PoE Melbourne Meet Up

i think someone is forgetting a awesome shirt that was given away as well one that was signed by everyone i wonder who won that and where the photo is wink wink nudge nudge
I've just received the photos today (Thanks Charan) and will post a summary write-up later today (damn it... work getting in the way of life's important things). :)
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Hi All,

Drawing your attention away from the Darkshrine shenanigans for a moment. It’s time to provide a wrap-up summary of the recent “PoE Melbourne Meetup” held last weekend.

Over 25 people attended with a handful of players unable to make it due to IRL commitments. Still we were pretty impressed with the turnout, since GGG staff were not present as with past meetups, so a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who attended. A couple of special shout-outs:

• McSwagger... from the USA, who was working in Melbourne at the time, came along to join in the social fun.
  • Caliginosus... from Germany, who was travelling through Melbourne and also joined us to provide some international flavour.

Outside of that a few people flew in from other Australian States and a few others made 2-6 hour commutes from rural towns. Forget PAX Aus, the PoE Meetup was where it was at. The meetup kicked off at 6:30pm and it wasn’t surprising to see that Steelmage was the first to arrive - Steel it wasn’t a race… kek!

On arrival each attendee was issued with:

• A (PoE account) name sticker... a lesson learnt from previous meetups to make it SO much easier to identify/approach people.
  • A PoE Rhoa Sticker
  • A PoE Logo Sticker
  • A Koala MTX code to redeem those damn cute pets in game.
  • A raffle number for the major prize draw

Of course beers (or Divination Distillates) were the drink of choice as shown here by BLOW Guild Leader Rockdog:
Spoiler

Members kept arriving for the next hour, or so, and as they exchanged stories (PoE or otherwise) beers were sunk and American styled food consumed. Around 8:00pm we held the major prize draw that consisted of some awesome PoE swag (on top of the Stickers and Koala MTXs) kindly provided by GGG:

- 3 x Runner-Up prizes... exclusive Brutus Artwork print… signed by the three GGG founders: Erik, Jonathan and Chris.
Spoiler

- 1 x Grand Prize... a PoE T-Shirt...signed by every GGG employee known to exist.
Spoiler

NOTE: The raffle number stubs were placed into a champagne bucket (hey, it is horse racing Season in Melbourne, so it seemed suitable) and I drew the numbers, as I happily excluded myself from the draw.

THE WINNERS (3 runners up and 1 final winner)

- 1st Drawn Runner up: Winterz
Spoiler

- 2nd Drawn Runner up: Puke
Spoiler

- 3rd Drawn Runner up: deefa
- Grand Prize Winner: PC User
Spoiler

Congratulations to all prize winners. There were handful of spare Stickers and Koala MTX codes, which we will look to distribute to other players where possible.

The night kicked on, and it absolutely flew by, as people mingled, and before we knew it was closing time at 1am. Many people started calling it a night and a few others found another bar to continue the evening.

Some extra pictures (all Left to Right)

Kaysee and Prpnnightmate chilling
Spoiler

StaxL, Charan, Rockdog and Domoleus posing
Spoiler

Mike, PC User and Crimsion in the foreground
Spoiler

Together these 6 people form Steelmage kappa (Badword, Mike, Sharmo, Puke, StaxL and the legit Steelmage)
Spoiler

Finally some HUGE HUGE THANK YOUS:

BEX – for her fabulous support, engagement with us and arranging others within GGG to sign the prizes.
DEEFA - for helping plan and run this POE get together: including finding us a perfect venue and semi-pub crawl afterwards.
CHARAN - for his help, his ever present willingness to help, for liaising with GGG in arranging some super swag and for being the part-time paparazzi on the night.
ALL ATTENDEES - again thank you for everyone who made the effort to attend and fully contribute on the night… I can’t recall anyone “sitting in a corner”, as everyone was totally engaged.
GGG - for your continued support, kindness to the community and hard work in what you create.
My WIFE - for putting up with a sleep deprived Husband on Sunday and supporting my “geekness”.

PS - on the night everyone individually stated they were comfortable with being named in photos. If this has changed and would like your name redacted please PM me.
Last edited by Kaysee on Nov 6, 2015, 10:44:27 PM
Wish I could have gone, looks like you guys had fun!
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
Apologies in advance for the lack of decent photos. I suck at these things when I'm a part of them.

You did a great job mate... far better than phone photos. :)
thumbs up guys!
and beers. cheers :)
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Awesome job. Looks like a great time was had!
Awesome! :D Looks like it was a really fun event. It's awesome put some faces to names!
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Awesome! :D Looks like it was a really fun event. It's awesome put some faces to names!

so ... yeah, we still have only the nice voice of yours ;)

on the other hand, i'm sucessfully avoiding photos of mine in the internet as well. there was a time where it was fancy to be known in the internet and there will be times where it's fancy to not appear in there at all.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 6, 2015, 3:58:43 AM
Absolutely awesome !

Thanks for the run down on events Kaysee,just awesome.

Great pics really gave me a sense of the vibe there.I feel a lot less bummed that I couldn't attend and meet you guys,perhaps if/when the next is closer to home it will happen.

Edit: Just logged back in to say that this thread really turned my day around from crappy to pretty darn chirpy.

Last edited by Temper on Nov 5, 2015, 10:21:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info