Challenge League Post-mortems

Interesting, thanks for sharing! My fav leagues are invasion and beyond <3
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
Last edited by IVIetal on Oct 9, 2015, 4:18:38 AM
"
Chris wrote:

Anarchy (Standard, June 2013):
[...]we failed to clearly communicate[...]

Giving players more information would result in a higher amount of quality instead of quantity feedback. There is no Reason why you shouldnt give us certain explanations.
The only reason I could think of is the "beyond" theme. (another dimension = players have to explore it) But even with a "beyond theme" we need at least the basic informations.

"
Chris wrote:

Some players expressed a dislike for "RNG-gating" challenges in this way. Other players noted that they enjoyed having specifically named goals in a challenge like this.[...]
From the Anarchy league, we learnt that RNG-gating is a useful tool but can be frustrating if balanced incorrectly.

Sorry but RNG-gating IS ALWAYS a really bad decision! Why? -> FRUSTRATION <-
"RNGusus doesnt love me!"
There are a variety of ways to reduce RNG-gating in other AARPGS/MMOS/diffrent games.
Don´t get me wrong the values of an items properties should be rng based but the could be a simple logic behind it so items wont be "useless" and just ok->BiS and not utterly useless->BiS therefore the chance of getting "upgrades" would be higher even if the droprate would be reduced.

"
Chris wrote:

Rampage (Standard, August 2014):
The Rampage league introduced the idea of kill streaks. It was not a particularly popular feature and was eventually not added to the core game except in certain niche circumstances.
We learnt that good challenge leagues involve the environment/monsters changing, rather than characters' abilities. We also noted that Rampage was the only league that made the core game easier without any additional challenge.

IMO Rampage was a really fun way of adding "speed" into poe the gameplay felt much faster and "rewarding"... Keeping the streak up was fun and a nice "flow" came into play.

my 2 cents
Last edited by XRacKS on Oct 9, 2015, 4:30:46 AM
One question: why Tempest was hc league and Warbands sc? Why not vice versa? What sc players got - one-shoting unkillable warbands leaders, which is 100x time harder then beyonds; what tempest players got - alot of fun and 6 six-links per zone without effort.
Superb post

Love this 'lessons learned' stuff.

Great job!
"Embrace the darkness"
"
Chris wrote:
It's too early to talk about specifics of this league, but we'll probably be announcing it alongside other new content later this year.

Does this mean there won't be another 1 month or 3 month league after the current 1 month?
Thx for the explanation, I'm really looking forward the next league :)
love the idea of implementing more challenges but with several easier one so that casual can reach stage 1 of reward, stage 2 would be for more enduring casual player, 3 for dedicated players and 4 for no lifers.
I was able only to complete 1 challenge (could have completed 2 but got bored) and i feel with the number of hours i played i should have been able to complete 4 out of the 8.
The RNG gatekeeping was just incredibly high in this tempest/warband league.
Played since beta and was never too keen on challenges until much later as it got better.

Loving the idea about mixed challenges instead of gating 1 challenge to softcore and another to hardcore.

I so wanted to try Tempest but with random lag spikes due to my fail ISP, I was deterred from trying hardcore on many occasions.

Next challenge league hypeeee!!!
[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
i just want to say that i hate "Beyond".

it does give better rewards with drop and xp, at the cost of sometimes spawning haast and instantly dieing

the point isnt that "haast" was to hard per say, it was more that you couldn't know what would spawn. extra rares was often easy to handle, some rare as well, but when one of those super bosses spawn there was builds that got butt **** pretty hard

now that "shotgunning" was removed, that didn't effect "vaal fireball" style of spells and you could still eat 10 ice balls in your face as a melee character before you even notice that you have a boss on you, as you normaly "cant dodge/block spells" you are often fucked :/

you could compare it to warbands, but in warbands you can plan ahead a bit more, and it is easier to grasp "oh here is a warband pack, lets take it easy" you could prepare slightly and even avoid them. where beyond was "wow all these goatmen so cool to kilOMG FUCKING NOOOO WHY DO YOU HAAST TO DO THIS NOOOOO" more in line with a PoE butt**** :(

i still avoid beyond like the plague in maps, i do play in the 1m during beyond but i really don't find it a fun mod at all.
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
More information later this year... Another subleague is that what u trying to do again?
GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info