[2.2] CWDT EXTREME EDITION - AFK KILL MAP BOSSES

For HC i think you can forget it already because you need The Harvest.

"
KaiSong wrote:
You have VP but have no source of leech.

Yes I do, The Harvest grants leech, Discharge can also should be linked with LL for reflect maps.

"
KaiSong wrote:
If you can find the sweet spot where your cwdt triggers right when you reach your maximum charges then you will lose less potential dps. This will vary with your gear and your chaos res.

Yes, that's why the CWDT and Discharge gems are the level they are, see the spreadsheet in the OP. Discharge triggers every 3 potion consumes. If you use Voll's Protector you can lower its level a bit.

"
KaiSong wrote:
Swapping out your spells on cwdt for higher base crit spells will make your charges play out a lot smoother. For 1 set of links i would do cwdt gmp ice spear+spark. 4L discharge with cwdt+discharge+life leech + AoE/Conc.

We use basically all spells, we have Ice Spear, and Spark is pretty bad as usually it misses target, other spells don't have this issue.

"
KaiSong wrote:
The CWDT PCoC link setup seems redundant

We have additional power charges. And you'll need power charges to keep critting, keeping flasks up against single targets. Power charges are especially important with Diamond Flask. Also this gives Discharge more damage. Discharge reaches the crit cap when a target is Assassin's Marked and Diamond Flask is up, which is, always.

"
KaiSong wrote:
I would probably go with a 4L triple purity setup instead with enlighten, full reservation on auras would probly be beneficial to surviving reflect and allowing for more gearing choices because not having to worry about resists. If you're triggering your spells and they crit then you will be generating flask charges which will keep you topped out on charges as long as you have functioning fingers anyway so the pcoc link support appears redundant.

Yes resist auras are good. You can also remove a Herald and run MoM with permanent Divination Distillate and Flask Effectiveness nodes for much higher resists that Auras can give you. Again PCOC is not redundant.

"
KaiSong wrote:
For the curse on hit setup I think ice nova can be better for curse application, higher base crit with no limit to targets hit, scales with aoe nodes. Spell+CoH+Assmark+Warlords+Immortal Call+(Enhance/Curse3)

You need CWDT in your link too, I use arc because it is instant, has nice range. The position its socketed in is also important, it's one of the first skills to go off. Low level spells don't do that much damage compared to discharge. Also having Arc in the top left weapon slot allows us to get a small window of Shock active, so Discharge can do even more damage.

"
KaiSong wrote:
Links Suggested:
4L Enlighten (3x Purity)
4L Discharge Cwdt LL (Aoe/Conc)
2L/2L Leap Slam / Fortify + CWDT Immortal Call
5/6L Cwdt CoH Ice nova Assmark (Warlords/ElementalWeakness)/(Enhance) (vaal grace probably if not 6L)
5/6L Cwdt+ Gmp+ Spark +Freeze Pulse+ Arctic breath (for ground, otherwise probably molten orb, for more hits per cast)

Leap Slam and Fortify will cost you 2 other spells, so you will likely not have Flasks up always on single targets, possible even with Voll's Protector. You can use Ice Nova but it adds nothing more than Arc does. Warlord's Mark personally I only use in reflect maps. Keep in mind flasks heal over 2K hp per use, and they're instant. Leech is not that big. For spells, you can use whatever, it doesn't really matter because we have them all. GMP Arctic Breath i'm using now and is indeed very good. Keep in mind though that if you put Auras in a link, you will lose spells, meaning lose crits, meaning lose flask charges, meaning you can run out of flask charges. Unless you have legacy doedre's, at which point you have more options.

"
KaiSong wrote:
Luxury 1L possibilities could be either vaal cyclone/ice golem/vaal grace if you have unset rings.

If you have a 1L spot, prioritize an aura or a herald, Ice Golem not really needed, Vaal Cyclone will probably kill you.

"
KaiSong wrote:
My Thoughts on the tree, I prefer acro+using a +1 curse item over the travel for the +1 curse.

This is possible, taking damage is not that big of a deal though, you can heal it up immediately. personally wouldn't run any other version than Yalani's in HC. The build concept is just too dangerous.

+1 Curse item is possible, but you will have to accomodate for the lost HP and lost resists, which means lost damage, or remove a different unique, which means even more damage lost.

Also, Flask Effectiveness nodes sadly don't buff Doedre's Flask effect. +1 Frenzy might be good but we're mainly using Poacher's mark for having Diamond Flask up all the time. The curses aren't there for power or flask charges, they're there for flask charges and more crits and crit damage.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Oct 14, 2015, 5:56:06 AM
"
0flip wrote:
For HC i think you can forget it already because you need The Harvest.

Yes I do, The Harvest grants leech, Discharge can also should be linked with LL for reflect maps.

Harvest originated in HC leagues, its also possible to get it on any league through either beyond modding, jack in the box, and the battle born div card. I was just saying I havent remade the build since I was borrowing a friend's harvest in SC because I didnt want to rip mine. Now that I ripped mine because i didnt want to buy another I'm still working on linking it, but I have other things I need to link as well.

I messed up, forgot about the leech on crit, its nearing 3 am for me.

I had no issues before when I was playing with a similar tree and windscreams in 1.3 doing 77 maps. I didnt really invest too much besides just chromes when I was making the build, but I think with additional investment there isnt really an issue with dropping the links and some damage because before with more spells I was constantly crashing maps with vector errors lol.

Not taking flask effect for doedres duration on it increases duration of diamond flask and heals more from the instants, and I do have multiple 50%~52% legacy doedres. When i was mapping i generally just did assmark eleweak enhance.

Also, again the last time I played the build was 1.3 and its too late/early for me to fully remember what my setup was. Just saying that perma IC with CWDT is worth taking the loss in crits/sec along with having a movement ability and fortify.
Last edited by KaiSong on Oct 14, 2015, 6:10:12 AM
"
KaiSong wrote:
I had no issues before when I was playing with a similar tree and windscreams in 1.3 doing 77 maps. I didnt really invest too much besides just chromes when I was making the build, but I think with additional investment there isnt really an issue with dropping the links and some damage because before with more spells I was constantly crashing maps with vector errors lol.

Ya I've crashed friends their client displaying the build. Haven't had any issues myself though, and my PC is not that great. It's not the one that I filmed the videos with, for sure can't handle that

And ye, you can drop damage and spells for like nice temp chains/enfeeble/assasins mark, resist auras, but there is 1 problem. I play SC.... :D

"
Not taking flask effect for doedres duration on it increases duration of diamond flask and heals more from the instants, and I do have multiple 50%~52% legacy doedres. When i was mapping i generally just did assmark eleweak enhance.

Flask effect is not recovery or duration!

"
Just saying that perma IC with CWDT is worth taking the loss in crits/sec along with having a movement ability and fortify.

Permanent IC takes effort to achieve, in 2.0 it has a 3 second cooldown :(
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Oct 14, 2015, 6:12:27 AM
Oh the crashes that I caused weren't clientside, they dropped the entire map instances. Idk what the trigger was but it happened multiple times occassionally when I would actively hit flasks to trigger.

I can probably get a CWDT link of CWDT+IC+duration+firestorm to function well enough, the hits/sec on firestorm and scaling with duration on both probably will sustain, again, havent done the math yet.
Last edited by KaiSong on Oct 14, 2015, 6:15:05 AM
"

Unfortunately, Harvest does not grant Lifeleech - somewhere in 1.3(?) they made most of the weaponmodifier to apply localy only
"
KaiSong wrote:
I can probably get a CWDT link of CWDT+IC+duration+firestorm to function well enough, the hits/sec on firestorm and scaling with duration on both probably will sustain, again, havent done the math yet.

I don't think the harvest allows for multiple charges to be gained like that, at least not multiple from 1 spell on 1 mob. Ill do some testing on this.

"
KaiSong wrote:
Unfortunately, Harvest does not grant Lifeleech - somewhere in 1.3(?) they made most of the weaponmodifier to apply localy only

You're right about that actually, i think in 2.0 with all the leech changes this happened. Will test it later.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Oct 14, 2015, 6:50:17 AM
Hi here,

Really nice and fun build, I wanted to know if you have tried higher level map like 78-80?
You are already doing a lot of damage on a 5L waht will you add on a 6 one?

Thank you and good work, nice to share it.
"
Teen_Spirit wrote:
Hi here,

Really nice and fun build, I wanted to know if you have tried higher level map like 78-80?
You are already doing a lot of damage on a 5L waht will you add on a 6 one?

Thank you and good work, nice to share it.

I've only ran some academies, haven't had any higher maps yet. Boss is obviously dangerous with this build there but other than that, No real issues so far. The build ignores most map mods. The dangerous things are reflect, and then just mob damage on the small amount of mitigation we have. Like, we can heal loads of damage, but our HP buffer is not that high. The nice thing is you can always walk around and dodge most attacks, however the screen becomes cluttered with spells so its usually hard to see things.

Discharge does the most damage right now btw, you should check Yalani's post in this thread for a more expensive and much high damage version.

I myself run discharge on a 4-link with IIR in it, getting more damage is getting in the danger zone of being able to oneshot yourself on a reflected discharge. But for sure, you can reach crazy damage if you want to, just make sure you cant kill yourself on a reflect mob.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Oct 14, 2015, 8:15:10 AM
Hi,

what about Lightning Thorns such like Promenade Map bosses ?

I am using in HC another selfmade CWdT build and the Lightning Thorns are the only real danger that is going to kill me.
When I see/kill them fast, they are not a real problem... but when I dont see them and come into the frey after they got time to cast Lightning Thorns... I trigger on them xxxxspells... and ouch !!!

Any difficulty for you ?

Last edited by Hillda on Oct 14, 2015, 10:44:21 AM
awesome build!

alcoholic's power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info