Daresso's Defiance interaction with block?

I'm planing a new character. While evaluating possible chest pieces the following question came up:

What is the interaction between block and Daresso's Defiance "when hit" mechanics (consumes all Endurance Charges to provide Onslaught buff).

Does PoE consider a blocked attack/spell as a hit?

Spoiler
I'd like to use Aegis Aurora, Iron Reflexes, Grace, Determination, high block & spell-block chance, Immortal Call, and Daresso's Defiance. I also want to use Reckoning, Vengeance and Tempest Shield setups to curse, cull and generate/maintain charges.

Daresso's should have multiple purposes.
1) an automated way to easy gain Endurance Charges
2) provide Onslaught buff during easy content to increase clear-speed

Thanks!
Last edited by fae76 on Sep 10, 2015, 3:10:57 AM
Anyone? I'd appreciate to know before wasting time and currency for a build that can't work.
Thanks!
Last edited by fae76 on Sep 9, 2015, 8:20:16 AM
Right, when you block a hit, on hit effects apply so I'd assume the same goes for 'on getting hit' effects too. Never actually tested it, but it should behave the same way.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Seems logical and is also what I would suspect. However in this case CWdT + IC should not work at all since you first need to get hit before you can take damage and following your assumption this should leave a IC triggered by CwDT with no Endurance Charges. But somehow CwDT procs before Daresso's and this is why I would be very grateful if someone owning Daresso's could test and clarify interaction between Daresso's and block mechanics.
Last edited by fae76 on Sep 9, 2015, 5:21:35 PM
"
fae76 wrote:
However in this case CWdT + IC should not work at all since you first need to get hit before you can take damage and following your assumption this should leave a IC triggered by CwDT with no Endurance Charges. But somehow CwDT procs before Daresso's and this is why I would be very grateful if someone owning Daresso's could test and clarify interaction between Daresso's and block mechanics.

Not really, you don't get hit before you take damage, the hit is one event that triggers all on hit events with their conditions satisfied. If that hit did enough damage to top up the damage counter the condition is satisfied and the spell will be triggered on that hit. In case of Daresso, it will trigger both the CwDT spell and the effect on armor, however skills have priority over items and that's why your charges grant you extra duration on IC instead of onslaught.

I run with a daresso chest and cwdt IC and yes, it burns the orbs into IC before onslaught.

It's a nice chest piece really.
"
I run with a daresso chest and cwdt IC and yes, it burns the orbs into IC before onslaught.

It's a nice chest piece really.

I know it works with CwDT + IC. That is not my question. I would like to know what happens when I use Daresso's with Iron Reflexes and high block chance. In this scenario I have no evasion and if Daresso's consumes charges on block I will never have Endurance Charges for IC.
"
raics wrote:

Not really, you don't get hit before you take damage, the hit is one event that triggers all on hit events with their conditions satisfied. If that hit did enough damage to top up the damage counter the condition is satisfied and the spell will be triggered on that hit. In case of Daresso, it will trigger both the CwDT spell and the effect on armor, however skills have priority over items and that's why your charges grant you extra duration on IC instead of onslaught.

Sounds very reasonable and logical. Let my ask if this is your speculation or knowledge confirmed by GGG?
If your correct, my build will not work, with Daresso's :-(
Blocking still counts as being hit, but you will still have IC as long as you kill stuff or generate charges in some other way.

"
fae76 wrote:
Sounds very reasonable and logical. Let my ask if this is your speculation or knowledge confirmed by GGG?
If your correct, my build will not work, with Daresso's :-(

Well, that's the way it works, Try socketing a CwDT spell in your helm and CoS in your boots and you should see that CwDT still goes before CoS when they both proc because they get triggered at the same time so slot location decides the trigger order, it's easiest to test with curses.

Also, gems do have the priority in all case where they clash with items, you can also see it on damage conversion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info