First char - reached 50 but need help now

His resists are actually fine.

What's not fine is the almost complete lack of life on gear.

@Dave_The_Brave: Do start farming up for gear with life + resists stats. Get your health to a reasonable level (say 2000) and things should become much easier.
Thank you to Col_Jessep who found me in game and gifted a pretty nice weapon! Awesome community :-)

Hodari: I've spent a lot of time on the wiki, but I must have missed the bit about the resist penalties, thanks for pointing that out. Since it looks like I'm set weapon wise for now, I will definitely try to improve the Life situation.
You are welcome! Say hello to Piety from me when you hit her over the head with it.

One important thing you want to know about is the Chaos Vendor Recipe:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system#Full_Rare_Sets

If you sell a full set of rare gear with an item level of 60 or higher to the vendor you will get a chaos orb for it. So once you hit level 58 areas in Merciless difficulty (the cave with Fairgrave's All Flame and Merveil's cavern) these item begin to drop. A good place to farm them will be Fellshrine in Merciless. Keep all jewelry and belts that you don't use and collect those set to sell them. That way you will start collecting chaos orbs that you can use to trade for a nice chest piece or better weapon later on.

Another important thing: Once you reach Merciless your elemental resists will go down to -60%! So start looking for rings, amulets and belts with good resists and life on them. Good luck!
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
You're wearing a 4L white helmet. Ideal for throwing an orb of transmutation at and then alterations until you hit +xx to life. You could also try using an orb of alchemy on it and see if you like the result.

You could add Weapone Elemental Damage to your sweep (if you're using it) or melee physical damage.
And yes, getting some life on your gear is key. Your resistances look OK, although I didn't go and add them all up.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"

Hodari: I've spent a lot of time on the wiki, but I must have missed the bit about the resist penalties, thanks for pointing that out. Since it looks like I'm set weapon wise for now, I will definitely try to improve the Life situation.

Always nice to see someone actually politely asking for help(especially only AFTER they've at least made a reasonable attempt at researching on their own to find the answer) and asking intelligent questions rather than just going straight to whining that the game's too hard just because THEY didn't even bother trying to figure out something obvious. There's a huge amount of stuff to learn in this game, but keep that attitude up and you should do well.
You should also get more utility skills, leap slam with faster attack and fortify for movement, a curse, immortal call, bloodrage. Most of these are dirt cheap at the vendors.
Melee physical would also be better than slower proj for your molten strike.
Replace slower projectiles in your molten strike with life gain on hit, it will reduce the damage a tiny bit, but make you incredibly tanky vs single targets.

Choose what skill you want to utilize and commit to it. Currently you seem to have a sweep in your mace, but at the same time you have a 4-linked ice crash so i think the sweep is not seeing much use?

Preferably you will want

1) single target
2) aoe pack clearing skill
3) movement skill
4) utility skills

You are lacking a movement skill at the moment, like the post above me suggest's a leap slam with fortify linked to it will help you immensely(fortify reduces damage by 20%)

Focus your gear on life + resistances (you can use transmutes on rings and augmentations + alterations if you have some) alternatively you can simply check rare loot that drops for this combination and fill in the holes.

Are you aware the vendor can sell you gems to use? Look for the vendor that sells flasks and jewelry, he will have a secondary page in his shop which contains gems. Try to buy some appropriate ones and fully utilize the links you have. Every different act will have different gems for you to buy, they also gain a %of your experience so you don't have to start leveling them from nothing.

Get a granite potion if you don't have one already(sorry forgot to check this) it will help you out against tougher physical enemy's.

To buy some gear visit this page

And select life + resistances, you can probably buy some really cheap upgrades there for like 1 chaos if you have that.
(note : if you can manage, you are correct to wait and save your currency, usually you will find some rares with life + resist naturally while progressing)

Do you know you can use currency on the lockboxes that appear in the game? Try to keep some transmutes/augmentations and alterations on your character for when you encounter such a box. You can roll some cool stuff that way.

When you find a jewelry box, aim to roll for + rare items, those might provide you with an upgrade.
And if you have a vaal orb, go to town when you find a jewelry box, use some currency on it if necessary and then at the end use the vaal orb on it.

The vaal orb will corrupt all the content of the box itself and there is a good chance that it will create some rare items for you this way.
(note: do not do this if you roll + rare items on the box though, that would be a waste :) )

Hope this helped sir.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
some important stuff you might need to work on

1. resistances, try to get your fire/cold/lightning resistances to 75, dont mind chaos res since you will most likley stay on a negative (chaos is hard to resist but do less damage) some chaos res is always welcome but dont strave too hard for it, max res will get you far

2. armor, as a marauder you will almost aleays go for descent armor, especially if you are a melee build, you will be up close always getting hit by physical damage and armor gives damage reduction vs physical damage. This is also the most potent damage in the game and the most common from mobs.

3. life, marauders start in the middle of the str part of the skilltree, this means it is a full life based character, some builds use some evasion, but life is what you want. ontop of that lifeleech for high dps builds and liferegen for lower dps builds.

4. block, if your going 1hand and shield, get a high block shield. block is a super effective damage reducer, even without any passives a 30% block shield will remove almost a third of all incoming damage exept for spelldamage, but spells are elemental mostly and that we counter with resistances.

idk what build you run but, the idea is simple on a basic marauder: armor pieces with high armor having life and resistances adds.

i recommend using shield/1hand, the damage is lower but you will survive alot more, your damage comes from weapon/support gems and passives. get a 1 hand weapon with as high dps as possible, a 1 hander cant have as many sockets but your armor can so, put your main attack skill in the armor and put in those support gems, a 4 link is super easy to make, 5 linking is probably not worth it until you get to endgame and can affort it.

hope this helps, remember get max resistances!

EDIT: get some good flasks with remove curse and remove bleed and use when hit bu puncture and cursed for example, might make a world of difference
Set sail for epic fail
Last edited by Plaguetongue1 on Oct 23, 2015, 9:09:21 PM
Thank you for all the help and answers, this is tremendous and gives me what I need to move forward. Haven't had much time to play since yesterday but tonight's the night :-)

Meta-question: is there a way to subscribe to threads?
"
Thank you for all the help and answers, this is tremendous and gives me what I need to move forward. Haven't had much time to play since yesterday but tonight's the night :-)

Meta-question: is there a way to subscribe to threads?

Not that I am aware of, but you can go to your profile and check the threads you have created or posted in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info