Im New!

"
Lol, I've been looking for a decent game to play and POE looks just about right is it still fun for new players and a good game to get into?

Welcome to Path of Exile Gaundi hope you are going to enjoy the run :)

To answer you yes this is a very good game to get into.

As a new player you will need to read a lot of documentation to get into it but as soon it will be done you are going to discover an ARPG with a depth you won't see in many games and specialy ARPG.

Gl & hf

Helio
Hf :)
Loads of fun, OP. Enjoy and welcome.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
gaundi wrote:
Lol, I've been....
lololrofl - enjoy your stay
Welcome and good luck! PoE is a fantastic game. Even if you play it to death, you will always end up coming back! I know that I've amiably put this game down several times, but have always returned and enjoyed it as much, if not more, than the first time I ever played it. :)
Welcome (over)board, Exile! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Welcome, If you played Diablo 2 , well, PoE is a lot like it. Classic arpg camera angle, click-on-stuff, lvl up, gear up, etc + walkthrough by instances which can be reseted as much as u like (only towns are "shared" instances, or those you go in with a party) + Story divided in ACTS (so far 4, being ACT 4 quite new).

Poe Wiki will serve to give u any info u might need or want about the game, you'll find almost everything there.

You might try out your own builds but know this, balance is hardly existant on this game, meaning you can make 123141 different builds, but 5 are uber OP , 10 OP, and then anything ranging from "ok" to not-viable :). It is however still fun to try new and different builds. You can find tons of builds on forums , some cheap, some extremely expensive. Imo it's more fun to try your own at least at first. Note that your gameplay will most likely be around ONE/TWO skill/s for offense, rarely more. Its not the kind of game you start 123141231QWEQTQWEQTQWRQing your keyboard to shoot all kind of sht. Rather the one skill you build around to make it powerful.

Stndard and Hardcore are base leagues (They are permanent). On standard Normal difficulty has no death penalty, while cruel and merciless have experience loss. On Hardcore, if you die, your character goes to Standard (NOTE: you WILL die). Every few months 2 new leagues open (one SC and one HC) called challenge leagues. These test new features which might or might not be later included on the core game. But usually they make their way into base leagues (at least partially). Once those leagues end (One month..3 months..depends) your characters are moved to the corresponding base league (SC or HC), and after a few weeks 2 new leagues start running over again. These leagues also bring 8 challenges to complete, which can get you rewards.

Game is fun, specially for those who enjoy Diablo. Free, all real-money stuff you can buy is decorative (no power ups, more exp, or UBER-GODLIKE Gear) , xept for stash tabs which are the only advantage you can pay for.

Enjoy your stay :o.
Last edited by Drkzaleos on Oct 1, 2015, 5:22:00 AM
Welcome! I remember when I start the game, my first 4 Hardcore chars died soon, that's normal, you have to expect to loss a few chars, but keep trying, read a lot, try again.

Don't be afraid to ask if you have some questions, once you learn the basics find a guild.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
It is fun. Just extremely beginner-unfriendly.
welcome in wraeclast exile. always remember: playing poe is more about the way to success, not actually getting anywhere ;-)

as a introduction there is still the old mechanics thread which has everything essential in one place or the wiki.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
As others have said, I REALLY recommend waiting until tomorrow to start your characters. A one month event will be starting, so EVERY player that chooses to participate will be starting from scratch, just like you being a new player. This means that you'll have ZERO disadvantage to other players. As a bonus, there's challenges and you can get an exclusive armor skin from completing them.

The Race info.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1430134
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info