[New Video][2.0.3] Thedalus' DW RT Reave (20 APS/160,000 DPS)

Really like your update :)

My Tanky Marauder idea:

End Game Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FGXeSgqi0-baoVS2WGtjc9-dqzqGPcyfNlyqayqWfMaOJBVJy-fPnIPZp760hcvZOdV1oCkFm8kqjbp42rBBFW1ns2nMJ_L-OsUcdl8ggfyQRuqwQfXfmMXLdK77ZHO891oZXloqW7AGm87eA218nJsbEYyCW20qAdngDWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRdi9_gp34wHchNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3AR1VeXQzHDM1oa2sF07QUteu-E76LqEuFAoCFgwYuBQTXvOu108SmlAecUTfxLvJ8YkZRvZlQuU9NvEPDyWoE6

Saved 3 points for bandits

40 life
8% atk spd
Frenzy Charge (4% atk spd, 4%dmg)

I passed:

Hematophagy
Cloth and Chain + 2x Arm and Evasion

Added:

All best life nodes

Alternative idea- Vampire Build!

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT5tqhVLZYa2Nz352rOoY9zJ82XKprKpZ8xo4kFWfPnIPZp760hcvZOdV1oCkFm_jasEEpzCfy_jrFHEbqsEH135jFy3Su-2RzvPdeWipbsAabzt4DbXycmxsRjIJbbSoB2eANZLYvb02ZU2-p2BBY3AR1VeXQzHDM1oa2sF07QUteu-E70CgIWDBi4FBNe867XTxKaWUb2ZULlPTbxDw8lqBOgHnNugaVWEhiO3h755Xdn9-4ITEe4xoZR6UWK-ezfKcbpf3voZgYVKTqIqzV1RzaxEaqfpM_04qI9NvJ5pq

Skipped some life toogle, 1 endurance charge for dmg/aps/Max Leech =)

Maybe it's better idea, we have leech boost from Daresso's Defiance and can get more from rare gloves, rings, amulet.. But maybe leech is capped? (Question's) Idk. :)

Question's:

Life leech- Capped? How it's works?

Razor's Edge- Bleeding is good? Never tested.

Arctic Armour- If I get 90% psy reduction this skill still work? 13% less dmg taken from rest of this dmg (10%)?
Cast When Damage Taken- Why 10 lvl?

Rumi's Concoction- Maybe this pot will be better?

+Can be used 2 times (30 from 60 charges)
+Block Nodes

-* In my idea I can easy evade atacks without this 75% Flee + Knockback from Lion's Roar, because I have Whirlwind Blades.
-* Knockback can help monsters to evade hits.

Really like your topic, Good Job!

P.S.
52 lvl atm, long way to test all (To much job in rl life)
Still waiting for vid's.

Last edited by mllody313 on Sep 20, 2015, 8:57:05 AM
nice build mate keep it up ;)

kind regards
Xpliciit
Heey, sorry for the delay, still overcoming the going back to work situation :p

@Xpliciit thanks mate! Always nice to get feedback :)

@mllody313 I saw your trees, I agree that the increased armour nodes should be respec'd in late late game. But until you hit that cap, I suggest using them, it's a very significant boost. Of course that your aim should be to stack enough armour to eventually respec those into something more useful (LIFE!)

The leech is an experiment I'm running at the moment, I'm not sure if it's that significant, I'm gonna add a few more Leech nodes when I get more levels and then I'm gonna decide if I'll actually keep them.
I've been testing more LGoH and in late late game I might actually completely switch and start using it. I think its effectiveness completely overshadows Leech. If I get enough DPS, maybe with a new weapon, I might actually just drop Added Fire Damage and start running LGoH.

About your questions, I think builds heavily based on Leech and/or Bleeding will require a specific set up around those things. (like increased damage over time for bleeding, etc.)
I also tried Bleeding, specifically while using this:

But it's one of those mechanics that is really hard to feel the reward (like Hypothermia), if you don't see numbers that can mathematically support the change, it's hard to take that path empirically alone.
But that's just my opinion, and I didn't explore them enough.

CwDT is at Level10 because it needs to be at least Level10 to support a Level12 Summon Chaos Golem (which needs to be Level12 for the Golem to give you +4% DR).

Arctic Armour is another of those things that are hard to evaluate. I am running it at the moment, trying to see how it works. But it's really hard to tell if it's making a difference.

Lion's Roar serves a specific purpose which is to keep certain bosses/mob packs away from you. Some bosses hit really hard at melee range and/or are hard to dodge. So you use Lion's Roar on them while Vaal Reave is up and basically they can't touch you because they're being knockbacked every 0.05 seconds.

Before I got Lion's Roar I used a simple Granite Flask of Iron Skin:

This is a leveling up suggestion (I'm still preparing an update foccused on how to level), and it provides an insane amount of armour.

Keep it up mate! I'm adding a video now and I'll add some more later on, together with some tree variants!
New video added: How to use physical reflect to your advantage

This video shows the powerful combination of Daresso's Defiance and a CwDT + Immortal setup.
Since we're attacking incredibly fast with not so powerful hits, not only can Leech make up for the reflect damage most of the time, but the damage being gradually taken will keep triggering Immortal Call, making you Immune to Physical Damage for the most part of the run. So the mod "Physical Reflect" is ACTUALLY a GREAT thing for this build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55dMq3_x_fM
What u think about change Chaos Golem for Molten Shell and go Cwdt-IC-MS-ID all Max Lvl?

When u get 3272 Dmg u will get Max time Immortal Call + 1508 Dmg Absorb and 943 Armor from Molten Shell.

This not better than perma 4% psy reduction from chaos golem?

Enfeeble need 155 Int to be max lvl ^^
Maybe I should drop Devoto's and bring high armor/ life helmet + Astramentis Onyx Amulet?
Last edited by mllody313 on Sep 24, 2015, 9:55:41 AM
It's the same approach as those %armour nodes, when you have enough, you can switch the Golem. Until then I really do not recommend neglecting %physical dr because some bosses hit really hard!

I've changed my tree a little bit, I'm testing some more things. At the moment I'm no longer running Leech. My current tree has 2 more jewels, and the 7 points missing will all go to %increased HP.

I respec'd Leech because I'm REALLY enjoying with LGoH.

Current tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAuR0V7JkrvYHKkITZR34B3L02d-NlTaluvqd5aMAaYEHBBHgNbztjcF8_VbW18hHVFCCezXJsNZJttFeX7w6nMGxG2L2oB0MxUEefyzIJZ4DDM9rB5FFaGoTvdO2XeaLqBS0oKhLheu-LT0Cgm2pGtyFghVLTb8GLdPHZYYFBKaWtjTXvz3467Xas6hj3Mvjrcql82RRx89277ayq2Xwbqmhlkc5Z84IHEPDBB58-GjhyD_JB8lrXfi3SkFWUb2aegTpjFycvZlT60hZvFy_jamTnVdaApP4K_o9N46ZXOuHyRYnYaFjXlrc-g8w8LYNf

My next upgrades will be getting a +1 Frenzy Charge (through Atziri's Step) and new Right Ring and Amulet to make up for the lost %ele resist.

I do not think I'll use that CwDT combo because as you can see from this last video, having a lower ceiling for the IC (currently at ~1k) to proc is really OP in reflect maps.

Edit: My Enfeeble is only Lv18 atm!
Last edited by Thedalus on Sep 24, 2015, 2:57:51 PM
Thedalus,

I just started this build after hunting around for a Reave spec that appealed to me. I liked Ziggy's Southpaw setup, but I wanted something a bit tankier and a bit different. Your guide is just what the doctor ordered.

My main question (and I think you just addressed it in a previous post) is in how to cope with mana issues through the leveling process. I don't think with the changes to leech in 2.0.x that I can sustain mana with jewels etc. I just don't think it will keep up with this setup. Since it's going to be a bit before I get myself a Soul Taker does anyone else running this build have any solid suggestions on leveling? So far I'm sticking to a lower attack speed main hand and relying on bigger hits and it's working pretty efficiently with Goldrim + Aurumvorax + Tabula going. I'm just not sure how long it will work until I start getting diminishing returns.

At the moment I'm running: Reave + Faster Attacks + Added Fire + Melee Phys.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Hello Khavali, glad that more people are trying the build, thanks!

The mana issue is a very legitimate question, one that I definitely should address in an update regarding Leveling. (I'm aware that at the moment this guide isn't really Leveling-friendly! In the future I'll be adding a Leveling section foccusing on how to approach lower levels - mid levels - high levels).

The solution between Level 31 and getting a Soul Taker is quite simple:

You can use the "Blood Magic" support gem for Reave and Whirling Blades when you reach Level 31. Before Level 31 you should simply not Reserve all your mana (you don't really need Determination/Herald of Ash for example in lower levels) and rely on mana pots.

Personally I only got my Soul Taker at Level 80-something, (it cost me 7ex at the time, it should be cheaper now) I used Blood Magic from the moment I couldn't sustain the mana efficiently until then.
The drawback is basically losing some DPS because it's a gem that will enter your Reave links.

Your Reave links should evolve something like this:
3 links
Reave + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage

4 links
Reave + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike

5 links (this is a huge upgrade, from this moment on, you say goodbye to mana)
Reave + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Blood Magic

5 links (enter Soul Taker, and huge area of effect)
Reave + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Increased Area of Effect

6 links (more damage! this should work until Level 90)
Reave + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Increased Area of Effect + Added Fire Damage

6 links (after Level 90 it gets grindy and you really don't want to die, I recommend using Life Gain on Hit instead of Added Fire Damage)
Reave + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Increased Area of Effect + Life Gain on Hit

I hope this helped, basically you should try to match the moment that you can afford the 5L to the moment where you can't sustain mana.

Thanks again and good luck! :)
Last edited by Thedalus on Sep 29, 2015, 1:44:11 PM
Made it to level 80 with a 270 pdps corsair sword main hand and a lavianga's offhand for aoe boost. I have used Daresso's 4L this whole time. Found a 5L Daresso's for 1 ex so i can use blood magic or keep saving for soul taker?
Hey bud!
Well, in terms of DPS using a Blood Magic in a 5L or a Soul Taker in a 4L is pretty much the same, so if you have to decide between those I would choose the Soul Taker because you'll carry that one to the late late stages anyway (and it also works with Whirling Blades).

Also, you say you're using your attacking weapon on your Main Hand. There is a difference in DPS/APS depending on which hand you're using, read the "Ambidexterity" node to decide with which hand you want to be attacking. (I'd recommend Off Hand!)

Peace!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info