[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Going Berserker right now after getting ELementalist to 77 with this build. Here is my gear:

Spoiler

(Ignore my gemming or lack there of in most cases. I don't implement CWDT or curses until I get the build down, and make sure it can work w/o them)

Here is my build so far:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAN1A-4EBwSzBg4J9hBYEQ8UIBSwGjgabBzcHb4fAiGQJDcnLyftKPopTyqNLJwyNDOHNZI2xTbYOlg62DwtPfw_J0GHRUdJG0rITC1QR1XGVkhYY1ltXz9fmF_QaPJuqngNeWiCHoKbgseDX4PMg9uFModljHaMz48akFWdrp48ogCnCKlurJivt7UEtfK3PriTvwjAGsBmwQTE9sauxtjPMtR81abYJNi92wvkIuoQ6-7sOOxV7w7wH_Fs9kj3wfhf-ej-Cg==?accountName=sheeeeeeets&characterName=FireStorm_Zerker

Sitting at WAY over max resists, 4200HP, 4200 DPS tooltip with Anger and HoT up. +2 helm is needed to make Golem a tank, as he is much needed to regen ES for MoM/EB/ZO combo.

Build is VERY tanky for a caster so far, and the 40% MORE damage ascendancy. was well, 40% MORE damage...

The built in life steal for Berserker is amazing. Even though it feels like a wasted ascendancy at times, 1-2% life/mana steal and 40% MORE damage make up for it IMO.

Still experimenting with stuff. Repentance gloves are awesome, as the tree takes a while to get around to key nodes and picks up tons of int/str for the gloves, also has tons of built in res, so no need to have anything but damage in glove slot with Repentance.

Getting high armor in slots was crucial to my survival. I went from 0% phys reduction to 40% when I redid my gear at 66 for the gloves, and specced into EB/MoM/ZO, and it made a TON of difference. I don't notice the "take 10% increased damage" at all.

I am use to face tanking characters, and this one is NOT that. Its VERY tough for a caster atm, but I need to get use to playing him as such.

I am only 71 and have done T4 and below maps. I am VERY happy choosing Berserker over Elementalist, and gearing the way I have.
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Sep 11, 2016, 11:15:55 AM
"
Hey man,

I just want to thank you for the build, it's been working out awesome for me so far. I am merely a casual player, the highest map tier I've ever gotten to before the rework was like 10, and that was already stretching it. Now I breeze through T7 (looking to go higher soon but I'm poor) with what I'd consider not even really amazing gear. I have my Resistances overcapped by a lot though and have managed to get just shy of 5k Life and over 1k ES.

This is what I am running currently if anyone is interested:

Gear

Also, a question: Is a quality Firestorm worth it?

===================

"
Chillekinden wrote:
The CWDT setup doesn't work anymore. Immortal Call will still cast, but not Convocation. Just thought you should know. Otherwise great guide, super fun, super tanky while still being strong :D

Did you overlevel your Convocation?

Yes, I kinda took the wrong gem from the two I had and didn't realise until a few days later when my CWDT caught up in levels. Sorry about that, my bad. (Kinda new to the game aswell)
Updated the mapping section, everything up to T9 is (almost)complete, filled in the difficulty for many of the higher maps I've done.

As always - If you don't fully agree with my rating, suggestions are welcome :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Hi, I think there is a small mistake in the guide when talking about gems;

From the guide "Our Cast when Damage Taken Setup is linked to Convocation, Immortal Call and a gem of choice."

I don't see space for a gem of choice?

Note; I have only just started (level 35) so I may be talking nonsense!
You are completely right. That's still some left-overs from a previous iteration, when we still had three additional gems linked to our CwDT setup. Sorry about that haha.

Fixed and well :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
First and foremost, I have to say, this guide is awesome for new players. I only recently started playing the game (pretty much just this past week), and this guide has been extremely helpful. I have consulted other guides, but for the most part they all expect you to have advanced knowledge of the game going into it, and none of them explain their choices, they just say, "You have to do it this way".

Most in particular I tried a necromancer type build earlier on my first Witch, and the explanation was so vague I was pretty much lost when I hit level 40, had extremely little damage to my name, and couldn't hardly clear anything without the help of a group.

Your leveling guide alone for passives has helped me out so much, I don't have to constantly worry about refunding points and backtracking, I can just move forward in a somewhat linear path.

All this being said, I'm now a level 63 Elementalist and I just completed the Cruel Labs solo. I'm sure my stats aren't anything to write home about, but I have been following your advice on gear as well, so I'm sitting at roughly:
2400 HP
530 ES
71% Fire Resist
69% Cold
75% Lightning
-12% Chaos (been rough trying to find chaos resist gear)

This is on Cruel difficulty mind you. My gem setup is less then optimal, but I believe I have the basics down for Firestorm at least. So far I just have Spell Echo, Fire Pen, and Faster Casting Support. I'm also using Iron Will Support cause my chest piece has 3 blue's and 2 reds (all linked). Again I know it's not optimal, but so far it's working for me.

My biggest problem right now though is trying to find a decent enough upgrade with the right sockets and/or links on it. Now being new to this game, I'm going to guess I can use the Jeweler's Orb, Orb of Fusing, and Chromatic Orb to eventually get what I want, but my question would be when do I start to worry about that? Should I wait till I'm higher level with possibly better drops?

Mind you I don't have much in terms of these orbs, total of 30 jeweler's, 10 fusing, and 127 chromatic (mostly thanks to the item filter thing and turning in the r/b/g socketed stuff). I also haven't dabbled in the whole trading community yet, so I'm sure I could mix and match there with more success.

Should I just be on the lookout for Normal Items with the sockets I want and try to upgrade those through Orb's of Alchemy? Any tips would be appreciated.
Need some advise, what items do you think should I upgrade? currnetly at leel 73, 3k+hp 1k ES. Firestorms tooltip only at 1.1k. TIA

Spoiler
"
Iggi00 wrote:
First and foremost, I have to say, this guide is awesome for new players. I only recently started playing the game (pretty much just this past week), and this guide has been extremely helpful. I have consulted other guides, but for the most part they all expect you to have advanced knowledge of the game going into it, and none of them explain their choices, they just say, "You have to do it this way".

Most in particular I tried a necromancer type build earlier on my first Witch, and the explanation was so vague I was pretty much lost when I hit level 40, had extremely little damage to my name, and couldn't hardly clear anything without the help of a group.

Your leveling guide alone for passives has helped me out so much, I don't have to constantly worry about refunding points and backtracking, I can just move forward in a somewhat linear path.

All this being said, I'm now a level 63 Elementalist and I just completed the Cruel Labs solo. I'm sure my stats aren't anything to write home about, but I have been following your advice on gear as well, so I'm sitting at roughly:
2400 HP
530 ES
71% Fire Resist
69% Cold
75% Lightning
-12% Chaos (been rough trying to find chaos resist gear)

This is on Cruel difficulty mind you. My gem setup is less then optimal, but I believe I have the basics down for Firestorm at least. So far I just have Spell Echo, Fire Pen, and Faster Casting Support. I'm also using Iron Will Support cause my chest piece has 3 blue's and 2 reds (all linked). Again I know it's not optimal, but so far it's working for me.

My biggest problem right now though is trying to find a decent enough upgrade with the right sockets and/or links on it. Now being new to this game, I'm going to guess I can use the Jeweler's Orb, Orb of Fusing, and Chromatic Orb to eventually get what I want, but my question would be when do I start to worry about that? Should I wait till I'm higher level with possibly better drops?

Mind you I don't have much in terms of these orbs, total of 30 jeweler's, 10 fusing, and 127 chromatic (mostly thanks to the item filter thing and turning in the r/b/g socketed stuff). I also haven't dabbled in the whole trading community yet, so I'm sure I could mix and match there with more success.

Should I just be on the lookout for Normal Items with the sockets I want and try to upgrade those through Orb's of Alchemy? Any tips would be appreciated.

I'm no pro, but I think as long as you capped the resistance, and able to kill mobs. Try not to worry about your gears. Start worrying when you are doing maps already
@Iggii00: Basically what Crazydude123 says: as long as you don't have any problems, don't worry too much about it. Although I usually start looking for good rings and amulets to get my resistance capped, Late act 2/Early act 3 merc.
I wouldn't use jewelers and fusings just yet btw, as you want to have loads of those when you do find that perfect armor. But chromes are just fine. I don't think Iron Will will do a lot for you btw, my bet is that increased duration will help more in the longer run(beter vs bosses etc)

@crazydude123: Did you craft that fire damage on your ring yourself? Keep in mind that that fire damage only works on attacks, not spells. Firestorm is a spell and thus won't benefit from that mod. Only %Fire will increase firestorms damage. Other than that, you might want to try finding an amulet with more life for now :)
I am a nice guy.
I have a quick question as a lvl 40 working though this guide.

Is there a reason not to take the elementalist passive while over getting light of divinity?

It seems decent for 1 skill point or is there an issue with the 5% chances to freeze shock or ignite breaking another part of the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info