2.0.4b Patch Notes

New cards are nice. Will give something new to discover and anything, even small, is nice to see to help performance.
Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
cool
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
I didn't know the TX servers were in Dallas. I'm in Dallas, and got booted repeatedly last night. Naturally, I first blamed it on my isp. Might be the same isp. I hope not.

I don't understand why Cindiq the inescapable is now escapable! :( Wasn't fast the whole point of this crazy monster?

Should change his name to Cindiq the now fully escapeable.
Censored.
"
JalapenoBuck wrote:
It's a very simple question: Is the number of cards entering the economy going to be more or less. If less, this change is bad.

Which you don't know yet so you can't hardly claim nerf in caps yet.
"
Chris wrote:
Version 2.0.4b

Divination Cards:
  • The Divination Cards: The Brittle Emperor, The Gemcutter, Doedre's Madness and The Conduit have been changed so that they drop from either specific Bosses or Strongboxes.

While I can agree with the thematic element for the divination cards... I just hope that this is balanced with a probability increase; already I'm seeing the cards having what feels like a smaller impact on the game than they did just when 2.0 came out. It's not like Doedre's Madness has the chance to give you a particularly valuable result; the best item, Doedre's Damning, is still easily had for 1c or less.

Similarly, The Gemcutter change worries me. So far I'd felt it was the ONLY good currency card, as it felt like a good "beginner's" option, as it had a decently-valuable yield, and was reasonably farmable. Much of a push and it becomes the new Rain of Chaos; a painful experience to get a joke of a reward.

That's what I really want to see; divination cards kept as something that can be a reasonable focus, rather than yet another thing that will significantly benefit those whom the RNG favors sufficiently, and just not a part of the game for almost everyone else.

"
Chris wrote:
Performance Improvements:
  • The game's memory consumption and startup time has been further reduced (by approximately 15%).

A long time coming, but important. Currently the game uses about 2.0-3.0 GB of memory for me... And if I play long enough, that inflates to upwards of 4.0 GB. Given the game is still 32-bit... It's starting to push dangerously close to having memory crashes on ANY system. (for others reading this... It doesn't matter if you're using Windows 7/10 Ultimate 64-bit and have 128 GB of RAM; if the program itself is 32-bit, the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM it can use will never pass 4.0 GB)

15% would be a serious improvement; that's talking 300-500 MB or so. This makes me curious, though... Where'd you find the place to make savings? Was it the audio portion? I'd discovered before that disabling the audio in the game entirely resulted in RAM savings of 1+ GB, which was utterly bizarre.

"
Chris wrote:
There are more performance improvements for ground effects that haven't yet passed quality assurance, so we'll be patching them in as soon as they're fully working. We were hoping to include them in this patch, but need to release this one, so they'll be coming in a few days.

Yes, hopefully we'll see some improvements on those. Partying has become a a painful experience. (as much as the race has made it necessary) Ground effects + tempests + shrines + any player spells (let alone discharge?) = Path of Exile is now a turn-based game.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Should change his name to Cindiq the now fully escapeable.

In all fairness, EK is one of the more BS moves that a boss can use on you, ESPECIALLY when spammed. I've not died (yet, at least) to Cindiq, but it's put a major damper when he DOES nearly kill me with a full combo of that, with little I can do to avoid it. It made him probably the worst offender of all Invasion bosses. (Spinerunner might be up there too, though, as he's close to a "build-wall" for those who aren't melee or trappers)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Oct 15, 2015, 10:51:01 AM
what happend to the ground effect changes in maps or was it in the last patch and i missed it. probably did since im not really playing till there is a end game system out there that is fun and not based off rng to be able to play it.
rawrawr
*deleted*
Last edited by Praise_Kuduku on Apr 19, 2023, 5:56:55 PM
gg
"
Basically, the connection to the rest of the world dropped from our Dallas servers. We complained, it got fixed, all was good again.

Alright thanks for info :)
Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info