[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

I use Vaal Discipline there to make use of the Increased Duration, that way ID works for both Immortal Call and Vaal Disc.
"
sliverlz wrote:
I use Vaal Discipline there to make use of the Increased Duration, that way ID works for both Immortal Call and Vaal Disc.

I see, smart.

Never tought of it that way :D
Interesting update regarding the CWDT max level setup. I found it unreliable and left CWDT at level 3 after vendoring them. IC is still .8s, and survivability has increased substantially in high end maps. Probably a preference thing, but when level 20 CWDT would trigger for me, it was basically too late to react. Depends on max hp of course, but I found this to be true even at 5.5k.
Interesting. I like the high CwDT since we do get a lot of leech from warlords mark. Even in T13/14 maps, I don't really have any trouble triggering it. Being max level, the gems attached are also stronger, so longer duration, more life regained for the minions, etc etc.

But it's an interesting take, I'll be sure to test it myself soon :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Completely agree about the benefits of leveling them. I guess it's down to what you want frost wall (or your choice) to indicate when you see it. I'd rather it say, "You're taking damage, you should back away and assess the situation," than "you've taken a ton of damage, spam your potions now now now." 3 is probably a bit low but I'm trying to test at each level as well. Something like level 7 would still trigger before you're in bad shape (1k hp loss) without being too spammy, and 118% IC duration. I haven't found the convocation regen to be impactful at all considering the zombies have 13k hp, but that's anecdotal as well.
Last edited by ℝelysis on Apr 6, 2016, 2:31:58 PM
Started this build today and I'm flying through stuff at the moment.

I have some questions that I didn't see in the gem section.

Are there any recommendations on when to stop leveling certain gems? I have been playing this game long and I seem to always run into issues with requirements and some CWDT setups.

Also a recommendation for the leveling guide thread. You should add a gem list in the separately for those who are looking for in instead of having to dig through the guide at certain parts.
Last edited by fallensinner on Apr 6, 2016, 9:18:33 PM
Guys - where did I go wrong? I only get up to 2.6k DMG.

How can I squeez more damage out of this? (Despite the obvious 6L)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by FatHorse on Apr 10, 2016, 9:57:27 PM
Looks like you only have flame golem, herald of thunder and anger running. In that case, ~2.6 is where I'd expect it to be. You might be able to squeeze out more spell damage by dumping the 22 firestorm/fire pen/anger in favor of a 1 hand shield combo, but it wouldn't change much. That 2.6 should tear through everything with overload and sorrow, where are finding the damage lacking? The only other thing I'd say is that Voidbringer might be killing your dps. I can't imagine being able to spam firestorm well with those.
Should I be worrying about armor at all with this build? There is one big issue I'm running into which is being stunned nearly every time I get hit by melee. I have +60% stun recovery with 2k HP.
Guys do you think is better Sorrow of The Divine or atziri's promise with this build? Tooltip says Atziri's, but i can't really understand what i gain from Sorrow of the divine. I mean i don't know well how zealot's and consacrated ground works.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info