[3.2]Blink & Mirror Arrow Necromancer * Shaper down * Build of the Week * Deadeye version added*

"
Desarix wrote:
Does the fact that traps now go off after a time help at all with survivability. I can understand having to throw them closer to the boss and thus placing yourself at risk and dying but if you just throw them and run and let the trap go off on its own help.

Its not very effective. Since you will be taking duration nodes to extend the time of your clones existence, that will also increase the lifetime of trap before it detonates. Even with Sunblast it takes a while for traps to detonate on their own. You don't really need to be close to boss. Cluster traps gives a good throwing range. On top of that you can use golems/non trap clone as a decoy first before going in and throwing traps.
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
"
Drakeboy wrote:
I'm wondering how good would be taking Skin of the Lord chest with Unwavering Stance keystone and dump Minion set there and that opens up more possibilites with different bows as their hits can't be evaded thanks to the keystone.

Getting that chest is kinda hard in league but might try it out in standart after league ends.

U wat. First of all minions doesn't benefit from non-minion keystones. Neither they use armor.
Second of all Unwavering Stance makes YOU unable to evade ENEMY attacks.

my bad then. meant Resolute Technique not unwavering stance :D. And I hoped that keystone worked kinda like support gem that when you link minion skill into it they get that keystone effect. Sad it doesn't work that way. It could make some interesting builds
I have a question about elemental equilibrium.

I have fire dmg on my amulet and use generosity together with wrath and hatred. So that fire dmg on my amulet should proc -50% to cold and light resist, if I understand correctly.

However, on my current ring there is also lightning dmg added to my attacks. Does that screw up the above scenario (I hit them with lightning dmg, so they gain +25% resist to lightning?)?
Yes. If your attack deals fire and lightning damage, then the mob will have +25 fire, +25 lightning, and -50 cold resist.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
"
dariidar wrote:
Yes. If your attack deals fire and lightning damage, then the mob will have +25 fire, +25 lightning, and -50 cold resist.

Ok, great, thanks
Did all content in the game using this build! Selling off all my gear quite cheap, and VERY optimized for endgame stuff.

IGN: FrontPorchStep

Ok so I am not sure if its is just me/my set up but since the latest patch, there seems to bee something really off with the summons and their duration.

Before the patch, i would hit about 3/4 of each summon and they would all end one after the other. Since the patch, sometimes (I have no idea how this triggers) the summons seem to have no duration and stay indefinitely or at least for an exceptionally long time. It usually gets to 10 of each and then POOF, they all vanish at the same time. I have hit 18 of each summon at one point. I am pretty sure this isn't a visual bug since the mobs seems to be getting hit by every single hit. I will do some more testing and you can see it all in my latest twitch vod when I was farming atziris and some guardians.
Any chance you could put together leveling trees for the Deadeye version as well?
Did the trap version in Abyss, I think I'll try the new and improved Deadeye version in Flashback.
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
"
Desarix wrote:
Does the fact that traps now go off after a time help at all with survivability. I can understand having to throw them closer to the boss and thus placing yourself at risk and dying but if you just throw them and run and let the trap go off on its own help.

Its not very effective. Since you will be taking duration nodes to extend the time of your clones existence, that will also increase the lifetime of trap before it detonates. Even with Sunblast it takes a while for traps to detonate on their own. You don't really need to be close to boss. Cluster traps gives a good throwing range. On top of that you can use golems/non trap clone as a decoy first before going in and throwing traps.

Thank you for replying and I have already played this by making a few changes. I am using the deerstalker boots for a pseudo 5 link for blink arrow and I decided to get a totem with summon raging spirits,some zombies,golem and two spectres. No longer in danger of being attacked with the huge number of minions I have. Only issue is the mana costs of the traps for mirror and blink arrow. The larger the number of links the more intensive is the mana costs. I am using a flask for now but I must look to some nodes to help or gear with mana reduction.

No problem getting the traps to go off and I get easily sometimes 12 or even up 18 minions all looking like me plus the 5 zombies,a stone golem and 2 spectres with the raging spirits too. I took on Malachai yesterday and it was not so bad as I thought it would be hard but it wasn't. I was thinking this build would be hard to work without 6 links. I did the content with a 4 link bow and 4 link chest and the deerstalker boots. The chest wasn't even a unique some plain ones I crafted. I used multitraps because cluster was reducing damage by too much and I experimented with increased duration for the minions but found elemental damage attack still better especially since my links are so few.

It is a very enjoyable build as it plays like no other. I have modified this using other minions but since you are already taking all the nodes for minions the minions do well. I know it is strictly not the OP's build but I thought I would share. Plus I started using the traps as soon as I could set up some 4 links this build works even at a low level.
Last edited by Desarix on Apr 24, 2018, 1:49:37 PM
I've tried several iterations of this build and most recently gave the trap version another shot after seeing a successful sunblast variant in action. Non-sunblast variants are very risky because you have to target enemies and the trap throwing animation roots you in place for a while. With sunblast, you can focus on dodging and just throw traps wherever. I've been having a huge amount of success with this on a minimal budget. The new shaper mods and abyss jewels make the damage crazy and playstyle a lot smoother. My mirror arrow is at 90k dps per summon up to 28 at a time.

PoB link to my character and prospective lvl 95 tree: https://pastebin.com/xQmB3NX3

My gear 3 days into the league (started really late and got super lucky with 6L my tinkerskin)

"

The build is very squishy, so I grabbed acrobatics to at least have some semblance of defense and added CWDT immortal call even though gem slots are limited. You can also get blind/taunt on abyss jewels for your minions to soak up damage. Definitely not HC viable without major changes to the tree though (only +150% life from tree). If you play a bit slower, it can still be very safe because you can offscreen everything since your traps don't need to be triggered and the damage is very high. Quartz flask is REALLY helpful for the phasing because traps take some time to set and you can easily get stuck in some enemies if you're going fast.

Some specifics about the gear:
- Sunblast + enough cheap constructions to reduce your traps to 0.4s makes them almost trigger immediately while also being able to trigger tinkerskin secondary effects (traps that expire will not)
- Rest of jewel slots abyss jewels
- Clarity corruption is easy to get on sunblast to save you a slot and get commander of darkness bonus
- Lioneyes is best weapon as always
- Tinkerskin makes playing with traps so much smoother with the 30% trap cooldown recovery
- Up to 15% additional cooldown recovery speed on boots and another 30% from tree (hasty reconstruction)
- Slow proj + trap on shaped gloves gives you an extra pseudo six-link combined with the CD recovery means you pretty much don't run out of traps
- +1 curse amulet for proj weakness + ele weakness
- Deafening essence of misery quiver for the +3 pierce

I'm still working through the atlas and have only cleared up to T9, but I can do every map mod and the speed has been pretty good. Boss dps is ridiculous with most bosses dying before I even see them and beasts dying before I can trap them. I took a shot at Atziri when I was lvl 70 and she instantly transitioned between all her phases because I could set up a ton of clones. May make a separate guide once I clear some of the more difficult content, but wanted to share what I came up with because I couldn't find a good sunblast build and had to experiment with my own.

edit: here's a short video of an atziri kill so you can see how it plays https://youtu.be/ged-zuDbOvg
Last edited by RemonRaimu on Apr 25, 2018, 3:44:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info