[2.0] Incinerate totem MF build | 150k DPS solo | 366iir/84iiq - Warbands! | 7 jewel slots! | Culler

Now with videos!
Atziri down with the default gear!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dps Calculations:

Tooltip dps is ~13500 x 4 stages of incinerate is 54000 dps per totem. Assuming the mob has 0% fire res; 2 totems x 1,37 (37% fire pen) = 147960 edps. :) With IIR gem slotted of course.

This drops down a bit to 137000 dps with BOTH culling strike and IIR slotted.

This is BEFORE Flammability and/or Ele weakness!

You can't see IIR in the picture because im running a 5l -> Spell totem, Incinerate, Added chaos damage, Fire pen, Faster casting. I took out culling strike, and replaced IIR with added chaos damage. The free slot in the 6l is where IIR would be, but that'd require me to chrome it. Anyways, shows the same damage. :)

Note that the build does NOT have to be this expensive! For 6-7 EX in a new league it'll be the same dps with 15% less iiq and 50-60 iir, but still very, very capable!

You don't NEED a 6l. You can still achieve almost the same dps AND have the IIR gem socketed in a 5l!

The items I have don't have perfect iiq/iir rolls. If they did, the total would be 407% IIR and 98% IIQ with flask up, in a new, non-legacy league. On standard, with legacy items, this could be pushed much higher, as the only requirement is the staff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added videos of 73-79 rare maps, Olmec's sanctum and Poorjoy's asylum!

Also, lvl 81 (Vaal Temple) and lvl 82 maps down as a duo! (Except the trio who mopped the floor with us). Long and unexciting videos though.

ilvl 84 69 map ftw

4x rare Strand Map runs in 10 min:

Forgot Herald of Ice again :(

https://youtu.be/ntyMNe-hnSc

Plateau Map (lvl 77) Dps Showcase (6 min):

Comfortable and fast run in a 77 map:

https://youtu.be/7DqvFCbJvmo

Twinned Orchard Dps showcase, with Enfeeble:

I've videos of lvl 81 and 82 maps, poorjoys etc, but the best showcase is a regular, rare 8-mod twinned map to showcase how good the dps really is. I forgot to use Herald of Ice and the flame golem.

Also note that map has Enfeeble, cutting my dps by what, 30%? And yet:

https://youtu.be/EP8nlBhFtp4

Tried out an alternate setup for very hard maps, equipping Kaoms Heart (+500 hp, up to 40% fire dmg) which has a great synergy for us.

The stats will be the following: 5,3k hp, max res, (up to) 40% increased fire damage, 47% iir / 14% iiq less. Resulting in me having 14,8k dps(!) with very decent hp, by just exchanging one piece of gear!

Also for even more group utility, helm can be dropped, and Three dragons equipped for up to 50% more dps AND group damage. (Need to do more testing on this bit).

I've been rolling a dual flame totem mf build on warbands the last month, and after trying dual incinerate totems, I havent looked back.

Atziri down with full MF:

Two deaths, the minion phase only came once, leaving me flaskless =/ Still, im happy :)

I've 3,7k hp, max resists and 366% iir / 84% iiq on warbands.

I've made a 'cheaper' alternative as well, where the main version is pushing the limits quite a bit more, but costs more (8 jewel slots to fill), and the other is more traditional.

Current dps is (WITH Culling and IIR gem!) is 138k. (Check the dps calcuations section above for more info)

Add approx 15k dps on top of that if you use added chaos damage instead of culling while soloing.

Before curses!

Being a MF build, key items are:

Which means basically MF on all gear. My gear isnt optimal, missing hp on neck, alot of hp missing on the helm etc. Dex on helm and preferably neck is recommended.

Weapon of choice is Sire of Shards:

Not only does it provide a good damage increase, it adds the "Fire projectiles in a nova" mod, which makes life so much easier. I could never go back to turning totems again.

I'm not running faster projectiles (which i felt i had to with dual flame totems) because i feel that a q20 incinerate alone covers enough ground.

Videos:

Rare Strand map (lvl 73):

Rare Shipyard map (lvl 79)

Duo with a great curser. Note that I'm the only one doing DPS.

https://youtu.be/3Yf6ZdKQQCE

Residence map (lvl 76):

Last floor + Dominus, solo.
https://vimeo.com/140252174

Olmec's Sanctum (73 Unique map):

Showcasing MF. (Yes the chaos damage in the beginning startled me :P).

https://vimeo.com/140260632

4 Uniques, not amazing ones, but still.
And 11 amulets/rings + currency. :)

Precinct map (lvl 78)

Temporal chains, but still 7 min.
https://youtu.be/rZjDM5iyfN0

Arsenal map (lvl 79) 140% iiq corrupted, solo:

For some reason the whole run turned black =/ Was 2 deaths though, but overall ok.

Poorjoy's Asylum unique map (aka rip map) (lvl 73):

The whole run took around 15 min and was deathless. Not exactly manmode though. :)
The clip shows some of the map, and the boss kill.

https://youtu.be/NWCoHKS9PMg

Vaal Temple map (lvl 81):

Got the whole run recorded, but long and uneventful. That and a 82 academy (thanks zana).

Plateau Map (lvl 77) Dps Showcase (6 min):

Comfortable and fast run in a 77 map:

https://youtu.be/7DqvFCbJvmo

Twinned Orchard Dps showcase, with Enfeeble:

I've videos of lvl 81 and 82 maps, poorjoys etc, but the best showcase is a regular, rare 8-mod twinned map to showcase how good the dps really is. I forgot to use Herald of Ice and the flame golem.

Also note that map has Enfeeble, cutting my dps by what, 30%? And yet:

https://youtu.be/EP8nlBhFtp4

Screenshots:

Defence

Will add more..

Skill Trees:

My Gear:

Leveling:

The leveling section is still a WIP :)

Starting up, it's pretty much like any other (flame) totem build:

- Using Lightning Tendrils and picking up Flame Totem at lvl 4.
- Grab 2 Quicksilver flasks asap.
- Aim for Perandus Blazon and Sadima's Touch Gloves (IIQ belt and gloves, BiS for us). Both are very affordable in any league.

- Grab some damage, hp, and aim for Ancestral Bond. I'm getting AB @ 44 points, but it can be rushed earlier if wanted.

- Find two wands with either or all of the following: Spell damage, Cast speed, Faster Projectiles, Fire damage.
- Slot Empower/Enlightnen as much as you can! Buy a +6% quality to gems haku weapon and have it in the swap slot.

- Level Incinerate (several if possible), Faster Casting, IIR gem, Fire penetration, Spell totem for future use.
- Try to obtain Goldwyrm boots, these are usually somewhat expensive (currently 1ex for 18% and 2-3ex for 20% in Warbands.)

- Get a Sire of Shards, preferably 5-linked, and you'll be set! Aim for 85%+ Projectile damage roll. At this point you can switch over to Incinerate totems! Links are following: Spell Totem + Incinerate + Fire Penetration + Increased Item Rarity + Faster Casting.

- Dexterity will be lacking. Try to get it on equipment, if not, on jewels.

Links:

Solo: Spell totem + Incinerate + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration + IIR + Added Chaos damage
Remove the added chaos damage in a 5-link.

Group:
Spell totem + Incinerate + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration + IIR + Culling Strike

Cursing with Flammability.

Also using Herald of Ice as an extra dps boost in easy maps.
Summon Flame golem.

Vaal Haste with Increased Duration
Vaal Skeletons in addition to help tanking in difficult situations has worked well.

That's it. Alot of free slots for leveling empower and whatever. :)

Bandits:

Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Kill all
Merciless: Kill all

Jewels:

is a must, otherwise the rest of the slots are used to either balance resistances, dex needs, hp and/or damage. Initially when being poor etc, I usually have to prioritize resists/dex. Later, when gear allows, I usually replace them with hp/damage jewels. My current jewels are dex/resist ones.

My current:

Some are still crappy, and I'm missing one being a witch instead of scion.

Old gear:

Changelog:

24.09-01.10: Added constantly tons of videos, updated gear, updated sections, phew!
23.09: Added alot of videos, including Poorjoy's Asylum and 77-79 maps.
22.09: Added videos and edited the guide to actually look somewhat ok. :)

Tips for new leagues:

- Aim to get Sadima's Touch, Perandus Blazon and possibly Goldwyrm if you can as early as possible. The first two are usually very cheap. Remember IIQ increases the currency drops, so the earlier you get them, the better!

- Remember, we've 21 (!) free sockets! Including the inactive weapon. Fill them up with empowers, enlightens and incinerate, or other gems that are popular!

- Buy a 6% increased quality of gems weapon from haku for your empowers and enlightens and have it in the alternative weapon slot.

- Efficiency is the key. No need to do hard 78+ maps if you can't do them quick and painfree. There are only a few items extra that might drop, and maps of course, that won't drop in a 73 map.

- Ventor's are expensive and risky. When you've gotten your core, buy one and divine it till you're happy. It's worth it.

I'm still tinkering on the build and this guide is work in progress.

To do:

- I've to fill all 7 jewel slots (currently only 4 are vacated, lol).
- Get a 20/21 Incinerate.
- Buy more optimal gear (Hp on more items, perhaps cast speed on neck as well)
- Explain how 2 items can sacrifice some iir/iiq for alot of survivability and group dps (Kaom's Heart + Three Dragons)
Last edited by krilox on Oct 1, 2015, 2:48:14 AM
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2016, 8:48:50 PM
Basically what I'm saying is that you can get up to 80k aoe dps with the build with a 5l sire of shards, and the rest naked.

Smart totem placement and los'ing mobs does wonders. Done maps till 80 with no problems. Even though you will be squishy.
Made the guide more readable, and added a video. Will add more videos of higher lvl maps soon :)
looks interesting
would love a video however so we can see how well it does(current video is blocked?)

prob gonna try it out was looking for a new solo MF :D
"
lycanking20 wrote:
looks interesting
would love a video however so we can see how well it does(current video is blocked?)

prob gonna try it out was looking for a new solo MF :D

Yeah had Rammstein on in the background and got blocked because of that, should work within 10 min or so :)
Added a solo 73 run, and a duo 79 shipyard run with a great curser. Note that i'm the only one doing dps :)

Also RIP Rammstein as background music :(
Added videos of 73-79 rare maps, Olmec's sanctum and Poorjoy's asylum! Check them out :D
What's the point of going BM? My 6L incinerate totem costs 33 mana/cast, yours is probably 50? Go hybrid, get way more survivability. Also what scenarios do you actually see the benefit of Sire, party culling specifically, or do you think it's better solo as well? Remember wands can get up to 40% projectile speed each, greatly increasing the effective range of incinerate totems.

All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Sep 24, 2015, 2:21:21 PM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
What's the point of going BM? My 6L incinerate totem costs 33 mana/cast, yours is probably 50? Go hybrid, get way more survivability. Also what scenarios do you actually see the benefit of Sire, party culling specifically, or do you think it's better solo as well? Remember wands can get up to 40% projectile speed each, greatly increasing the effective range of incinerate totems.

BM has other benefits as well, like adding 45% hp with 3 nodes, and has useful nodes nearby.
I had to rearrange alot to be able to run dual heralds and a third aura. Only running a herald extra wasnt worth it.

Imo Sire is a pretty big QoL improvement, especially with big, tough packs. My two totems cover quite alot ground still :) For party culling, sire is sure to hit any mob, no matter what the totem focuses on, solo it's also faster imo.

What kind of numbers are you seeing with your setup?

I run anger+discipline. Get 11k tooltip on totem, so around 90k overall. EHP is 3.5k HP + 5.5k ES with 2 wands, and 7k ES with wand+shield.

MF is 300/40 with div dist and no ventors (cheap gear).
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info