[2.4] [Assassin] Qwark's Shock nova build - Cheap, Very high DPS, HC viable, 7,5k+ EHP.

Thank you, did some changes and now dps is better and feeling more strong.

Still need to buy better armour though, my resist is not good enough to use dodre for second curse.

BTW, may i ask which jewel are you using? I am not using any jewel for now.

level 61
Gear
Spoiler

Planning on using these daggers once hit 64
Spoiler

Tree
Last edited by commonjunks on Oct 17, 2015, 5:53:12 AM
"
commonjunks wrote:
Thank you, did some changes and now dps is better and feeling more strong.

Still need to buy better armour though, my resist is not good enough to use dodre for second curse.

BTW, may i ask which jewel are you using? I am not using any jewel for now.

level 61
Gear
Spoiler

Planning on using these daggers once hit 64
Spoiler

Tree

These are the jewels I used on the original character, crafted them myself so only one is good, the rest meh. I'd go for 7% life jewels

Update on the 1MHC flashback, this is my gear and currently destroying anything I encounter @ lvl 63, tooltip DPS for Shock nova is 2.8k with innervate up and 2,1k on flame totem. 4,5k EHP.

Spoiler

UPDATE #2 Farming dried lake @ Lvl 68.

Tooltip DPS - 7K
EHP - 5.5K

Spoiler
Last edited by Qwark28 on Oct 20, 2015, 4:21:08 AM
WIP Thoughts.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Oct 20, 2015, 4:21:50 AM
Alternative gloves could also be Surgebinders. I used them in warbands on my shock nova witch and it pushed DPS up quite a bit (i had 21k on 6L with 6th link being Power Charge on Crit).
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Oct 20, 2015, 10:25:25 AM
"
Mannoth wrote:
Alternative gloves could also be Surgebinders. I used them in warbands on my shock nova witch and it pushed DPS up quite a bit (i had 21k on 6L with 6th link being Power Charge on Crit).
Yes, It's in the original post. Facebreakers would still be ideal, especially a very badly rolled one.
Considering using Vaal clarity instead of EB and MOM and spending those 5 passives in jewels.

Here's a showcase at lvl 72.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UCDS08ZO_k
hello there sweet build...

I have a lvl 90 shadow at the moment that i want to respec into this build.

What do you think of dual void batterys? and a 6link carcass jack

im on standard so my budget is pretty high

ign: aryatheshewolf

add me!
"
Ezcompany wrote:
hello there sweet build...

I have a lvl 90 shadow at the moment that i want to respec into this build.

What do you think of dual void batterys? and a 6link carcass jack

im on standard so my budget is pretty high

ign: aryatheshewolf

add me!
Will do once I'm on.

Void batteries offer less crit but higher spell damage while having no multiplier.

E.g

60 crit ( 160 with +2 pc)
145 spell dmg
20 cast speed

Vs

189% crit per dagger
70 something spell dmg
38 crit multi
Ele dmg for spells

If you already have the VB I would test the damage difference as I'm curious myself. Probably adds about 4.5k per.

As for carcass, if you're sustaining the mana cost you're good to go.
Last edited by Qwark28 on Oct 21, 2015, 2:36:41 AM
Hi Qwark !

First, thx for your build ! I've been playing it for 3 weeks now and I'm enjoying it. I always loved crit-based / "bursty" kind of gameplay.

First time playing PoE for more than one week and higher than lvl 50...

_________Two questions I would like to ask you__________________

1/ I bought a 6L chest yesterday and put the faster casting gem inside. (I played with a 5L before).

With 194% cast speed modifier on Shock Nova, it feels more instant than instant and that's a cool thing.
But I would like to know what is your opinion on the "Concentrated Effect" gem.

2/ With ~40k dps fully buffed and 5k7 EHP, I own pretty much everything on my way.
But I feel quite squishy against physical damage such as goats jumping/stun-locking my ass and so on.

Whirling blades brings a really good mobility but sometimes, its not enough.

So what ?
-Dropping my Innervate gem on Herald of thunder in order to sustain Arctic Armor ?
-Shield ?
-1k ES and then looking for some armor ?

Have a good day ;)
"
Orkh wrote:
Hi Qwark !

First, thx for your build ! I've been playing it for 3 weeks now and I'm enjoying it. I always loved crit-based / "bursty" kind of gameplay.

First time playing PoE for more than one week and higher than lvl 50...

_________Two questions I would like to ask you__________________

1/ I bought a 6L chest yesterday and put the faster casting gem inside. (I played with a 5L before).

With 194% cast speed modifier on Shock Nova, it feels more instant than instant and that's a cool thing.
But I would like to know what is your opinion on the "Concentrated Effect" gem.

2/ With ~40k dps fully buffed and 5k7 EHP, I own pretty much everything on my way.
But I feel quite squishy against physical damage such as goats jumping/stun-locking my ass and so on.

Whirling blades brings a really good mobility but sometimes, its not enough.

So what ?
-Dropping my Innervate gem on Herald of thunder in order to sustain Arctic Armor ?
-Shield ?
-1k ES and then looking for some armor ?

Have a good day ;)

Conc effect is not very good for shock nova, it increases damage a bit but you already have more than enough and then it requires you get even closer to mobs.

VS goats and etc you should be making them whiff their first attack or killing them on sight. If there are too many enemies and some get close and stunlock you, that's a problem pretty much every caster has to deal with and the only way is to play in ways that you avoid that. Your DPS is more than enough to 1 shot even high lvl map mobs and whirling blades is easy enough to use against attacks with startup so I can suggest playing preemptively.

Positioning is vital, you should try to avoid letting anything get past the second ring which is easy enough against most mobs since the "wall" they have to pass is the one doing 50% more damage and a tooltip of around 40k translates to a bit over 100k actual DPS once you included curses, penetration, shocking, critting etc.

I would advise life on every single jewel you have and a good shield if you die too much, preferably one with high crit chance, life and ES.

Innervate I wouldn't advise to drop since onslaught's most important benefit is 20% increased movespeed which allows you to clear and dodge faster. It's great both offensively and defensively.

I'm currently experimenting with a different version of sustaining mana which is vaal clarity. If I can get it to work consistently then I'm going to change the build to be a bit tankier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info