Divination Cards - The Cartographer, The Lich, The Hunter's Reward and More!

hmmm with "the lich king" card

it says; "when the dead raise and master their own.."

should it not be; "when the dead rise and master their own.."

Spoiler
*Rise refers to something being moved upwards or an amount of something being increased. For example, to say that the sun rises and hot air rises refers to the action of these objects moving upwards.

*Raise refers to something being moved to a higher position or something getting improved. For example, to say that you raise your hand or your voice refers to the action of moving your hand or voice to a higher level than previously. Or, you might refer to a need to raise efficiency in the factory, when factory efficiency needs to improve.

but anyways seems cool!
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
"
Starball wrote:

Spoiler
*Rise refers to something being moved upwards or an amount of something being increased. For example, to say that the sun rises and hot air rises refers to the action of these objects moving upwards.

*Raise refers to something being moved to a higher position or something getting improved. For example, to say that you raise your hand or your voice refers to the action of moving your hand or voice to a higher level than previously. Or, you might refer to a need to raise efficiency in the factory, when factory efficiency needs to improve.

but anyways seems cool!

I think they were trying to say that the dead raise themselves with "spells" ie "dead rise dead" rise implies they come out of the ground, But not of there own doing..the example of Raise you hand seems to confuse it further..i hate wiki.. lol
really nice graphics, especially on the first three! But tbh i dont like at all that cartographers got only 1/1 - it has nothing to do with collecting and its not divination card for me.. why wont you at least make it 1/2 for 20 chisels? Its the same currency generator with the fact you have to at least collect something..
cool, I also read the raise as rise in my mind, it sounds odd
I can be spotted wondering Wraeclast
"
Starball wrote:

Spoiler

but anyways seems cool!

Do you know what a lich king is? It is a zombie (dead) necromancer. This zombie necromancer (i.e. lich king) is raising more of the dead to serve him. So the quote refers to the lich king (who is dead) raising some zombies (who are also dead) from their graves (i.e. the dead raising the dead). Oh, and he masters (rules over) them 'cause he is their king (and he is dead). Also, "when the dead rise and master their own..." makes no logistical sense. I think I've explained it enough (this explanation is now dead (i.e. a zombie)).
"Alas, the one-man crusade of Torr Olgosso comes to an end. May his fervor for vengeance at being imprisoned inside of small boxes be remembered for all of time."
- Xedralya
"
djAMPnz wrote:
Do you know what a lich king is? It is a zombie (dead) necromancer. This zombie necromancer (i.e. lich king) is raising more of the dead to serve him. So the quote refers to the lich king (who is dead) raising some zombies (who are also dead) from their graves (i.e. the dead raising the dead). Oh, and he masters (rules over) them 'cause he is their king (and he is dead). Also, "when the dead rise and master their own..." makes no logistical sense. I think I've explained it enough (this explanation is now dead (i.e. a zombie)).

Since a Zombie is an undead creature it is technically not considered dead. But since according to Haitian French a zombie is a dead body animated by magic that means the creature first had died and then was re-animated back to non-dead. So the Lich King is a zombie necromancer. Then who or what creature re-animated the dead necromancer? One of those chicken and egg mind twisters.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
djAMPnz wrote:

Since a Zombie is an undead creature it is technically not considered dead. But since according to Haitian French a zombie is a dead body animated by magic that means the creature first had died and then was re-animated back to non-dead. So the Lich King is a zombie necromancer. Then who or what creature re-animated the dead necromancer? One of those chicken and egg mind twisters.

Liches are generally necromancers before their death who use their necromancy to turn themselves into an undead being under their own control just before dying like a normal person.
Hype.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Lucid_ wrote:
When are you going to stop? When are you going to put your foot down and stop bloating this game? Why did a cash grab become more important than game design?

Why stop? We need moar cards.

Yeah, we need to buy moar tabs!!!!
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
well I just hope these arent as lame as the 6 or 7 D cards I saved to just get a lame prismatic ring sold it fro 1 scroll shard jeez you'd think saving cards would be worth a bit more then that ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info