[2.2] Poor Man's guide to big wand CoC - 200K Dps and Atziri on a 5L

What is the passive skill allocation priority?

I'm not sure that if I focus on life in the beginning whether I would be able to pull the build off. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks for providing a CoC build for 2.1!

EDIT: Also, what would be the preferred way to level? Flame Totem requires strength which is in short supply...

EDIT2: I found that Freeze Pulse + Added Cold Damage is good until you get Glacial Cascade at which point you pwn mid-level content. You would need a low lvl clarity (3-4-5) + ideally an Elreon ring/amulet to help with mana cost. Blasphemy + Frostbite is nice, but low lvls of both jewels mean you have to be right next to the mobs. I recommend casting whatever curse manually until it gets to lvl 10+.

As for the passives I went for health first and after lvl 40 I started taking crit nodes.
Last edited by horizon21 on Dec 13, 2015, 10:17:42 AM
"
horizon21 wrote:
What is the passive skill allocation priority?

I'm not sure that if I focus on life in the beginning whether I would be able to pull the build off. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks for providing a CoC build for 2.1!

EDIT: Also, what would be the preferred way to level? Flame Totem requires strength which is in short supply...

EDIT2: I found that Freeze Pulse + Added Cold Damage is good until you get Glacial Cascade at which point you pwn mid-level content. You would need a low lvl clarity (3-4-5) + ideally an Elreon ring/amulet to help with mana cost. Blasphemy + Frostbite is nice, but low lvls of both jewels mean you have to be right next to the mobs. I recommend casting whatever curse manually until it gets to lvl 10+.

As for the passives I went for health first and after lvl 40 I started taking crit nodes.

I have updated the main post with the leveling skill tree's. Focus is of course getting as much crit as possible as fast as possible to allow yourself the ability to start using CoC at around level 40.

I level using bow's usually, and with the new shrapnel shot this is made a lot easier.
Hi, nice looking guide, think I will give this a go in Talisman once I've finished farming up cards for a Tabula Rasa. Just wondering if the spell list is up to date for 2.1? If not how would you rate Arc & Freezing Pulse since the buffs? Also is there anything else not on the list that could be worth levelling up to test out, was thinking of EK for example.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Dec 14, 2015, 7:02:42 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Hi, nice looking guide, think I will give this a go in Talisman once I've finished farming up cards for a Tabula Rasa. Just wondering if the spell list is up to date for 2.1? If not how would you rate Arc & Freezing Pulse since the buffs? Also is there anything else not on the list that could be worth levelling up to test out, was thinking of EK for example.

I need to update that section. Arc is pretty amazing now, and I'm considering swapping out one of my other spells for it. Probably fireball, though not entirely sure will need to do some testing.

I can report that EK is still crap.

Freezing pulse looks really interesting, the added projectile speed per level makes it far more appealing, along with the increase in damage and its 1.25 multiplier this might be a solid replacement for arctic breath as your defensive spell. A bit of projectile speed on jewels/wand would be a nice benefit for this skill.

Also Storm Call, Spark and Ball Lightning might be worth looking into. It may be possible to run three lightning spells + Wrath.

Nice Build mate. Will there be some more details to doing atziri with this setup?
"
keroc wrote:
Nice Build mate. Will there be some more details to doing atziri with this setup?

I guess I could do a section on it. Basically, take 4 utility flasks with you.

1x Topaz
1x Ruby
2x Granite

All rolled with surgeons and removes bleeding if possible.

For the Vaal, you want your Topaz flask, you'll hammer the first vaal to about 10% then change to the second and try to kill them both at the same time. Use your Topaz when/if you start to get lazered.

Swap to your granite flasks. When you reach the champs, you need to kill them in this order.
Ranged Chick First
Dual Striker Second
Cycloner Third
Any other order will get you killed.

For Atziri, slot in your ruby and topaz flasks. You are going to want to burst her down as quickly as possible using your pots to tank the damage she dishes out.

Pretty simple formula really.

Last edited by AngryCustard on Dec 14, 2015, 6:43:34 PM
"
AngryCustard wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:

I need to update that section. Arc is pretty amazing now, and I'm considering swapping out one of my other spells for it. Probably fireball, though not entirely sure will need to do some testing.

I can report that EK is still crap.

Freezing pulse looks really interesting, the added projectile speed per level makes it far more appealing, along with the increase in damage and its 1.25 multiplier this might be a solid replacement for arctic breath as your defensive spell. A bit of projectile speed on jewels/wand would be a nice benefit for this skill.

Also Storm Call, Spark and Ball Lightning might be worth looking into. It may be possible to run three lightning spells + Wrath.

Cheers that's good to know, Arc & FP are 2 of my favorite spells. Anyway, leveling up a wide variety so I can see what works best for me later.
"
AngryCustard wrote:
"
keroc wrote:

I guess I could do a section on it. Basically, take 4 utility flasks with you.

1x Topaz
1x Ruby
2x Granite

All rolled with surgeons and removes bleeding if possible.

For the Vaal, you want your Topaz flask, you'll hammer the first vaal to about 10% then change to the second and try to kill them both at the same time. Use your Topaz when/if you start to get lazered.

Swap to your granite flasks. When you reach the champs, you need to kill them in this order.
Ranged Chick First
Dual Striker Second
Cycloner Third
Any other order will get you killed.

For Atziri, slot in your ruby and topaz flasks. You are going to want to burst her down as quickly as possible using your pots to tank the damage she dishes out.

Pretty simple formula really.

Thanks, but not quite what i was looking for. I know how atziri works, but i was looking for gem setups (maybe aura changes) and how high the dmg gems should be, minimum life pool, if 6l is needed ...

I started using frenzy to generate power+frenzy charges so i can use 3 skills in coc setup. Not sure if it's better, but clearspeed went up by alot.

"
RandallPOE wrote:

Cheers that's good to know, Arc & FP are 2 of my favorite spells. Anyway, leveling up a wide variety so I can see what works best for me later.

This is the best approach, level a bunch of spells you're interested in using. Try them all out and find a group that works for you.

Freezing Pulse Arc works amazingly well. I was hitting over 9K per hit with freezing pulse, the 20/20 range is pretty impressive.

I am likely to rung Arc, FP, Arctic breath as my main three. Solid damage + defense through chill/freeze.

"
keroc wrote:

Thanks, but not quite what i was looking for. I know how atziri works, but i was looking for gem setups (maybe aura changes) and how high the dmg gems should be, minimum life pool, if 6l is needed ...

I started using frenzy to generate power+frenzy charges so i can use 3 skills in coc setup. Not sure if it's better, but clearspeed went up by alot.

I would not run Atziri till I was at least level 85 with a life pool of over 5.5K.

I am super lazy so I don't change my skill setup at all for any of the fights. I would want my spells to be at least level 19 and putting out 5K per hit per spell.

Gaining frenzy charges is nice but be careful you don't overspeed your attack and actually lose cast speed. You're limited to 20casts a second, and there is a pause between barrages. Gaining frenzy power charges using an alternate attack is a neat idea, but I'm lazy and would find this annoying, but it if works for you then it's a great space saver.

****Updated the Skill review sections with new skill ratings post 2.1****
Last edited by AngryCustard on Dec 15, 2015, 8:37:03 PM
Are you using volley fire jewels? Wouldnt this make this build that more op?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info