camping with some health issues. I'm sorry for not responding faster, especially at the start of the league. I'll quickly go over your questions though!

@Raven123: you can simply level with firestorm: it's always been a really solid skill to level with anyways(and it seems to be quite meta for leveling spells this league) :)

@AkumaNoTsubasa: I do! Thanks, fixed it!

@Musachan: You can level them all the way. If you want them to active a little earlier, ~lvl 15 should be fine too.

@Krostav: I updated the Advanced Gearing section :) See the announcement at the bottom!

@Blackice012: You are right! Silly me, Fixed it!

@r4plez: I don't think it's worth the investment. Unless you're using Controlled Destruction, triggering Elemental Overload happens often enough. You don't need it however, so if you feel it doesn't trigger enough to really use it, respec those two points!

@Chuzhak: Surviving Dominus' second Phase is a matter of your minions tanking. He hurts, and unless you are going with the necromancer variant, it's unlikely you can face tank him. If your zombies aren't strong enough, ditch Geofri's for a +2 minion helmet. Also, a Skelly totem will be big here as well. If you place if just outside of his Cleave Range, it should provide enough distraction for you to nuke down Dominus.

Also - your Gloves have low life, your amulet has none, and neither has your helmet. With proper play, you can still outplay bosses like Dominus, but getting life on those items will make everything so much easier :)

@ThaboVR: While consuming darks can work, it's not optimal for this build. To really abuse the poison(which is possible with firestorm btw), you do want to pick up the poison nodes to really have that damage matter. And just for the conversion.. well, fire penetration doesn't get further mitigated by any other normal source(correct me on this one, tired, might be forgetting about something obvious). Chaos resistance will however. A monster with high chaos resistance will be a pain to deal with. And a monster with both chaos resistance and fire resistance will be even harder to take down.

Long story short: I wouldn't recommend, if you want to do so, you probably want to go with a slightly different tree.

@khrave: That was my old setup. Back then, the Elementist didn't allow for multiple golems by itself, so I had no need to include two golems. I think I was also testing different setups back then, when I posted the gears. Don't worry about the gems in the gear though. If I change something, I will update the gem section accordingly :)

@bridgeburner: End game bosses? We melt them. Don't forget, almost every map boss comes with a blue pack. Killing that pack is often enough to trigger your Herald of Thunder. And if you don't, still no biggie. We can run Hexproof maps, so killing a boss without curses shouldn't be too hard anyways.

OoS is interesting and can work.. but I wouldn't use it myself for one simple reason: I don't want to cast multiple spells. I just want to run around, right click near groups of monsters, and collect my loot. But it can work. It you are playing with Infernal's Mantle or something, you can drop HoT, and use OoS instead. But honestly, I wouldn't recommend it myself.

@Colgajo: You are right. Thanks, fixed it!

Also, I updated the advanced gear section with "near perfect" gears. A lot of people have been asking me for this, so I hope this will at least help you.

I personally try to keep trading to a minimum, so none of my characters ever had a set of those godly-multiple-ex items. And yet, I still managed to take down many bosses and other end game content. It's not necessary to get those items. Just see them as guidelines to items you can look for :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Dec 7, 2016, 7:17:09 PM
Why is flame dash linked with the golems, or is it not linked?
The fairest flowers bloom in the foulest places.
Flame dash, and the golems, are all linked to faster casting in that setup :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Thank you very much for the guide, I'm breezing through the game so far thanks to you.

However, I'm probably doing something wrong, because although I have Shaper of desolation and Herald of Thunder active, I only proc'd the "sparkles after killing a shocked target" once in ~10 hours.

I don't have the complete tree yet, but I only seem to be missing the increased duration (and a couple of missing minions / life nodes).

The monsters only seem to get warlord's marked when they get hit by the falling lightning from HoT, and that's it.

Is there something obvious that I missed ?

Thanks again
"
Galithil wrote:
Thank you very much for the guide, I'm breezing through the game so far thanks to you.

However, I'm probably doing something wrong, because although I have Shaper of desolation and Herald of Thunder active, I only proc'd the "sparkles after killing a shocked target" once in ~10 hours.

I don't have the complete tree yet, but I only seem to be missing the increased duration (and a couple of missing minions / life nodes).

The monsters only seem to get warlord's marked when they get hit by the falling lightning from HoT, and that's it.

Is there something obvious that I missed ?

Thanks again

Just as a side note, it's a good idea if you're asking for help to change your privacy settings on your account so people can see your characters. That way we can check your skill tree and your links and stuff.
By the way, I love the way you have this guide formatted. I especially love the "examples of perfect gear" section and hope other build guides start copying that. It's so helpful to be able to hit POE trade and just modify some of the stats to find leveling gear.
Oh thank you, I didn't know that chars were hidden by default. I changed that.
"
Galithil wrote:
Oh thank you, I didn't know that chars were hidden by default. I changed that.

Just looking at your tree, it doesn't look like you followed his recommended skill tree for your level. One important thing you missed was pathing down toward Scion to get the skill duration nodes. That's 45% skill effect duration and it's a huge reason why the curse on hit setup works. Because the ascendancy node cycles through different elements, we're not always shocking on every hit. But the duration nodes mean that when we do kill a shocked enemy, the active part of Herald of Thunder will last until we're shocking again, which means it has almost 100% uptime.

I would recommend reviewing his recommended tree for your leveling and possibly reallocating some skill points or just focusing toward those nodes.

The duration nodes are also a big boost to our dps, because it means firestorm will last longer with each cast.
Damn, I hadn't seen the leveling tree, only the final tree, so I was playing it by ear. I'm completely new to the game, so I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of customization available.

I also made very dumb choices, like getting the dual curse even though I only got warlord's mark yesterday, and going for extra minions at the expense of the duration nodes.

Thanks for the review, I'll try to move points around to get to the increased duration, it will probably help.
"
Galithil wrote:
Damn, I hadn't seen the leveling tree, only the final tree, so I was playing it by ear. I'm completely new to the game, so I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of customization available.

I also made very dumb choices, like getting the dual curse even though I only got warlord's mark yesterday, and going for extra minions at the expense of the duration nodes.

Thanks for the review, I'll try to move points around to get to the increased duration, it will probably help.

This game can be pretty overwhelming the first time, that's for sure. If you ever need any help or advice in-game feel free to message me. SmackedLikeABreach is the character I'm playing right now.

If you have the respec's available, I would recommend speccing out of Elemental Overload right now. You probably don't have the crit on your gear to proc it reliably right now. There are 2 duration clusters you need to pick up before the HoT will be reliable. Potency of Will, and Exceptional Performance. Both of them are on the southward path. You might want to back out of the dual curse node too if you have the respecs available because you won't really need it til maps anyway. I'm still only running Warlord's Mark and I'm in act 3 merciless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info