[2.2] Poor Man's guide to big wand CoC - 200K Dps and Atziri on a 5L

Hey there rerolled my 94 scion in standard but i decided to change a bit your gem setup for my needs.
I'm using HoI / HoT + Curse on hit + Warlord's mark ( suggested by " FHPT " in this thread ) wich give me an insane amount of life and mana leeched ( with vaal pact ).

I don't need and don't use clarity since it's always nice to get some phys / fire damage reduction so i use arctic armour on top of that and it fit perfectly with my endurance charges generated by warlord's mark aswell ( 4% phys damage reduction per charge ).

Summon ice golem is helpful too.

One jewel with +2 mana on hit is enough on top of that and work perfectly.

Crit chance with power charge and two yolo wands: 92.8%
Mana problems: No
Life leech problem: No
Unlucky reflect mob outofscreen: I don't mind

Note: This is not the most optimized way to go but it work just fine up to tier 13 maps without much troubles except some bosses fights at all.

Helio
Hf :)
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Hey there rerolled my 94 scion in standard but i decided to change a bit your gem setup for my needs.
I'm using HoI / HoT + Curse on hit + Warlord's mark ( suggested by " FHPT " in this thread ) wich give me an insane amount of life and mana leeched ( with vaal pact ).

Thanks! I'd been trying the HOT+coh+AM setup to replace my pcoc, but it wasn't nearly consistent enough...

Bosses always seem to be the trouble

How do I search poe.trade for jewels with mana on hit? It doesn't seem to be one of the possibilities...

Kevin
Last edited by fantasydreaming on Dec 31, 2015, 7:02:32 PM
Does anyone know if it's better to switch a gem to arc when fighting bosses? Since arc is technically single target, it will do more damage than a fireball linked to greater multiple projectile?

I have a 5 link and the 2 spells I'm using are arctic breath and fireball, but I could also take out greater multiple projectiles when fighting the boss, the only problem here is Arc is a blue gem and GMP is green.
"
Akuq wrote:
Does anyone know if it's better to switch a gem to arc when fighting bosses? Since arc is technically single target, it will do more damage than a fireball linked to greater multiple projectile?

I have a 5 link and the 2 spells I'm using are arctic breath and fireball, but I could also take out greater multiple projectiles when fighting the boss, the only problem here is Arc is a blue gem and GMP is green.

It will depend on a couple of things. If you have a lot of projectile damage on jewels then your gmp projectile might still do more damage. However arc will shock whereas your projectile might not.

You don't want to take out gmp even against single target coz you're letting more procs from gmp even against a single target.
Hey there, I was thinking of making a CoC wand build, and came across your thread. Fining a random 6S Volls Protector, I began fusing it till it hit 6L. While coloring however, this happened.

GGGGBB

So im wondering, should I recolor? or keep these colors.

I initially thought using CoC + Barrage + GMP + Fireball + Arctic Breath + Bladefall.

It would mean Bladefall does not benefit from GMP, but still has decent AoE and damage. Theres also other green gem spells like Blade Vortex and EK.

Any ideas?
"
Heli0nix wrote:

I don't need and don't use clarity since it's always nice to get some phys / fire damage reduction so i use arctic armour on top of that and it fit perfectly with my endurance charges generated by warlord's mark aswell ( 4% phys damage reduction per charge ).

One jewel with +2 mana on hit is enough on top of that and work perfectly.

Tried this out and it works really nice, got enough spare mana after HoI/HoT/AA to use a level 2 Clarity as well since I have a spare gem slot and it makes curse immune rares less annoying. For curse immune map mod I just switch to a ring with -8 mana cost of skills.

Something else i am using which is nice for a quick escape or to reposition when stuff gets too close is Lightning Warp/Faster Cast/Less Duration. Once the gems are leveled you really don't notice the delay on Lightning Warp.
"
AngryCustard wrote:
"
Akuq wrote:

It will depend on a couple of things. If you have a lot of projectile damage on jewels then your gmp projectile might still do more damage. However arc will shock whereas your projectile might not.

You don't want to take out gmp even against single target coz you're letting more procs from gmp even against a single target.

Thanks. I decided to just use arc and arctic breath instead.
What do you guys prefer on your jewels?
"
raadikins123 wrote:
Hey there, I was thinking of making a CoC wand build, and came across your thread. Fining a random 6S Volls Protector, I began fusing it till it hit 6L. While coloring however, this happened.

GGGGBB

So im wondering, should I recolor? or keep these colors.

I initially thought using CoC + Barrage + GMP + Fireball + Arctic Breath + Bladefall.

It would mean Bladefall does not benefit from GMP, but still has decent AoE and damage. Theres also other green gem spells like Blade Vortex and EK.

Any ideas?

Bladefall is your best option and it benefits from gmp caste rate, but doesn't suffer the damage loss. So it may work out very well for you. Also physical damage spells are stupid good as they're damage is not resisted as much. Just look out for reflect.
I'm having huge problems with Single targets especially bosses, it basically takes forever sometimes.

I'm having a 5L with Arctic breath + fireball, 87% crit on barrage with 6 charges.
Any solution to single target?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info