Hall of Grandmasters, WTF

It isn't the sort of map that you can just throw all your damage at and expect to win. Like many things in this game, it requires some research.

PA doesn't exactly have a free ride in HoGM either, contrary to popular belief. A lot of the tankiest builds are CI. Can't really speak for EA though.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Did it got changed or buffed in awakening ?

Otherwise youtube is your friend, there are videos of ppl going at it.
"It is a cruel joke that man was born with more intent than Life."
"
Xaxarius wrote:
"
"
Xaxarius wrote:
ok, teach me please. Is there some build that can do this whole thing??? I would have thought mjolner could tear through this thing like kleenex at a snot party

I wish you luck in getting gameplay help in this discussion. You're sort of late to the GMH-is-bullshit party -- most people knew it was a trainwreck from the start, but eh. Have fun.

not just looking for gameplay help, also just trying to understand this thing. I don't play PVP.
IDK about this being a "thing" to complain about it since before, I just played t again for the first time in awhile and it seemed really crappy to lose XP on this thing when it's so ridiculously hard. Is it not ok to talk about stuff if it's been talked about before and you didn't know about it, jeez

It's actually not that hard in the sense that these are player-made characters built and geared for PVP except they can not flask or use abilities intelligently. So they will have some inherent tankiness against many builds but they will fail a lot more often than when the actual players are controlling them. If you're going in there trying to smash things PVE style then you will have a hard time. Many of the harder players have geared for block/spell block. They may also be unwavering or unfreezable etc. Realize that actual PLAYERS designed these characters and some are very well thought out more than others or yours.

Like many things in this game, some builds will do certain content better than others.

The one good point you have though is that normally PVP does not punish you with EXP loss so I feel this map should not either. But EXP loss should have nothing to do with difficulty. Core Malachai is harder than this map depending on map mods and build.
I killed every last motherfucker in there. Died only once.

Copy my build and win ;))
"
Xaxarius wrote:
ok, teach me please. Is there some build that can do this whole thing??? I would have thought mjolner could tear through this thing like kleenex at a snot party

Lot of build can do it, get a Block pen gem and it will be far easyer
The grandmasters are player-made, so many are indeed really tough.

My advice is to play defensively, try to separate them and not take on a wave at once. Many of them are PvE builds, so feel free to use PvP tricks such as block penetration to your advantage.

Have ways to deal with chaos damage, or you won't last long against a poison arrow build, and have lots of mobility. Unlike players, grandmasters target where you are, not where you're going to be.

You want to be able to identify what build you're fighting, and take it on accordingly. In PvP this means often keeping an arsenal of gems and items in your inventory to adapt on the fly. Fighting a low-life build? Can you cull it and save yourself the trouble?

Also note that because you're not fighting packs, single target damage is more useful here than in most other maps.

"
ramosmichel wrote:
Did it got changed or buffed in awakening ?

Otherwise youtube is your friend, there are videos of ppl going at it.

First it got most of its wings removed, now it has a couple more than it did pre-Awakening.

There's still at least a couple more wings to come.

Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
There are a few videos of players that can do it. A good one is Hemogeny soloing with a CI trapper build:
World First Clear Halls of Grandmaster

Edit: This is a classic example of GGG's never matching the rewards with the content difficulty. Hemogeny gets through this extremely difficult map but the chest drops are F'ckin crap. WTF??? No uniques, no T1 rares. Come on GGG. You feed us shit (bad drops) yet you want us to happily play forever and buy mtx's. GGG, you have very strange and very wrong ideas about risks/rewards. I have 2 of these maps and hell if I'll be playing 1 of them any time soon.

But GGG has always had the usual RNG crap drops even for high risk bosses so nothing has changed, not back when Hemogeny ran the Hall map and not now with PoE 2.x. Hey GGG, what's it going to take for you to realize that you get back what you give out. Sorry but I don't reward for trash loot 99.999% of the time.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 13, 2015, 7:55:37 AM
GGG should have removed death penalty from the map. You're going to die to ridiculous stupid stuff, so at least with no death penalty people in HC and people gunning for level 100 can enjoy the map as well. Otherwise it's a map limited only to people sitting on 0% xp and okay with that.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
How am i supposed to get 10*

Got 2 of those maps.... but i play in hc. This one was from a Gambler (Divination card)....
I want to see someone killing all of them now after 2.0. there are some builds there that dont even do any damage, its just a wall of es with crazy regen.

I remember the first time i tried that map, hc league with a cyclone, riped right away to a minion instability witch like a pro. My best run was with a crit puncture, i guess a good aegis build with a lot of dps can solo all of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info