Enhancing Poison

"
ihasmario wrote:
"
raics wrote:
See? DoT isn't pointless as a concept, it just needs to be strong enough, PA and pre-nerf prolif builds prove that.

Power doesn't infer purpose.

I like Damage Over Time as a concept, but it is riddled with problems. PA and pre-nerf prolif being an example. GGG knows this - that's why they're making changes. I think they should pull the concept from the game until they get it right, rather than continuously rebalancing with bandaid patches. Or alternatively put all changes into a large patch. Making durations matter would be the first big step they have to take (if they have the same vision as DoT as me).

I'd like to see more negative effects on the passive tree; slower projectiles, reduced skill duration. They would be build enabling: the latter for any DoT if it was made to be duration dependent (eg. making it more potent/fast at the expense of certain benefits)

Change to poison is great, because it has previously been an absolutely terrible mechanic. If they add flat damage poison it will end up like poison arrow, and if it's a percentage of the original hit you'll be better off just doing regular hits with faster skills. The Bino style prolif is good, but I think they can do more to it without invalidating a user designed unique

Oh, I think it's just a matter of hitting the sweet spot between 'OP' and 'not worth the wait', and the target area isn't really all that small.

Tell you honestly, I don't actually dig their poison stacking idea either, it's just giving it a warmup time before it starts to do any substantial amount of damage, which would only exacerbate the waiting issue. Maybe a new type of mods 'poison works % faster' would be interesting because it would multiply dps at the expense of duration like we have for ignite on some uniques.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 19, 2015, 4:20:24 PM
Will Binos and the one bow go up in value then. Mad rush to get them I'm sure.
Since this is starting to look more and more like Diablo, do we get a pair of unique "stinky pants" to go with these skills? It'd only be right. :D
Last edited by minimejulia5 on Oct 19, 2015, 4:51:10 PM
"
Cainnan wrote:
Will Binos and the one bow go up in value then. Mad rush to get them I'm sure.

So far seems some prices are starting to uptick already.

Voltaxic Rift
Apep Rage Wand
Consuming dark
Snakebite
Bino's
Toss a Chaos to your Leader
OH Red Maps a Plenty
oh Red Maps a Plenty
OHHH
INB4 "Chaos Arrow".

Glad to hear poison arrow will remain unaffected. I'm really attached to my Solo MF P/A.
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
new META poison DU DUUUU
Yes! I love DoT builds! Maybe now I'll see some real use out of different DoT mechanics.
I am curious, what kind of eta are we looking at roughly at these awesome changes? A week?A month? 6 months?
OH Red Maps a Plenty
oh Red Maps a Plenty
OHHH
"
lunaticwoda wrote:
I am curious, what kind of eta are we looking at roughly at these awesome changes? A week?A month? 6 months?

I heared it will be ready just one day after they finished the trading system. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
lunaticwoda wrote:

I heared it will be ready just one day after they finished the trading system. ^^

So... never?
OH Red Maps a Plenty
oh Red Maps a Plenty
OHHH

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info