So 90% of good HLD players are...

"
Soepkieken wrote:
... either bow or shield-melee.

- Where are all the spell-casters gone? Only Ice Storm seems to be viable (op?) now. There might be a bunch of them in the near future.
- Where are the trappers? I didn't meet up with any trapper for weeks!
- Two-hand melee: these poor guys don't stand a chance against anyone.
- Totemers, summoners and other fun builds have never been around at all.

Why is there so few seperate pvp-balance?
Diversity is almost non-existant in HLD... .

I used to play a totemer. It's hard countered by too many popular pvp builds:
1. totems die in 0.00001 seconds to poison arrow clouds, and there's no way to increase totem chaos resistance.
2. totems do not target summon raging spirits. Spirits will kill the totems without the totems shooting back.
3. even level 22+ totems are easily instagibbed or near instagibbed immediately after placement if a player is standing still spamming stuff like arc.
4. reflect mechanics like tempest shield tend to wreck totems, especially flame totem

Summoners are problematic because there's not enough time to summon your army. Really, players should be able to cast/buff/etc during the countdown.

Low life aura builds are problematic for the same reason as summoners: not enough time to aura up. In some of the small pvp maps you can't even get 2 aura's up before a poison cloud is on you.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Sep 15, 2015, 9:59:14 PM
Melee are far behind in ladder since 2.0 brought a great damage increase and very few defense option in my opinion (except the block), fortify is a joke since you have to hit something in order to get the % reduction, it doesn' t work with degen damage and if u deal elemental damage is a wasted slot, however even with 8k life and fortify on i get easily oneshotted by crit puncture/puncture trap/EA wall stack, even if i had 10k-12k or more life i don' t think would chance anything.
And even if a melee manages to get close a simple cwdt setup with ice wall/knockback is enought to make him stop attacking, so the only option is swap weapon and kill ranged with trap/bow, if things remain the same there will be only ranged to play pvp
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
"
crazyjake wrote:
Melee are far behind in ladder since 2.0 brought a great damage increase and very few defense option in my opinion (except the block), fortify is a joke since you have to hit something in order to get the % reduction, it doesn' t work with degen damage and if u deal elemental damage is a wasted slot, however even with 8k life and fortify on i get easily oneshotted by crit puncture/puncture trap/EA wall stack, even if i had 10k-12k or more life i don' t think would chance anything.
And even if a melee manages to get close a simple cwdt setup with ice wall/knockback is enought to make him stop attacking, so the only option is swap weapon and kill ranged with trap/bow, if things remain the same there will be only ranged to play pvp

They fixed shotgun.

Now they should fix wall spam.

EA shouldnt be only Wall spam build. Check miesdeldolor's gameplay, Strong TC + smoke mines + amazing mirror arrow usage... EA's base damage should be buffed but anything that wall spams, Arctic Breath, KB, EA should be nerfed through changing wall spam mechanic.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I never cared about shotgun, if a player had the balls to come close and shotgun me with some skill, why not? But wall stack is all another thing, why try to balance skills when you can stack their damage multiple times? They destroy skill like vaal fire ball and leave KB,EA untouched
"
crazyjake wrote:

Melees do just fine to be honest. Only the best EAs prove to be problematic but by no means completely unbeatable. My melee has around 6k life.
"
lapiz wrote:
"
crazyjake wrote:

Melees do just fine to be honest. Only the best EAs prove to be problematic but by no means completely unbeatable. My melee has around 6k life.
\

Your melee is crit, with acrobatics, hp flasks and surgeons mod. This guy is probably RT 2h, it's not even a comparable experience ha. I've pointed out on numerous occasions just how much stronger 1h crit hp based acrobatics builds are then RT 2h, its a big gap overall versus all match ups. 500-800% damage multipliers, acrobatics and 5-6k hp > 8-10k hp and RT 2h damage with or without acrobatics bad. This games PvP is ass cheeks mostly based on the poor engine anyways. With the constant stuttering or desynch and screen freezing from all the shit flying off everyone. So it's less about playing smart/being a good player anymore, actually its almost not even important. Better to get quick face tank style kills and not worry about it much or troll with immortal versus most builds. So I pretty much quit caring but thought id point that last thing out.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

Your melee is crit, with acrobatics, hp flasks and surgeons mod. This guy is probably RT 2h, it's not even a comparable experience ha. I've pointed out on numerous occasions just how much stronger 1h crit hp based acrobatics builds are then RT 2h, its a big gap overall versus all match ups. 500-800% damage multipliers, acrobatics and 5-6k hp > 8-10k hp and RT 2h damage with or without acrobatics bad. This games PvP is ass cheeks mostly based on the poor engine anyways. With the constant stuttering or desynch and screen freezing from all the shit flying off everyone. So it's less about playing smart/being a good player anymore, actually its almost not even important. Better to get quick face tank style kills and not worry about it much or troll with immortal versus most builds. So I pretty much quit caring but thought id point that last thing out.

2hand is worse than s&b/dualwield crit yes. Despite that fact, there are options for 2handers (options I havent seen people using for some reason).

Also, it seems you are the only guy that I know of complaining about these stutter issues. Are you playing with a mobile connection or some other unstable setup? I have a 40mbs mobile connection yet I cant play poe if I'm watching a full quality stream at the same time. Dumb stuff. I think pvp actually got really nice and enjoyable after the introduction of lockstep.
"
lapiz wrote:

I think the ladder speaks for itself, not every melee play crit acro full mirror (thx god), however i played against a legacy kaom user with mirrored weapon/gear and i managed to kill him a few round, so damage is not my problem, so i think defence is. If against some ranged setup i die literally in 1 hit with 8k life how can you say is not problematic?
I don't see all these viable option for 2H when you are forced to take every single life node in tree just in order to get close enough to attack
Last edited by crazyjake on Sep 17, 2015, 5:47:42 PM
"
crazyjake wrote:
ranged setup i die literally in 1 hit with 8k life how can you say is not problematic?
I don't see all these viable option for 2H when you are forced to take every single life node in tree just in order to get close enough to attack

This,
2h non legacy kaom need to take only life nods and regen and stay with like 9-10k cyclone because they also need to use BCR.

Now Ci full ES regen take all es nods, get immortal almost and still can deal 4k-6k dps, good to hurt people stupid enough to attempt to kill them without mirror or traps.

The problem of 2h is that fucking non leg kaom don t give enough life or any interesting boost as a melee 2h and BCR gem reduce the dps.

Also lack of block pen on tree for any 2h weapon but swords.

How can you survive as a 2h when without leg kaom you have 8k life and a crit melee or a ranged build can deal 7,9 or even 9k a hit?

Melee 2h best option is actualy to run while ES regen best option is to facetank lol.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 18, 2015, 2:32:00 AM
"
crazyjake wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

I think the ladder speaks for itself, not every melee play crit acro full mirror (thx god), however i played against a legacy kaom user with mirrored weapon/gear and i managed to kill him a few round, so damage is not my problem, so i think defence is. If against some ranged setup i die literally in 1 hit with 8k life how can you say is not problematic?

"
lolozori wrote:

2h non legacy kaom need to take only life nods and regen and stay with like 9-10k cyclone because they also need to use BCR.

Now Ci full ES regen take all es nods, get immortal almost and still can deal 4k-6k dps, good to hurt people stupid enough to attempt to kill them without mirror or traps.

The problem of 2h is that fucking non leg kaom don t give enough life or any interesting boost as a melee 2h and BCR gem reduce the dps.

Also lack of block pen on tree for any 2h weapon but swords.

How can you survive as a 2h when without leg kaom you have 8k life and a crit melee or a ranged build can deal 7,9 or even 9k a hit?

Melee 2h best option is actualy to run while ES regen best option is to facetank lol.

Ladder currently doesnt speak for anything except what is popular and easy to build. EA is popular because it is dirt cheap to build. All attack builds require a mirrored weapon (or close to as good).

The difference between 6k hp and 9k isnt a big as people make it out be to be honest.. Very, very few things deal 6k dmg instantly. Pvp is all about potion management. Also an extra 6link can easily be worth 2,5k hp in some matchups (looking at you legacy kaom users).

Also, anyone who plays pvp with a life based char without phase acrobatics need to reconsider their build. Unless you are aegis for some reason.

People need to realize defense does not equal the size of your life/ES pool.
Last edited by lapiz on Sep 18, 2015, 5:09:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info