Challenge League Post-mortems

Good to hear about the direction the new leagues will be taking, sounds like a lot of work has gone into it. MTX will certainly appeal to most of us, giving more reason to really work to get em all.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Bring it 40 challenges? Sign me the FUCK UP and hopefully you guys LEARN from the whole LOLOL CHALLENGES more like wealth gated challenges fuck yeah.

Now I don't have to help all of my friends do 8/8 now! or in this case 40/40

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3midhj/finished_88_as_a_casual_today_heres_my_feedback/?sort=new Thanks to Lysah for her feedback :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 9, 2015, 12:46:40 AM
Interesting stuff about having more challenges which presumably is to allow for some easy ones so that casual players can join in the excitement of winning some prizes. But I hope in designing the prizes, GGG takes care to not make it like an armour set such as in this one month league. And more like separate and relatively distinct rewards at each milestone. Having an incomplete set can be a crappy feeling.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Some good observations in here, and even though I don't play them, the changes to the upcoming leagues seem good.

Have you guys ever thought about adding any perm-league-specific challenges? Maybe something to keep people interested in playing inbetween temp leagues, or something harder for us long-term players to strive for.
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Oct 9, 2015, 1:09:15 AM
"
YEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Bring it 40 challenges? Sign me the FUCK UP and hopefully you guys LEARN from the whole LOLOL CHALLENGES more like wealth gated challenges fuck yeah.

Now I don't have to help all of my friends do 8/8 now! or in this case 40/40

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3midhj/finished_88_as_a_casual_today_heres_my_feedback/?sort=new Thanks to Lysah for her feedback :P

I still have no idea if I could have had enough determination to do the Div Card /// ID Uniques thing this past league.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Wow this is great news,

40/40 sounds awesome
"
Jerle wrote:
Interesting stuff about having more challenges which presumably is to allow for some easy ones so that casual players can join in the excitement of winning some prizes. But I hope in designing the prizes, GGG takes care to not make it like an armour set such as in this one month league. And more like separate and relatively distinct rewards at each milestone. Having an incomplete set can be a crappy feeling.

Agree. It might be a better idea to extend event-exclusive armor pieces by event season... like the 10 challenges threshold always nets "Event exclusive Set #1 armor piece" and the 20 challenges threshold is "Event exclusive set #2 armor piece" or whatever, so after 4 event seasons, one could conceivably have complete sets of several exclusive skins. If you're a casual player, you might only go for the 10 challenge set each season; if you're top tier, you might go for ALL those helmet skins in the "helmet skins" event. LOL.

Or offer a weapon skin at the first tier of challenges complete, a pet at the next, footprints at the next, and a full armor set for the top tier folks. Those challenges are hard! I think if a couple hundred out of a million manage to do them, an exclusive armor set would be pretty nice. As a casual player myself, I'd settle for just a weapon effect or pet or whatever cute lowbie thing I can manage.

Thank you for sharing all this, very interesting and I love where things are going.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
I like the idea of the challenge leagues being more similar, with the biggest difference being Standard/Hardcore. It better reflects the core leagues, and doesn't split the development team resources, nor the players as much. I'm a casual player and simply don't have the time to level a single character to Mapping, let along try Merciless content in two different leagues.

I really appreciate how inclusive this game is for both new/casual players as well as competitive/top-tier players. There is something for everyone, and that's why I keep supporting the game. You don't have to be leet, or a hoarder, or a trader to enjoy it.
holy s***.

i cant wait to sit down and read this.

thanks chris, and the ggg team for your constant efforts and communication to ensure your customers are having an enjoyable experience. we appreciate it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info