Invasion: Bring it In As a Core Game Property [Strawpoll results inside]

"
NeroNoah wrote:
a) That vote is not necessarily don't care (it could be they hate it and they ignored the thread), and it's not considered in your poll, so you have to adjust the results for an unknown, maybe significative factor.

a.2) It's still just a part of the population, the more dedicated one. That's hardly the only population that matter.

Right, so I'm supposed to include an option in the poll of "Did you ignore this poll?" Hardly makes sense. If they noticed the thread, hated it and thus ignored it, it's still an indirect vote. Because if they cared enough they would've voted "no."

If you support the Liberal party but refuse to participate in the election, that non-vote is accounted for by principal.

Let's say you have a country of 1,000 people and two parties, the Liberals and Conservatives.

There could be a 60% majority nationwide for the Liberal party but if only 50% of them show up to vote, meaning 30% of voters (300) meanwhile all 40% of Conservative supporters (400) show up at the polls, guess what, you have a 400-300 Conservative victory.

The poll therefore accounts for the absent votes. And so be it if the only players that voted were the more dedicated players. That's a statement of its own.

Really the only argument you have here is that the sample size is small, which is why I made note that the percentages of the presented options remained steady from roughly vote #150 with barely a variance in the next ~850 votes. It's indicative that despite the small sample size, it's likely (although not necessarily "certainly") representative of the general consensus.

Anyway.

Remember, this poll was just intended to provide an general temperature, if you will, of the PoE community, and to give GGG something to follow up on and hopefully, at the very least, get them to do their own feedback solicitation in the near future.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Don't get me wrong, I'm pro invasion, I don't flee from a good challenge.

Your poll doesn't account for those factors, one has to infer them. That's what I call bias. The difference between the value of an indicator for a sample vs. the real value for the total population.

So GGG can't really take them as a decision making tool.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Oct 8, 2015, 3:35:43 PM
I get where you're coming from, and I'm not saying they should make a decision based on it. All I'm trying to do here is spur consideration.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info