[2.2] Poor Man's guide to big wand CoC - 200K Dps and Atziri on a 5L

It seems i was wrong. Made tests myself and confirmed - GMP does NOT increase BAT for barrage. Maybe, it did in the past, but it isnt an issue ATM.
However, GMP will push your interval between projectile behind CoC cooldown (0.05 sec), but that's completely a different story.

Many builds require specific uniques, and this is one of them. That doesnt make them worse for beginners as long as required items are easy to obtain. And surely, everyone can obtain Tabula Rasa.

The main con of this build for beginners is that you cant play CoC while leveling. You have to get enough crit passives and 5-L (or Tabula) to make it work properly. So, leveling can be an issue for beginners.

As for "glass cannon style" - well, sure, there are tankier builds, but CoC can have enough tankiness if built properly.

About reflect - well, smart players use resist potions, spell dodge (Vaal Grace) and life leech to mitigate it. That works.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
For a newer player, AngryCustard's bow build would probably be a better choice.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386577

Don't worry, it also makes lots of things die very quickly.
Great guide! I really enjoyed reading it AMD trying it out :)

Have you tried Dyadian Dawn Heavy Belt or do you think it'd work using Arctic breath and fireball?

I'm currently level 50 (didn't habe time to play really) and got probs keeping up my power Charges since i don't have voll's or tabula yet and am using assassins Mark + coh + HoT + HoI / chain (gotta evaluate which is Vetter). Have you tried getting power Charges just by using assassins Mark and did it work out?

greets
calle
"
EcstAcy_CaLLe wrote:
Great guide! I really enjoyed reading it AMD trying it out :)

Have you tried Dyadian Dawn Heavy Belt or do you think it'd work using Arctic breath and fireball?

I'm currently level 50 (didn't habe time to play really) and got probs keeping up my power Charges since i don't have voll's or tabula yet and am using assassins Mark + coh + HoT + HoI / chain (gotta evaluate which is Vetter). Have you tried getting power Charges just by using assassins Mark and did it work out?

greets
calle

Dyadian Dawn Heavy Belt offers nothing but decent stats (life, str, dual res) for this build. You can use it but eventually, a rare belt will be better.

Getting power charges with HoI/HoT and AM is possible (i do it myself), but it's unreliable - you will often lose your charges, and for a build, that so heavily relies upon them, it's hardly acceptable. I use EE so i chosen HoT, will probably link Increased AoE to it (it's more needed than chain, actually - to curse enemies far away).

When new Blasphemy support comes to live, it may solve many problems CoC currently has. For example, you can put Warlord's Mark to aura and have all Life Leech you need. Furthermore, you can use expensive Kinetic Blast cause you gain Mana Leech as well...
Or you can put there Assassin's Mark...

BTW, EE makes wonders with Fireball + Ice Spear (without quality) combo. Both have same projectile speed, ensuring sequentional hits even from distance.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 11, 2015, 4:37:18 AM
Thanks for your reply. I'll use a rare belt then.

I've noticed its unreliability and will switch to Voll's / Tabula as soon as I got enough money. It'll be the better option and use CoH / Blasphemy with WM.

I guess you have a 6L with Arctic Breath - Fireball - Ice Spear? I thought about going to EE but only got a 5L ATM so no Ice Spear for me.
I've been using DD, and it works, but a good rare rare would be better.
"
EcstAcy_CaLLe wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I'll use a rare belt then.

I've noticed its unreliability and will switch to Voll's / Tabula as soon as I got enough money. It'll be the better option and use CoH / Blasphemy with WM.

I guess you have a 6L with Arctic Breath - Fireball - Ice Spear? I thought about going to EE but only got a 5L ATM so no Ice Spear for me.

Linking 3 spells to COC isnt really needed. You will have more than enough DPS with just 2 spells. Consitency is what you really need.

Actually, the only chest that fullfills all requirements for this build, is 6-link Voll's Protector. It allows stable charge generation, using GMP and life leech gem. With 5-link Voll or Tabula you either lose Life Leech gem or GMP, or stable charge generation.

You can use Atziri's flasks for life leech, but Flasks tend to expire, and unlike Surgeon flasks, those cant be refilled quickly in combat.

For my EE build, Blasphemy will be a true lifesaver. I dont have any decent aura options anyways.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 11, 2015, 3:18:31 PM
Great guide and comments!

Currently running this in the Darkshrine league. A few thoughts from my experience:

When you have the currency, don't spend it all on a Voll's to start, unless it already has the correct links and colours, as you may struggle to get 3 linked green sockets. Better to buy a Tabula or a cheap 6-link ES+EV chest to start playing the build and go from there.

Get a single piece of -8 Elreon jewellery as soon as you can. That will be enough to sustain your level 1 barrage, even in low regen maps. I was having a few mana issues prior to this.

I am running Herald of Ice + Thunder, linked to Curse on Hit and Warlord's Mark. The two heralds give me more of a dps boost than Anger, for the same mana, with the added bonus effects. Warlord's Mark helps in low/no regen maps, and also gives Endurance Charges for CWDT/Immortal Call setup. Currently running HoI, HoT and Purity of Elements - no need for Clarity with the above setup.

Currently running with Arctic Breath and Fireball, but have also levelled up Arc and Ice Spear, and played around a bit. If I ever get a 6-link Voll's, I'll probably add Arc as the third spell, for the shock effect.
"
fhpt wrote:

When you have the currency, don't spend it all on a Voll's to start, unless it already has the correct links and colours, as you may struggle to get 3 linked green sockets. Better to buy a Tabula or a cheap 6-link ES+EV chest to start playing the build and go from there.

Truer than ever,
Actually, you NEVER want 5-link Voll for this build, because 6-link Tabula (or even better - cheap 6-link chest) can do same power charge generation with PCoC gem, but has no drawbacks, no colour problems and +20% crit chance from quality gem.

"
fhpt wrote:

Get a single piece of -8 Elreon jewellery as soon as you can. That will be enough to sustain your level 1 barrage, even in low regen maps. I was having a few mana issues prior to this.

А jewel with "+2 mana per hit" mod does the same job actually, and even better (up to 16 mana per attack). No need to waste your ring slot.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
New 2.1 Skill Tree Up
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAt9a-vNtZguQtqJARsZC-gIqve8ODCUrIb55uqspK8bOcpLXyX7BLV4cTNZKbtcDjdwfYvcM6hMUkiw-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13ybWy1SOywjAu5fDY9napsjA5I44QN0WNDEZYHHpUu8NVJUX_GoqPB85UgLR9MsyBuUDDbXgQHg9tVxjpYIuro1gW1jb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCUUfnVCT9_97e-KR4wdUwfI19I_ZNkmKsmyYyAbIZz3r-j03jplc31O0_0B_v62sXvOrAVGpDUXSO6aaZkye-iqEv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info