Daresso's Defiance interaction with block?

"
Zed_ wrote:
Blocking still counts as being hit, but you will still have IC as long as you kill stuff or generate charges in some other way.

I can't see how. With no evasion I will get hit constantly so Daresso's is going to instantly consume charges. This way IC can in most cases not consume more than 1 charge. This is not good enough and not what I was hoping for.
"
raics wrote:

Well, that's the way it works, Try socketing a CwDT spell in your helm and CoS in your boots and you should see that CwDT still goes before CoS when they both proc because they get triggered at the same time so slot location decides the trigger order, it's easiest to test with curses.

Also, gems do have the priority in all case where they clash with items, you can also see it on damage conversion.

Thanks, I appreciate your help!
"
fae76 wrote:
I can't see how. With no evasion I will get hit constantly so Daresso's is going to instantly consume charges. This way IC can in most cases not consume more than 1 charge. This is not good enough and not what I was hoping for.

Have you considered maxing dodge instead of block? Dodge doesn't count as a hit.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
this would be pretty easy to test honestly.

go into some garbage area and get some endurance charges and let a single monster attack you until you block and have endurance charges up.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

go into some garbage area and get some endurance charges and let a single monster attack you until you block and have endurance charges up.

I don't have Daresso's yet :-( If you have one and can test it and report your results here I would really appreciate it!
"
raics wrote:

Have you considered maxing dodge instead of block? Dodge doesn't count as a hit.

Dodge is not an option, with this toon I want to go max-block Aegis Aurora and make heavy use of Reckoning and Riposte. So I really want to get hit as often as possible :-)
"
fae76 wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

I don't have Daresso's yet :-( If you have one and can test it and report your results here I would really appreciate it!

i did find one and it's on my wild strike character right now. could try later. but a non-5L/6L one is cheap. you can pick one up for 1 chaos orb.
Would be nice if someone could answer this after it got tested for later users that search for that mechanical interaction.
"
fae76 wrote:
Does PoE consider a blocked attack/spell as a hit?
The short answer is yes. The more in depth answer is that a blocked hit is still a hit, but blocking will, in general, prevent most of the attacker's on-hit effects along with the damage, while letting the defender's when-hit effects still occur.
This is more applicable to general "on hit" effects rather than the specific effects of skills.
I am using daresso with 75 block on my facebreaker cyclone char... As Mark confirmed when you block it counts as a hit and you get onslaught with daresso.. (in my case +10k dps) if you get a big hit to activate your IC setup, you lose end charges for IC and although I did not really check carefullly, you will at least have 1-2 endurance charges when that happens cause daresso constantly generates charges...As a plus, daresso saves you from an endurance charge generation setup so you will have 3-4 free sockets to use for another setup.. So, in my opinion it is a really op chest piece to use on melee block chars...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info