New Themed Hideout Competition with Prizes!

Im wondering if there are any hidden rules to this?

Like my first idea is to make Auschwitz concentration camp, would i get banned from the competition or would it be suitable for it?
To kick off the event, we're having a 24 hour sale on all hideout decorations!

So it is Pay 2 Win? Oh mah god!

Spoiler
Joke, good luck to all that enter :P
Does the hideout have to be fully decorated (3 sections) or is this just based on the screenshots?

Also, I cant seem to find a deadline, am I blind?
"
We're starting a three-week-long hideout creation competition

I hope they'll post more exact info soon.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Cool idea and I'll participate. But when are you guys going to introduce a feature to let us save our hideouts? It sucks that I want to create a new one, but if I do so, I lose my current one. Because of that, hideouts are something I've ignored ever since I finished my first one.

You could even add it as an MTX transaction. But it's just something that would allow people to engage in other activities in the game, and it would even make them do more master missions instead of ignore them. Hell it may even sell you more MTX. I'm not buying an out-of-theme MTX for my forest hideout, even though a few are pretty nice.
well this seems hardly fair, as in entirly exclusive to peopel who have too much tiem on their hands AND have brutaly overpower PC gaming rigs.

to clarify, i myself wont be able to enter because of several reasons.

1. too many HO decorations lag my PC, i recently got a new video card but that only helps slightly in the long run. before i got this new card putting embers in my HO caused so much lag my character would sit in place for 10 seconds afte ri told them to move. So having to complete with the people hwo spend week snad weeks adding layer afte rlayer after layer of decorations to create that jungle cave look in the palace layout isnt really fair.

2. I dont have weeks and weeks and weeks to design a HO. I mean come on, really? you have only EVER biasedly chosen high end HO's with sometimes a months work of work into them, dont pretend anyone else has a chance.

3. Not everyone has access to all the decorations, any legacy items or pets give some people a CLEAR advantage as maybe having a random pet not in the store anymore gives them something NO ONE ELSE can have. And what about those items that cost half a million points to obtain from lvl 8 masters? i have my masters all at lvl 8 finally in standard, but i dont have THAT many points to throw around, and im sure there are players with even fewer poitns then i have.

this is the alienware race all over again where its compeltly biased towards no lifers and peopel who can be on at the right time for the right amount of time.
A few questions for the competition:

Is it acceptable if I submit a existing design that I already submitted for hotw? (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367772)

Can we submit more then one design? I've been wanting to delete my current hideout for some time and would like to submit both it and a new design.

Do you only want images or is videos fine as well?
Path of Hideout fanatic.
King Arthur and the Exiles of the Round table:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1OZlysRNY
The Cults of the Dragon and the Colossus:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QcSK9UCIzE
Last edited by Jernsaxe on Sep 9, 2015, 6:39:44 AM
and there I was thinking about making a new hideout.... kinda fits.. but... the competition is unbelievably strong, what people make out of these decorations is insane. I'm not that creative nor have I the artist's view.
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
how much winners there will be?
"
gubaguy wrote:
this is the alienware race all over again where its compeltly biased towards no lifers and peopel who can be on at the right time for the right amount of time.

While I agree good hideouts takes time you don't need level 8 masters to compete. Bex links to my old hideout (King Arthur and the exiles of the round table), it was done using ONLY lvl 7 masters or lower. All in all I spend around 75 hours making King Arthur, that means with a 3 month timeframe you need less then 1 hour pr. day to compete.

I also know the guy who made the Wreaclast hotel and he didn't spend millions of favor either.

If you feel lost and don't know where to start PM me ingame or here and I would love to help you get started.
Path of Hideout fanatic.
King Arthur and the Exiles of the Round table:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1OZlysRNY
The Cults of the Dragon and the Colossus:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QcSK9UCIzE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info