NEED HELP WITH Righteous fire+incinerate+searing bond+leap slam for fun

HI,

I only have one character at end game so i'm a bit of a noob but am dedicated and play a lot.

I have this "concept " of combining Righteous fire+incinerate+searing bond+leap slam for fun. I'm having trouble on placing all of my passive points just because of the vast options with a fire build. i have combed over many 2.0 RF, incinerate and searing bond builds and saw many similarities with theses builds. I would like to be able to create some type of balance between them to produce a fun tanky high DPS build. The problem i'm having is not know exactly how gear, auras and buffs interact . I'm not sure what passive to take to help accentuate what effects. DO i need more aura cost reduction? more totem damage? are there unique I'm missing or need?

I have a passive tree that is essentially the bare minimum i need to run righteous fire. I think this shield gives enough fire res and life regen to sustain RF with
with POF and vitality running

[urlhttps://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAQ8hPBHwOp1VboGjyogDwHwSzwGbGrgthr2xTpRynDF_E9gn21HwGDiftz36tjdlhGS4pLvGsVw0aPny4Xz_2SMRYeTl-4unVns0FLXTt2sGE72EhGlU26AHnpzBi7E1GwYIvzITZlKDaYmh0-ehBh7c-g8w8LVNSRZ2a4OvuMtFFRw==][/url]=

This is what I have come up for a possible end game setup

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAQ8hPBHwOp1VboGjyogDwHwSzwGbGrgthr2xTpRynDF_E9gn21HwGDiftz36tjdlhGS4pLvGsVw0aPny4Xz_2SMRY2mJodPnoQYe3PoPMPC1TUkWdmuDr7jLRRUcQzPiT_od7IP4K2L3hc5o7gps8Be987TzVpuQiiFpewHxLlnTyL4NfGFaUoI8aHNxhIRpVNugB56cwns3SIRRNvJ_8SzpSMn4YkYIH8kFoZfObhNkB3GSjBS107drBhO9G11cpcYVyD1nzrKpyqbFC2rlxeRccEmkdFPrSZp7jahZvGmxfBFh3kSsDdZ2uWivDE1jlvTZHfg==

However If I could avoid going to the Duelist area I could really focus of DPS, life and auras.
I just don't ave enough points...lol

I guess if I can get a couple of answers and some suggestions this could fun.
Is there a way to make up the loss in regen from the duelist area? say focusing on boosting passive aura nodes? Will this effect POF and vitality enough to compensate for the passive regen loss? Also by doing this could i run arctic armor? especially since I found
I think this would really be cool twist.

So really kind of pulling my hair out and could use some solid guidance so please, please, please help a brother out.

Thanks alot cheers, really looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

DrKnowone

P.S. any way to drop the shield and use this
? how good is this weapon any way?

Come on help me out with this crazy build
So, I'm going to point out the problems in your build :

1) Sustaining Righteous Fire without a Rise of the Phoenix is pretty damn hard. It's doable if you use a staff with a crafted mod that reduces Damage Over Time effects on you, but obviously, you can't craft that on a unique weapon like Reaper's Pursuit. Although, I've seen someone run Righteous Fire with a Pledge of Hands, so it's doable, but I can GUARANTEE you 100% that it's very very ineffective.
Righteous Fire is meant to be either a buff to burn down tough enemies very fast or be something really hard to sustain all the time, so you don't have much flexibility on the build.

2) Righteous Fire + Incinerate is a very good combination and can yield great results. Searing Bond could go with that, but the skill is not popular because it's not that fun to play and quite weak right now.

3) Path of Exile is not meant for you to play as a caster and an attack-based character at the same time. You have to choose what you want to do and specialize heavily in it. If you are a spellcaster and have a sceptre/staff, you can use Leap Slam for mobility but you definitely will never be able to deal damage that way.

4) Pyre Ring does not interact with Arctic Armour, it just converts your cold damage to fire damage (the explosions are nothing but a visual effect) and AA (Arctic Armour) does not deal any damage.

5) If you want to run a Righteous Fire build, even if you follow a guide, you have to be prepared to go through some calculations to see what you need to regen.

The formula is the following :

Burn = 0.9*life + 0.7*ES (* 0.8 if you have reduced damage over time on a rare staff but that's some more complex build options you shouldn't look into if you're a beginner ; either way it's not very good)

Max Fire Res = 75 + (8% from RotP if you have it) + (x% fire res from Purity of Fire / depends on the lvl of the gem) * (1 + [aura effect from the tree]/100 - you're converting it into a % here)

Effective burn on you = % life regen - burn * (1 - [max fire res]/100)
This has to be positive to be able to sustain Righteous Fire !

I hope it helps, RF can be a bit complicated to understand when you're a beginner in PoE, you already have so much to learn at the same time :)
Last edited by Vadler on Oct 9, 2015, 2:24:16 AM
I wouldn't bother running searing bond unless you are truly dedicated yourself to it. The damage will just be very subpar. Searing bond requires dual curse, EE, and a +3 weapon with empower to be super effective. Since you are running Incinerate EE is off the table, big hit to SB. Dual curse is fine but again, you need a +3 1 hander.

The other problem you will have with SB is that you need a way to bring searing bond to the enemy other wise SB is just a pretty shiny beam of light. Since incinerate makes you into a flaming turret it has horrible synergy. You could constantly re-cast SB but you will have to re-build your incinerate stacks over and over again.

in short, don't bother with SB. You will have better clear speed and damage with just RF + Incinerate alone.
Well thanks for the help Gents.

I really like SB but I RF is what I'm truly interested in. I have been using a an RF calculator that seems to have all the calculations built in.

Is there other totems that work better? Say a flame or regen?

Since I have the phoenix shield it seems it your right about being dam near impossible to have a build without.

So does this sound right focus on life regen, fire resist, fire and burn damage? now besides those what about projectile damage , charges (endurance or frenzy), reduced auras , reduced skills .

Any chance you could modify my passive tree and or show me some similar builds passive tree?

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAQ8hPBHwOp1VboGjyogDwHwSzwGbGrgthr2xTpRynDF_E9gn21HwGDiftz36tjdlhGS4pLvGsVw0aPny4Xz_2SMRY2mJodPnoQYe3PoPMPC1TUkWdmuDr7jLRRUf-Cti94XOaO4KbPAXvfO081abkIohaXsB8S5Z08i-DXxhWlKCPGhzcYSEaVTboAeenMJ7N0iEUTbyf_Es6UjJ-GJGCB_JBaGXzm4TZAdxkowUtdO3awYTvRtdXKXGFcg9Z86yqcqmxQtq5cXkXHBJpHRT60mae42oWbxpsXwRYd5ErA3WdrlorwxNY5b02R37vDhQg

Really appreciate your help and can't wait to see whay you guys come up with.
Your skill tree is vastly unoptimal but no worries, it's perfectly fine if you're just beginning.
If you can specify exactly what kind of build you want to run (I got the part about RF but totems, incinerate ?) I can draft some trees for you, from lvl ~70 to endgame at lvl 85+

Here are some guides you can refer to if you want some inspiration to decide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1407047/page/1
LiftingNerdBro's RF Incinerate Templar

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1068509/page/1
RaizQT's RF Incinerate Marauder

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1427574
Iron Will (aka stacking strength to get spell damage along the life bonus of it) RF Incinerate Marauder

Just a thing : when you plan a character, try to plan for around 100 points, it represents a character around lvl 80, you really want to be strong at this point to be able to level further. Best would be to have core skill tree for 85-90 points and then add things like extra life/damage/armour to it when leveling further.
120 points is most likely a lvl 100 character, you won't reach that without a lot of experience and a SHITTON of time.
Last edited by Vadler on Oct 9, 2015, 4:25:30 PM
Well the one thing i have "is time is one my side" . So putting in the work I don't mind. The only thing i'm stressing about is have a nice and clean build Idea without just copying and pasting someone else build .I mean obviously there's a lot out there for RF and just about everything has been done before. Hence why I originally wanted to go SB/leap slam because I had not seen that before but i guess there is a good reason for that.

After peeling through your suggested builds and watching a ton of other POE vids I thing I may have a somewhat original Idea that may still have some nice synergy to it as well.

What about the spell discharge with RF? It seems Discharge builds are very similar in nature and it would just add to the radius Damage of RF. I also believe the increased spell damage from RF would also stack with Discharge? I think I would just use enduring call right before a battle unless you feel there is a better way? then cast flammability curse?

Use maybe lighting warp for movement since it synergizes with arctic armor or maybe flame dash?

Take Molten shell and connect that with cast when damage taken.

I'm not sure how I would ever be able to use more than purity of fire and arctic armor for auras, if you suggestions let me know?

oh and alway incinerate the hell out of things until they get close then bang! hit em them with a discharge, warp out and buff up.

I made another pipe dream build but there is plenty of room to pick and choose your nodes.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAQ8hPBHwOp1VboGjyogDwH8Bmxq4LYa9sU6UcpwxfxPYJ9tR8Bg4n7c9-rY3ZYRkuKS7xrFcNGj58uF8_9kjEWJSg2mJodPnoQYe3PoPMPC1TUkWdmuDr7jLRRUfSIWoe8i-DXxhW4XOaO4KbfEuWdF8EWHeRKwN1na6nCNi9_gryRTrh_o81ki3Snz5Z85HOlmzvDhQgcg9xhXrmY_1G19q5sULzm2hlwQSE2QHcd-Opbnlo6mJ1y76nZU29Nkd-QzGNfoTv2sES4aLqBS107f5UDc0rUBzOr6eCB_JBMft_4zwF73zNmKyqcqmf303j7TzVpg==

feel free to change this anyway you like. Please let me know if the choices are solid or if there are better ways about going about it. I'm not married to anything I just want a fun original RF build.

Thanks again for help really crossing my fingers I'm onto something this time .

P.S.

Here is some of the gear i own that I feel would work well with this build. Let me know if there is any other cheap gear (Chaos orb) that I should purchase or farm for.

So does this discharge + lighting warp+RF+incinerate with a touch of molten shield work better?
I will certainly take you up on a passive rebuild if the offer still stands thanks for your help.
The reason I was thinking of discharge as an option is because one of the people i play with is constantly giving power charges. DOes RF+Discharge+molten shell+Lighting warp+incinrate = Badassness?
OK I see interest has wanned a bit for this post but I landed some gear and could use some advice on how to use it the effectively.

SO here's
the gear.

Could I please get some advice on what curses t o use ? Obviously elemental weakness and flammability are at the top of the list, but what else should I consider?

More importantly how should I use the curse? Should I manually cast them? should I link them to a spell and use cast on hit? or use a combination of a ll of theses techniques?

SO please , Please, Please give me some advice on this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info