Invasion: Bring it In As a Core Game Property [Strawpoll results inside]

Interesting. I think your suggestion of the implicit invasion mod is actually a really clever way of implementing it to provide players with both the choice to run it AND the ability to actually craft that map into something reasonable.

Thanks for your (and everyone else's) feedback so far.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Invasion is my second most hated mod next to beyond, so there you have it.

Petition not signed, my apologies

Honestly? Beyond has got to be one of my favorite things to roll on a map. And oh hell yes to getting zana's daily mission that involves beyond mobs and sea witches. I wasn't playing for invasion the first time around but so far I'm really enjoying it. More things to kill more loot all around and more challenging and interesting opponents in general. I'm loving this so much more than the recent warbands and would love to see this come more into the game.
"
I wasn't playing for invasion the first time around

That's one of the reasons I wanted to create the poll / get feedback on it. There's been a solid influx of new players, and veterans, who never played Invasion so I thought this Flashback league would be a great opportunity to see what people think at this point in time.
"
Dreadvg wrote:
"
Invasion is my second most hated mod next to beyond, so there you have it.

Petition not signed, my apologies

Honestly? Beyond has got to be one of my favorite things to roll on a map. And oh hell yes to getting zana's daily mission that involves beyond mobs and sea witches. I wasn't playing for invasion the first time around but so far I'm really enjoying it. More things to kill more loot all around and more challenging and interesting opponents in general. I'm loving this so much more than the recent warbands and would love to see this come more into the game.

That's funny... our group finally got in touch with warbands and we LOVE IT! On the other hand we dislike beyond (back then and now, without mapdrops even more...). SC leagues were always more exciting but SC itself is boring :C
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
Boem wrote:
*snip*
- Allow vaal orbs to put this same invasion implicit on maps
*snip*

Peace,

-Boem-

Oh god, that's brilliant! If corrupting maps could potentially add previous leagues as an implicit, I could see people doing that frequently.

I voted yes to both. Invasion adds an edge to the game that (after the first few days of original Invasion) you can pretty much ignore if your build isn't strong enough. I could see Invasion being implemented with a very low chance to occur in Normal, a low chance in Cruel, and a high chance in Merciless (say 1/3 of the time). Besides, I miss getting hugs from my eight legged flicker friends.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
+1 to fun deaths.

Although this is one of those leagues that needs to be revived properly (something like Invasion 2.0, but with Act 4 monsters too, and rebalanced to make it acceptable for the population; maybe if there is a SOTV 2 with Doryani?).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Oct 5, 2015, 8:59:55 PM
My favourite league was invasion. Admittedly it was the first time I seriously tried hc, and I ripped soooo many times (especially in the first week, I still remember twinking a lvl 9 guy and ripping to the reflect guy LOLOL). Anyway, good times.

More ontopic, I think they could be either a map mod, or appear in maps kinda like exiles do. That way they'd surprise us :)
Also, I've also thought it was a pity corrupted areas don't appear in maps+, so much work and creativity for a fun part of the game to only appear when you're trying to farm midnights. Pity.

I think though in the future GGG will add more content (especially to endgame) and we may have this kinda fun again. I liked the torment/warbands concept of cooperation and motivating us to do areas that we normally wouldn't do, but sometimes torment was unimpactful/annoying and warbands you could farm for a day and not see more than 1-2 bosses (which WERE fun, in general).
"
NeroNoah wrote:
maybe if there is a SOTV 2 with Doryani?).

You, sir, win the internet.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
maybe if there is a SOTV 2 with Doryani?).

You, sir, win the internet.

*tips hat*

That being said, GGG would do great to work over existing content rather than keep mindlessly adding. Games like DOTA out there are extremately popular and are pickier about what to add to the game, rather spending efforts on balancing and expanding over actual stuff. So yeah, SOTV could be revisited, Ambush and Invasion included.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I was going to make this thread as well. I haven't had this much fun since the Invasion league and I really think each instance in the core game should have an invasion boss.

I also noticed that the invasion bosses are easier now than they were in invasion league so it should not be that big of a balance problem to incorporate them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info