[2.0] 950+ STR IW RF Incinerate (Doon, Alberon's, Elreon)

Hello!

Yeah yeah, I know... another incinerate. You are welcome to stay anyway ;)

Why this build?

Incinerate is my favourite skill since forever ago, when I made a MoM+Infernal Mantle version and fell in love with it. Made about 5-6 versions after that but now it was time for Righteous Fire.

I'd like to thank RaizQT for his guide with a Blood Magic support gem setup that got me interested in the RF version. Really glad I gave it a go. Now that I finished the build I'm really pleased with it, so I wanted to share it.

Starting goals:

600+ STR, 6k HP and RF. Everything else was flexible.

Finished build:

951 STR, 6.6k HP and RF -> 36k LMP and 52.5k Slower Proj Incinerate.

Pros:

Spoiler
It's incinerate.

Spoiler

-Good damage
-Good survivability
-Very flexible in the utility/aura department
-Can run -max res, -life regen/no regen, blood magic, etc maps (we just lose some DPS)
-No problem killing Atziri on a budget
-Beginner friendly
-Cheap

Cons:

Spoiler
-Some map mods make it impossible to use RF which adds roughly 1/3 of our damage.
-You have to stand still and wait a moment for the skill to reach stage 4
-Not the fastest clear (still pretty fast, but not quite up there with crit archers or reave and similar)

Leveling:

Spoiler
You need a 3L for Incinerate + LMP + Faster Casting/Echo. Add some Heralds a +1 fire wand and a Karui Ward and you are 70+ in no time. Go for all the HP regen nodes early if you wanna go RF as soon as you can equip Rise of The Phoenix.

Videos:

Spoiler

Some clips from a Crematorium run - no RF + enfeeble:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJluTdbn3GY

THE BUILD

Skill tree and bandits:

Spoiler
Key nodes:

HP regen nodes - so you can sustain RF. Get them early on if you want to start using RF at 65.

Barbarism - +1 max fire res which hels to sustain RF and the notable also gives HP and all res.

Unrelenting cluster + Versatility - with this we can get the mana cost of Incinerate down to 0. I have a mana cost of 1 atm but I use some -7 Elreon accesory.

How you spend offensive/defensive points is up to you. You could easily get 20~ish block chance with clusters already connected to the tree or 1 point away.

Passive tree at lvl 91. For a lower level just save some points at the scion life wheel or some damage nodes depending on your preferences.

http://poeurl.com/zyVl38m

Bandits:

Oak
Point (or Alira - cast speed)
Oak (or point but I like the extra phys reduction and longer IC)

Sats:

Offence:
Spoiler

Incinerate with LMP: 36k+ tooltip

With Slower Projectiles: 52.5k+ Tooltip

Defences:
Spoiler

-10k armour (50% estimated phys mitigation)
-88% fire res
-75% cold res
-79% light res
-25% block chance + 3% from Tempest Shield when it's up
-Arctic Armour
-4 Endurance Charges

Skill gems and links:
Spoiler

The only gem I'd suggest you get quality on is Incinerate. It really helps a lot with the increased range you get. others are mainly some extra damage here and some cast speed there. Sure they help but if you are planning on keeping it budget you can.

My Incinerate is 21/20. Other gems are/will be lvl 20 apart from that lvl 1 CWDT setup and Enlighten. If budget permits get some quality on those that the build benefits from.

Incinerate + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + LMP + Iron Will + Fire Penetration
-Not much to say, good deeps.

Arctic Armour + Purity of Lightning + Purity of Fire + lvl 3 Enlighten
-Since I'm happy with my damage I went with some defensive options. With lvl 4 Enlighten you can use Anger in stead of PoL.

CWDT (lvl 1) + Tempest Shield (lvl 7) + Warlords Mark (lvl 5)
-this makes our TS up almost all the time and we get leech and automatic End charges.

CWDT + Immortal Call + Molten Shell + Increased Duration -all max level
-Standard IC setup. (Can remove Molten Shell and use the gem slot for a utility skill, 4S3L if need be)

Shield Charge + Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Fortify
-Mobility + Fortify. (Can go Lightning Warp if you want to get some gem slots for utility)

Righteous Fire
Damage.

Summon Flame Golem
Damage. You can take Chaos Golem if you'd like.

Enduring Cry
Endurance Charges. I've heard it also regens some HP.

My gear:

Spoiler
The items used are pretty budget apart from my chest piece.

It lacks the elemental leech but with/for my stats it's much better then a Doryani's Catalyst. Also I can use Shield Charge and Leap Slam linked with Fortify. Which is why I don't use Lightning warp or a Wand.

Mandatory for RF unless you use a Mastercrafted shield. Will most likely play with that in the future to bump my STR to 1000 :)

So. Much. STR. @_@ Gives me almost 150.

Since I can't get leech on Doon I use this belt in stead. It's other stats are also really beneficial to my build, but you could get those on a Rare one as well so the potential life lost is a minor drawback.

Just focused on STR, Life, Resistances and where possible increased Armour. The gloves are also good for getting a nice DEX roll on them so you can spare a point on the tree.

Elreon's accessories in order to get our mana cost to 0 (in my case 1 but all my pieces are only -7, I'll either get a +8 piece or a jewel with reduced mana cost roll). 2 out of 3 are really good in my opinion, only the fire attack damage is wasted but I'm keeping it for now for the Chaos res roll. I bought the bases and crafted them for about 40-50c in total.

Jewels:

Spoiler

My collection is pretty average, no real jems among them ;)

Cast speed is king. Fire, proj, spell damage work with this. Life is always nice to get in the mix. Proj speed might be good depending on your play style. Maybe some stats if you can't get them on the gear/tree. Also a silence immunity corruption on 1 can be really good.

Flasks:

Spoiler

Taste of Hate for extra phys reduction with some bleed, shock and freeze removal/immunity on the others. One Life Flask is enough unless you run a map where you don't use RF. Then I use another in stead of a Ruby.

Depending on the situation I could swap some of them for a Quicksilver, Rumi's or Atziri's Promise.
I like the laid back play style so once I got used to Shield Charge I stopped using a quicksilver.

My thoughts on the build:

Spoiler
It's a good balance of damage vs survivability. The skill tree and skills are pretty flexible which allows for nice personalization. It has decent mobility and a fast clear speed and performs good against both mobs and bosses.

I've done 78s maps solo and I barely had to use flasks. Everything ends in no time.
Some 80 maps in parties, no problems surviving. Clear was slower due to increased monster life per party member.

I prefer to invest currency in new characters/build in stead of maps hence my low map pool. 4 chisels, an alc and a few chaos is fine with me to use on a map but with that and the limited time I spent in 77/78 I didn't get higher. Something to improve in the next league :)

Atziri is a no brainer at this stage.

Since I'm done with all the build I had planned for the league, I'll most likely be able to farm up a Mortal set or two, and kill Uber. Have never even as much as attempted her but from watching videos the build should be more then enough for her, it's more a question if I won't mess it up ;p

Budget version:

Spoiler

You only have to ditch Taste of Hate and the 6L. Depending on your total STR and mana situation you either leave out Faster Casting or Iron Will in your 5L and you can easily make a 20+k LMP DPS build for about 1-3 EX. You need quality only on Incinerate as stated before.

If you like this build and want to make something similar, I hope this guide/review will be of some help. I might tinker some more with it in the future, I'll update any changes.

I'm sure I forgot something and made a mistake/type or two. I'll be very thankful if you point them out and I'll correct them.

Looking forward to any comments, question, tips and so forth.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Rhydm on Sep 20, 2015, 6:01:03 PM
Added a Crematorium vid. Will add more when I get some decent material.
ur video is private :P
"
Ragemod wrote:
ur video is private :P

Thanks for that... guess I had a slow moment when uploading >.>
I respecced my pure rf marauder into a incinerator without looking at a build, but now my dmg seems to be lacking, sitting at around 1k2 lmp with rf. Are there any improvements to the tree that could be made without too many regrets/glaring problems with gear? I know the boots and gloves are subpar, looking for replacements that don't shit all over my resists. I do have 7k3 hp with this tree and gear though. Tried atziri 3 times, and I got too her each time, better than i did with pure rf. One try was on the last 1/4 hp. But I still have problems with trio, and vaal if I mess up and kill one too fast.
Thanks
-pyro
Good build mate :) I was pure str incin with an almost identical tree so I respecced about 15 nodes and tried this. love it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info