So 90% of good HLD players are...

"
lapiz wrote:

The difference between 6k hp and 9k isnt a big as people make it out be to be honest.. Very, very few things deal 6k dmg instantly. Pvp is all about potion management. Also an extra 6link can easily be worth 2,5k hp in some matchups (looking at you legacy kaom users).

Also, anyone who plays pvp with a life based char without phase acrobatics need to reconsider their build. Unless you are aegis for some reason.

People need to realize defense does not equal the size of your life/ES pool.

Kaom heart leg users can get 13k hp. 9k hp vs cold users or 6k hp vs cold user is a big difference since freeze duration and other crap is often based on life pool.
There is more and more build dealing 5k+ damage, crit build, whispering, bleed....

Even if you would take "only" 3k-5k in the end of 1 attack you have 1k to 3k life left, meaning you need to 1 shot your oponent to survive his next attack or run/die.

More life also mean more regen so for 2h the more life the better Imo.

And yea, you said it, 2h life based should take dodge, this thing that is about 33pt away if you take a staight line from the marauder start.

All in all 2h is screwed since dodge is so far, life non leg is not that much and dps if you are rt totaly suck without mirror.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 18, 2015, 7:38:12 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

The difference between 6k hp and 9k isnt a big as people make it out be to be honest.. Very, very few things deal 6k dmg instantly. Pvp is all about potion management. Also an extra 6link can easily be worth 2,5k hp in some matchups (looking at you legacy kaom users).

Also, anyone who plays pvp with a life based char without phase acrobatics need to reconsider their build. Unless you are aegis for some reason.

Kaom heart leg users can get 13k hp. 9k hp vs cold users or 6k hp vs cold user is a big difference since freeze duration and other crap is often based on life pool.
There is more and more build dealing 5k+ damage, crit build, whispering, bleed....

Even if you would take "only" 3k-5k in the end of 1 attack you have 1k to 3k life left, meaning you need to 1 shot your oponent to survive his next attack or run/die.

More life also mean more regen so for 2h the more life the better Imo.

And yea, you said it, 2h life based should take dodge, this thing that is about 33pt away if you take a staight line from the marauder start.

All in all 2h is screwed since dodge is so far, life non leg is not that much and dps if you are rt totaly suck without mirror.

Not True. 13K health is very high amount and you gotta lose a lot dps for getting such HP pool. 13K health is autistic focus on tankiness, you would only be able walk around like a big piece of meat. 9K-10K health is what 2H RT cyclones have and Lib has 10.5K health with high end Bis gear + leg kaoms. 11K is max optimal HP pool you can get.

Freeze is not important, as lapiz said its all about initiation, if you initiate while your anti freeze potion is on and kill your opponent during that time, thats sufficient.

I had 205K Lightning strike build, pure light damage, light pen high multi etc. My dps was around 1.5Kper hit, and 4K per hit. 4K damage per hit is maximum hit you can ever get in pvp. I did a pvp with doeboy, as he claims he had like i dont know 300K+ Split arrow dps. The damage i receive was only 3.5, 4K.

2 things can one shot you in this game; molten shell & traps.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Sep 18, 2015, 7:50:31 AM
"
lapiz wrote:

Ladder currently doesnt speak for anything except what is popular and easy to build. EA is popular because it is dirt cheap to build. All attack builds require a mirrored weapon (or close to as good).

So you think best EA users use that skill because it is popular and cheap to build? I think they got the exalted to make any other build works but since that skill is broken they abuse it.
As lolozori said tell me how a templar/marauder can pick the acro node if it is on the opposite side of the skill tree, and i'm very curious to see all those viable option you mentioned, can you post someone or are them super secret?
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
"
Rupenus wrote:

I had 205K Lightning strike build, pure light damage, light pen high multi etc. My dps was around 1.5Kper hit, and 4K per hit. 4K damage per hit is maximum hit you can ever get in pvp. I did a pvp with doeboy, as he claims he had like i dont know 300K+ Split arrow dps. The damage i receive was only 3.5, 4K.

2 things can one shot you in this game; molten shell & traps.

I have 8.5k life and one shot from your sword take me 7k.

4k from the ls projectile if i try to run.

Also why willi one shot me if only 4k can be done with arrow? . Even you went ranged those days instead of melee crit anymway.

Try to take the pov of people having non mirror melee gear instead.

"
crazyjake wrote:

As lolozori said tell me how a templar/marauder can pick the acro node if it is on the opposite side of the skill tree, and i'm very curious to see all those viable option you mentioned, can you post someone or are them super secret?

They don t care about hld at GGG so all we rage or talk is for nothing most of the time. That being said,

About my personal experience (of a noob) i do take dodge that is why when i use a kaom i only have 6-7 k life if i use little damage nods. Without damage nods and using jewels i can get about 13k(about 3k lighting damage per hit) cyclone with bcr and 8,5k life. (sith in his thread with a 800 dps weapon was doing 7k phy per hit/6k lighting and he had 10900 hp with 980 regen)

It is possible for a 2h marauder to take dodge but then you do little damage vs others using shield,block es or leg kaom.

YOu could do damage with disfavor and bleed or going pen gem but now with this new amu and with all those guardian ref around Melee phy is shit with a disfavor.

Going p2light and pen gem is the best option IMO, still you will get rekt by any 1h build or leg kaom build without a 800pdps weapon.

The only ppl you can kill with a 2h 600pdps weapon and a non leg kaom are PA and some non block casters. Rest will just piss on you.

----------

But in general even the 2h good players are frustrated.

Sith quitted for that reason, Afhak got really frustrated by Mies last time too. Where is doom? Tommi is not even using is melee so much also.
Gutz last time was getting one shot by reflect guardians,

2h rt melee is in bad shape, even when you use good gear.

Also those PVP thread are desert, only the same old guys debating about the same old stuff and noobs (me) posting the same shit, GGG don t even communicate in the PVP forum to clear stuff up and make people believe.

Mulla made a nice thread to help but when only a few builds are Ok to use in pvp then a lot of people will not want to try.

By not balancing PVP GGG just made people avoid it all together and that is all of you the pros who will suffer in the end.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 18, 2015, 2:32:08 PM
"
lapiz wrote:

2hand is worse than s&b/dualwield crit yes. Despite that fact, there are options for 2handers (options I havent seen people using for some reason).

Maybe all 2H users are stupid like me and missing all those options, i'm still waiting to you to post some examples, it's too easy to come here write a comment and ignore criticism
"
crazyjake wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

2hand is worse than s&b/dualwield crit yes. Despite that fact, there are options for 2handers (options I havent seen people using for some reason).

Maybe all 2H users are stupid like me and missing all those options, i'm still waiting to you to post some examples, it's too easy to come here write a comment and ignore criticism

The thing is, if I provide an answer here, you go try it in your own way and probably fail because you end up fighting someone 1000ex over your league. Then you come back and say it doesnt work. I would say it's way too easy to come here and say shit is imbalanced.

Anyhow, you could swap that precious leg kaoms to something else, like a belly. This opens up things like applying ridiculous curses for an example (RT chars can get an extra curse through items fairly easy and 5link +1 gems chests arent thaaaat expensive). Another option is to use a ranged attack, which is what I've been doing on my melee on a 4link, wishing I had a 6link for it instead.
I realized after 2 months that PoE PvP is just exploiting imbalanced - non reworked skills and pumping your ego and forgetting who you really are in real life.

EA - totally broken no need to explain
Traps - One shots 10K life

There is no room for casters / no room for melee at all / no room for any different idea than beeing ranged. Whispering Ice is good but i dont want that i dont want to use bows... so what can i do? I dont want to use bows. In poe meta that means... you gonna be rekt. No bows? no win.

Here will come some 2H guys and say No no no not true... 2H cycloners are doing very well... ''you just have to bla bla and bla bla to bla bla.'' and say EA is counterable. traps are no problem use Rain arrows... Yeah yeah... same old stories over and over. Some people are attached to things in order to breath in their lifes. Some enjoy money, some enjoy women, some enjoy career... some enjoy PoE PvP. They will defend what they attached with everything they have... and try to amke you believe waht they believe. But the truth is EA is stronger than ever after frost wall spam buff... Turtling is awarded by PoE greatly(traps, EA, whispering ice) and those who wants to have a real fight... will be punished by traps or wall spam EA orwhispering ice x1.5 screen aoe.

I confess that i was hopeful about poe pvp, im losing my hope slowly. PvP should be renamed as BvB, bow vs Bow soon. or Turtle vs Turtle.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Sep 23, 2015, 7:11:40 AM
Thanks Rupenus, you explained much better what are my thought on pvp as a 2H melee.

Lapiz you think you discovered a new 2H meta with that double curse 5L? This can only work for poor ranged build, still no chance vs any serious EA/Puncture Bow build, i'm working since i started playing pvp on a 6L cwdt setup that could work better and i still haven't' t found a reason to drop kaom(the non legacy one).
For the ranged weapon swap, it just reveal how less can melee do to counteract ranged, i don't even want to explain how well EA works in my build, i just refuse to use it on a player, it reminds me when everyone was playing Righteous Fire and they said that was fine.
"
crazyjake wrote:
Thanks Rupenus, you explained much better what are my thought on pvp as a 2H melee.

Lapiz you think you discovered a new 2H meta with that double curse 5L? This can only work for poor ranged build, still no chance vs any serious EA/Puncture Bow build, i'm working since i started playing pvp on a 6L cwdt setup that could work better and i still haven't' t found a reason to drop kaom(the non legacy one).
For the ranged weapon swap, it just reveal how less can melee do to counteract ranged, i don't even want to explain how well EA works in my build, i just refuse to use it on a player, it reminds me when everyone was playing Righteous Fire and they said that was fine.

I've always said 2handers are shit compared to tier1 builds. What I'm implying is that it is most likely possible to build a 2hander that can beat almost everything. The current 2handers cant beat anything close to tier1 really.

Also I feel that whispering ice is even more powerful than EA. There just arent any with really good gear and high level. My whispering ice is lvl 91 and has ghettoish gear as well.
Last edited by lapiz on Sep 23, 2015, 6:04:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info