[2.4] [Assassin] Qwark's Shock nova build - Cheap, Very high DPS, HC viable, 7,5k+ EHP.

Hello!
Im pretty much using your guide (only i started as a witch for unknown reason).
i got a question that is bothering me..

while im going for a big pack of mobs and i get some hits (lets say PIT boss zone) my ES is depleting so fast i find myself unable to cast anything within seconds.
i got 1.6k ES, while 5link, im using Voidbringer gloves and the blood dance boots and yet its not enough...

anything im doing wrong?
"
jedimind207 wrote:
hey i really like the looks of this build but im wondering what happens when you get into t12+ maps.... as far as i can tell you have no sustain besides pots... im thinkin of making this build but im unsure... for that reason. if you could get back to me soon id apprecaite it! thanks buddy, nice build btw i really like it
80+ maps are things you pretty much clear with mostly FOTM builds

You could do it with this build as long as you had a 4L ball lightning and good map layout but I wouldn't push it any further. Edit: can easily do after testing.

Now, this is for HC. If you're playing SC then you easily have the DPS to clear them, just expect to die if you're not very careful.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Jan 25, 2016, 6:27:19 AM
"
huntsmon wrote:
Hello!

while im going for a big pack of mobs and i get some hits (lets say PIT boss zone) my ES is depleting so fast i find myself unable to cast anything within seconds.
i got 1.6k ES, while 5link, im using Voidbringer gloves and the blood dance boots and yet its not enough...

anything im doing wrong?

Can you link your gear? Voidbringers even give ES on kill, standing in the middle of a huge pack and urnning out of it mneans you're not killing anything.
"
Qwark28 wrote:
"
huntsmon wrote:
Hello!

anything im doing wrong?

Can you link your gear? Voidbringers even give ES on kill, standing in the middle of a huge pack and urnning out of it mneans you're not killing anything.

heres my gear:

(sorry if i posted something twice)

im on the new league and having hard time right now to gather chaoses, but slowly im building myself.

ES on kill works perfect, the problem is when im getting hit by many mobs (or one hard mob) my ES is gone to 0 and i find myself running in circles waiting for it to charge just so i could give a few hits and than again running - hitting - running - hitting, untill one of us die.
"
huntsmon wrote:
"
Qwark28 wrote:
"
huntsmon wrote:
Hello!

anything im doing wrong?

heres my gear:

(sorry if i posted something twice)

im on the new league and having hard time right now to gather chaoses, but slowly im building myself.

ES on kill works perfect, the problem is when im getting hit by many mobs (or one hard mob) my ES is gone to 0 and i find myself running in circles waiting for it to charge just so i could give a few hits and than again running - hitting - running - hitting, untill one of us die.

You gear seems perfectly fine if you excuse the low ES on the chest.

1.6K ES is more than enough for low to mid maps, if you're getting hit too much then your positioning is something you need to practice. There's also the problem that you're not using enduring cry linked to increased duration and blood magic. It's absolutely mandatory because it regens on average 500 ES over ~1.3 seconds.

Drop innervate on HOT and use wrath instead, you could use the damage boost.
w hits and than again running - hitting - running - hitting, untill one of us die.[/quote]

1.6K ES is more than enough for low to mid maps, if you're getting hit too much then your positioning is something you need to practice. There's also the problem that you're not using enduring cry linked to increased duration and blood magic. It's absolutely mandatory because it regens on average 500 ES over ~1.3 seconds.

Drop innervate on HOT and use wrath instead, you could use the damage boost.[/quote]

i find casting enduring cry every XX seconds very frustrating...
im using wrath, hot+innervate and arctic armor (got 2 nodes on reduces mana for this)
"
huntsmon wrote:
w hits and than again running - hitting - running - hitting, untill one of us die.

"

Drop innervate on HOT and use wrath instead, you could use the damage boost.

"
i find casting enduring cry every XX seconds very frustrating...
im using wrath, hot+innervate and arctic armor (got 2 nodes on reduces mana for this)

That's how you're supposed to play. Especially if you're not dodging enemy attacks, positioning yourself properly or 1 shotting them as they come with the 2nd ring.

EC is absolutely mandatory for EB/MOM/ZO builds, the next thing I can suggest is get a 500+ ES chest and improve your movement.

I also advise you to respec those points. The only way you can reach 2 reduced mana reservation nodes is by actually spending 3 in total to travel or reach the third node above purity of flesh. Those 3 points are much more useful as a jewel or HP and will give better and more consistent DPS.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Nov 13, 2015, 6:35:10 PM
Updated for 2.1.
Hello!

Shock nova gem says:

"50% less ring dmg"

and u write that ring deals 50% additional dmg...

Can You explain me wich area deals more dmg? I mean, if u need to stick to your enemy and hit it INSIDE ur circle, or u have to be further a bit to hit him with the ring and outside of it?
"
Hello!

Shock nova gem says:

"50% less ring dmg"

and u write that ring deals 50% additional dmg...

Can You explain me wich area deals more dmg? I mean, if u need to stick to your enemy and hit it INSIDE ur circle, or u have to be further a bit to hit him with the ring and outside of it?

It's all in the first post

AOE nodes and a increased AOE gem really make this skill shine, your nova will cover a very large portion of the screen and the more you have the safer you can apply the 50% extra damage of the second ring which easily surpasses the damage of other crit builds and makes gearing super easy and cheap.

Proper spacing will allow you to to 1 shot most mobs by hitting them with the second ring and this is a huge deal because you shock every mob you crit which means it triple dips by doing 50% extra damage on a mob you just crit and shocked. Other skills with comparable tooltip DPS don't come close to the actual damage they deal.

As for which ring, it's the thin circle, not anything inside it but the circle itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info